Tactile Immersion - General Discussion - Hardware & Software

Simagic - P1000 P-HPR (Haptic Pedals Reactor)

These seem much more interesting than e.g. Dayton thrusters:
P-HPR-SIMAGIC_650x650.jpg

Sorting how to use them with SimHub and other pedals will be "interesting".
@Chepilevski's video introduced these (to me):

• Deleted member 197115

Now only if they start selling this as a kit with a proper mounting for pedals from other manufacturers.
I was looking long and hard at Sim-3D rumble motor kit
Just too DIY looking sloppy 3d printed mounts, pretty lousy sticky tape solution for Simtrecs gas pedal I am using. and spinner motors has latency and not as rich and powerful at reproducing effects as proper transducers.
Here Simagic, golden mine idea for you.

golden mine idea

Few pedal sets have long arms from resistance elements
for haptic transducers to have mechanical advantage
and provide mounting points directly behind pads:
SIMAGIC-P1000.jpg

Their P-HPR is advertised as having "newly patented linear motor";
whether capable of complex haptics comparable to bass shakers is TBD.
reactor.jpg

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

Few pedal sets have long arms from resistance elements
for haptic transducers to have mechanical advantage
and provide mounting points directly behind pads:
Few like all of them? Which pedals do not use long arms with resistance elements, may be I just misunderstood what you were saying?

If you look at the list of supported pedals on Sim-3D rumble kit order page, they all utilize behind the pads mounting, he just has different brackets for them. Had no idea actually that there are so many different types in the wild.
Check out reviews or discord.
Replace these spinners with that "thingy" Simagic designed and you'll have a killer rumble combo.

Which pedals do not use long arms with resistance elements
Some pedals spring and/or elastomer attachments are higher on arm and nearer pad,
e.g. Logitech or Heusinkveld Pro brake, so elastomer will absorb more tactile energy:
Heusinkveld-Sim-Pedals-Ultimate-Gas-Pedal-G-Performance-1024x1024.jpg

Tactile transducer attachment should be at very top back of pad,
instead of lower on arm, for best mechanical advantage:
transducer.jpg

• Deleted member 197115

I concurre, I had exciters above the pedal pads now I drive with a BST-2 behind the plate with a McGivered mounting solution.

A better one is on my "one day I will...." list :rolleyes:
Got any pictures to share, how did you attach transducers to the pedals!
Thanks

BTW this is picture of Sim-3D kit attached to Simtrecs pedals from their discord
1690129223865.png

And mounted on Heusinkveld
1690129286176.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey all .. been reading this thread (great stuff!) and searching but can't find an answer to my question. I have 4 DAEXP32EP-4 exciters mounted directly to the bottom and back of my NRG fiberglass racing seat. (One under each thigh and near each kidney.) When I drive them hard, the outer metal frame knocks loudly against my seat.

Details
: I have upgraded the PS to a better 90W than the one that came with the exciter; I am using Nobsound NS-01-g amps and BT audio connect; the seat has some "mostly" flat spots for mounting ... but probably .030" out of plane at the rim on of the exciters.

Qs: would these "knock" if mounted on a perfect flat plate with the stock 3M mount? Could I be simply over-driving them? (I don't feel like they are clipping per se); Could it make sense to offset them with thicker 3M tape?

Hope someone is still watching this thread :) ...and thanks for all of the great information I got to build my haptic immersion rig! Apologies if this has been address at length somewhere and I just could not find it.

Cheers ... cp

Last edited:
"Sounds" like your overdriving them.
Exciters are no good below 40hz so try cutting the lower frequencies in Simhub.

Simhub output.PNG

With regards to the mounting planes I can´t help, I used the OEM sticky tape on an even surface.

Thank you for your help. Felt the same but was not careful enough to cut the low end … lots of movement there. Will give it a try. So I assume you have not experienced this? Ie, you cannot drive them to over travel like that? Thx again:).

Thank you for your help. Felt the same but was not careful enough to cut the low end … lots of movement there. Will give it a try. So I assume you have not experienced this? Ie, you cannot drive them to over travel like that? Thx again:).
No, I had no problems using them, I destroyed mine with the "Test Button" in the Out Put menue. This impulse is way to strong and breaks the spiders the voice coil is suspended on.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 85 29.9%
  • More leagues

Votes: 58 20.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 61 21.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 18 6.3%