Tactile Immersion - General Discussion - Hardware & Software

Are you mapping the effects for each channel in the sound outputs in SimHub?

Example (not my actual setup):
View attachment 661960

Test each channel one at a time (Test Now) to ensure you are getting output as expected. Watch the output gain (100% by default). If each channel is not outputting as expected, then it's probably not a Simhub issue and you will need to look more closely at what Windows or the driver is doing.
Yes I am mapping each effect, and it looks correct in simhub. I can feel the fronts setting off when I test either rear shaker or center. I don't believe simhub is incorrect, I have something wrong. I'm running a 5.1 logitech z906 of my mother board audio. I may not be configuring the soundcard correctly? I googled it but it seems like that is my issue. Some setting is incorrect. I went through all my computer to amp wiring 2x now

It definitely sounds like something is not configured or connected properly. Make absolutely certain that the sound card you're using for tactile is set to 7.1 output in Windows sound settings, that each amp is connected to then appropriate output (does the sound card have a physical 7.1 output at the rear I/O, or are some of the outputs shared and "virtualised" through software?) and that you are using the correct sound card as output for tactile within Simhub.
I have 2 options for sound card output. 1 is audigy analog and the other is audigy digital I'm using analog as I think digital is optical

This is my cards i/o and these are the outputs I'm using.
I have now went into windows and configured my soundcard to 7.1.
TRRS connectors are seemingly wanted for REAR/SR and SUB/C/SL,
but Tip/Rin/Ring/Sleeve plugs may be wired in incompatible ways:
trrs-diagram3.jpg

.. and if Ground is in the wrong position for your card, then a different one is wanted.
Understanding TRRS and Audio Jacks
Use an Ohmmeter to check continuity from an RCA shield to TRRS contacts.

The sound card does not appear to have 7.1 discrete channels. Getting those channels from the rear and sub out into the amps is looking to be very problematic. That's why you're getting duplicated outputs onto multiple channels. I use the 5.1 onboard sound card on my M/B to achieve 6 outputs (front L/R, rear L/R, sub and center, 3 outputs, 6 channels) and then another 2 channels come from the onboard sound card on the small Nobsound amp I use for some small Dayton units I have on the rear of my seat. For this to work for you with 8 channels, you'd need front rear and side L/R outputs, plus the center/sub output, giving 8 total discrete outputs. This is my estimation of what is going wrong here.

The sound card does not appear to have 7.1 discrete channels. Getting those channels from the rear and sub out into the amps is looking to be very problematic. That's why you're getting duplicated outputs onto multiple channels. I use the 5.1 onboard sound card on my M/B to achieve 6 outputs (front L/R, rear L/R, sub and center, 3 outputs, 6 channels) and then another 2 channels come from the onboard sound card on the small Nobsound amp I use for some small Dayton units I have on the rear of my seat. For this to work for you with 8 channels, you'd need front rear and side L/R outputs, plus the center/sub output, giving 8 total discrete outputs. This is my estimation of what is going wrong here.

What is the purpose of the splitter in your setup? A splitter is only used if you want an exact duplicate of your source analog signal. Perhaps that was your intention?
No just used as adapters. I I couldn't find an XLR to 3.5mm

Last edited:
So I have tried using my mobo audio outputs, it is a msi z690 wifi and I'm pretty darn sure it supports 5.1 with front,rear and center on the back i/o. It did not work as it should, but maybe with the things I learned from you I can try again. I also have another soundcard that I could use instead of the 7.1 audigy card. It is a asus 5.1 xonar se as I think I only need 5 channels. It just has a "side" output instead of rear. Does that matter? I made a quick drawing to show my wiring also. I removed the shaker under my pedals and the amplifier for simplicity.

Attachments

• 16836965784494837240472171999587.jpg
    16836965784494837240472171999587.jpg
    390.6 KB · Views: 63
  • 20230409_101120.jpg
    20230409_101120.jpg
    301.1 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
I found this information. I am running the z906 logitec out of my motherboard audio, is there any chance it is affecting my sound card audio? I'm using 3d audio but I'm using it in analog not optical.

For example, the Logitech Z906 can easily take the 2 channels that S/PDIF outputs, and you can select to turn it into 4.1 channels, 2.1 channels, or 3D Surround (thru all 6 speakers) at the push of a button. (3D Surround makes 2 channels go thru all 5.1 channels, but does NOT direct 'specific' sounds to 'specific' speakers, as say Dolby Digital 5.1 does. So if you're watching a movie, Dolby Digital 5.1 would direct bullet sounds flying in the background, specifically towards the rear speakers; 3D Surround would simply direct that stereo sound to all 6 speakers)

If I understand the owners manual correctly you are correct. So I just need to go to a 5.1 sound card? I only need 5 channels.
That card should work fine with the correct cables. I currently use only 6 channels from 7.1.
I am running the z906 logitec out of my motherboard audio, is there any chance it is affecting my sound card audio?
So long as the card for SimHub is NOT also Windows' Default Device,
then it should be unaffected. Even for Default Device, unless there is some software bug(s),
Windows sound settings should be unaffected by your Logitech Z906 2 channels to 3D magic.
By using analog out from motherboard audio, Windows gives the option to Configure various speaker configurations, supposing it is connected to Z906 using direct input cables.

So I have tried using my mobo audio outputs, it is a msi z690 wifi and I'm pretty darn sure it supports 5.1 with front,rear and center on the back i/o. It did not work as it should, but maybe with the things I learned from you I can try again. I also have another soundcard that I could use instead of the 7.1 audigy card. It is a asus 5.1 xonar se as I think I only need 5 channels. It just has a "side" output instead of rear. Does that matter? I made a quick drawing to show my wiring also. I removed the shaker under my pedals and the amplifier for simplicity.
Is it possible to post some photos of the cables you are using between the sound card and the amp(s)? Can you show us both ends including any additional adapters, such as RCA to 1/4" (or XLR). We can at least rule out a cabling issue.

I've mounted a TST with the universal mount directly to the bottom of the seat. I also have a plate that has another TST that's not directly on the seat. So you can do either. The strength of the direct mount though is very noticeable.

It is working 100% now! You were correct the 7.1 card was the issue, there may be a way to make it work but I'm not gonna be fighting with it anymore. Thank you for your time sir!

Hi Friends. I love to read this thread. Is it possible to get acces to thread discord chanell GV ?

Im also planing imersion but in a low costa basis and upgrade with time.
First of all 4 or 5 dayton

Many thanks.

Last edited:
I´ve been searching for a while now but couldn´t find a comparison chart for bassshakers with regard to frequency range and efficency.
Does such thing exist and if so could you point me in the right direction?

I want to find out if a TST209 or a Buttkicker mini would be a better fit for my seat instalation?

The situation is like this:

My seat is a street car Recaro (reclinable) with an Aurasound bolted to the seat pan and a Dayton Puck in the lumbar support. These do an adequate job in reporting wheel slip and engine vibration/gear change.
The seat is isolated between the OEM console and the rig by RaceBass isolators.

Now I´m contemplating putting the seat on a profile frame and adding another shaker for road vibration and impacts.
I have one free channel on my 5.1 receiver with 130watts nominally.
So would a TST 209 or a Buttkicker mini do a better job in kicking the whole seat assembly?
(these two are available here without big pains)

Maybe later there will be a luxury version with exciters on the bolsters of seat pan and backrest but these will pretty much work in isolation as the plastic parts they vibrate are not interconnected.
( lower frequencies to the whole seat, mid frequencies to the side the car is hitting the curb?)

Any input welcome, thanks in advance

Carsten

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 10 83.3%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 4 33.3%