Tactile Immersion - General Discussion - Hardware & Software

• Deleted member 197115

SimHub: "The P1000 pedals reactor are now supported in Shakeit motors.
Make sure to update both simpro and simhub to use it
Huge thanks to the Simagic team which made it possible
by bringing the required firmware features."
They should start selling this as a kit for 3rd party pedals. Great business opportunity.

selling this as a kit for 3rd party pedals
These quotes suggest that P-HPR reactors are driven by SimHub via P1000 hardware:
P-HPR.jpg

"made it possible by bringing the required firmware features."
... perhaps linear motors have wrong impedance for driving by repurposed audio amplifiers.

"The SIMAGIC Haptic Pedal Reactor is for use with the P1000 pedal set ONLY.
The P-HPR linear motor will simulate the same forces experienced in real automobiles.
This is for ONE unit. If you want one for each pedal, you must purchase each separately.
https://us.sim-motion.com/products/simagic-haptic-pedal-reactor-p-hpr
** ONLY 1 SIMAGIC PEDAL POWER SUPPLY IS REQUIRED PER P1000 PEDAL SET **"

*29 Oct 2023*: SimHub supports these only via USB,
and these really are motors, not transducers,
for only one tactile frequency at a time.

Last edited:
My friend @jgpacker74 has successfully connected these to a regular shaker amp btw. It is now installed on a p2000. Great alternative to rumble kits.

Last edited:
My friend has successfully connected these to a regular shaker amp btw. It is now installed on a p2000. Great alternative to rumble kits.

I am curious how they behave, when you say rumble kit i think more of an offset weight on a motor, i imagne that these deliver more grunt than that and are more like other transducers we use but i really don't know.

Has he said how they fare for power? I see the quote above saying that the will simulate the same forces in real cars which other than abs is not really a lot.

This is no doubt marketing sounding right but really underplaying what they can do.

when you say rumble kit i think more of an offset weight on a motor, i imagne that these deliver more grunt than that and are more like other transducers we use but i really don't know.
rumble kits have more grunt, at least the ones i have do.

however these feel a bit more realistic, since there is no need for a "build up". motor based solutions are not great for lower frequencies (rpms of the rumble motor). In fact, they even make a whining noise at those.

The shakers are linear, less powerful but instant. and you feel some kind of a punch under your feet, rather than rumbles like a controller.

rumble kits have more grunt, at least the ones i have do.

however these feel a bit more realistic, since there is no need for a "build up". motor based solutions are not great for lower frequencies (rpms of the rumble motor). In fact, they even make a whining noise at those.

The shakers are linear, less powerful but instant. and you feel some kind of a punch under your feet, rather than rumbles like a controller.
Thanks, quick reply. They are not expensive, so its a good solution but I am surprised that they dont seem as powerful. I use 2 hesf transducers on my throttle and 2 on my brake with an mqb. They do a great job but are not cheap, then you need the amp(s). Give heaps of power even pushing 90kg on the brake, that is the mqb doing that.

I get a lot more, as I should from the price than the rumble motors, I have tried big and small ones, one and 2 etc on each pedal. Ithought given the size of the simmagic they would do more.

Close your eyes is messy wiring gives you seizures.
pedals.jpg

Last edited:
My friend has successfully connected these to a regular shaker amp btw. It is now installed on a p2000. Great alternative to rumble kits.
That is great news. Some pedals lack provisions to attach these
at their top for desired mechanical advantage,
and rigid connection is wanted for efficient energy transfer,
but these should tolerate more power than other shakers
which fit pedal space constraints.
DAEX30HESF.jpg

Last edited:
For those with P2000 and brave enough I'll share some detailed pictures into this thread of how this was achieved. It involved drilling and tapping threads into the peddle arm. However prior to this I did have a cable tie solution that worked pretty well indeed but limited the ball joint/piston arm positions you could use.

Last edited:
For those with P2000 and brave enough I'll share some detailed pictures into this thread of how this was achieved. It involved drilling and tapping threads into the peddle arm. However prior to this I did have a cable tie solution that worked pretty well indeed but limited the ball joint/piston arm positions you could use.

Untitled-2.jpg

Other kit:
M4 Thread Tapper

Amplifier (Btw 200w is overkill I think they max out at around 100w)

5.5mm Female Connectors

Attachments

• Clearance on lowest pin.jpg
    Clearance on lowest pin.jpg
    804.8 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:

Last edited:
I just upgraded my tactileness from 1 channel (buttkicker gamer plus under the seat) to 5 channels. 4 x BST-1s. 2 on the sides of the bucket seat and 2 by the pedals, one on each side of the pedalplate of the P1X.

Buttkicker is directly attached to the seat, and running Engine Vibrations and Gear Shift.

But I am having a hard time to find a good starting point for the the new additions which I thought of using for the suspension and wheel related stuff.

Could someone point me towards the right direction to be able to differentiate the different effects and not to overflood the info coming from the shakers to make it as realistic and immersive as possible?

Screenshots or actual SimHub profiles very much welcome! Thanks!

Good Vibrations is agreat resource !

For starters I suggest the channels wheel slip/lock and road impact/vibration as
" driving aids".

Especially slip/lock complements steering FFB immensely.

Last edited:
Alright, time to finally start planning my tactile setup. Please help guide me as I can't go though this monster of a thread and have put this off a bit.

Desire: Isolated seat with multiple sources of feedback and isolated pedals with feedback for ABS, TC, + a wife that can sleep in the opposite corner of the house.

Rig: Sim-Labs P1-X with SFX-150 motion with Racetech fiberglass seat on sliders and HE Sprint pedals mounted on sim-lab P1-X baseplate and heal rest. I use Sim Hub but am far from an expert with it.

I had a buttkicker before but tried to do too many things with it and it was kind of muddy and hard for me to differentiate. I did not end up using it much before my controller broke. I figured some day I would do a more proper setup with multiple different outputs. I don't want to go too crazy or add a ton of effects, but I want to be able to tell the difference between the effects I do use. I also quickly realized I needed to better isolate instead of just attaching one transducer to my fairly solid rig frame.

I'm really not sure how much this will cost to do right, but I'm not really looking to max things out or break new ground. I was hoping to keep it under $1K and would need to save up longer if there was a good reason to exceed that. At the same time, I use my rig a good amount and would rather do it right now than save a little money and end up disappointed and wanting to redo right away.

Any guidance is appreciated.

check the attached GV post - there are our setup examples - from basic to advanced
with the giving budget and having a SFX installed i would go with some units mounted to your seat and your pedal arms - ignore the isolation for the first step

would be RPM on the gas pedal
ABS brake
RPM, SLIP and SUSPENSION on the seat

Considering getting a used SFX 150mm 4 actuator motion setup, I know that there are a lot of people running VR with Motion, which kinda makes sense. (Simlab P1X, 1440p Triples)

But to you guys who are running Triples on separate stands, and that isn't interested in integrating that onto the extrusion rig as well.

Have you had any regrets getting motion? How are you coping with the image on the screen not acting the same way as the rig under you in that case?

A bit worried about this aspect before spending a big chunk of money.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back