Tactile Immersion - General Discussion - Hardware & Software

Where did you find the 9106 for sale at £1.50? Farnell?
Have you seen they have a £15.95 delivery charge on these as they are USA stock?
that was the first place that came but then I found a different stockist in the Uk where they’re £1.40 each with £8 delivery, first-av.co.Uk

they supply pro audio gear and those feet are used for flight cases and amp racks. Many years ago I was a sound engineer and roadie to pay my way through college so figured there’d be an audio stockist with them over here. I can also pickup some neutrik connectors to make connecting all the cables easier at the same time.

Last edited:
Are there any simhub tuning tips, ie recommended frequency ranges for different effects, how the layering works, and how to best handle a trt / BFE combination (ie use each for different effects, or some sort of crossover). I am sure the information is buried somewhere here, but some pointers would be great.

Team, could use some help setting up two used Behringer NX1000D's that I picked up recently. I have been using SimVibe and small SMSL amps to drive 2 BK minis and 2 Aura AST-2B-4's. I am planning to move soon to SimHub.

I am using 3.5mm to XLR cables to input to the NX1000D's and SpeakOn Cables out to the transducers. However, I am getting very weak output., and I don't really understand the settings and options on the Behiringers. Any tips?

Also, while this thread is GREAT, the info is very fragmented. Is there a concise guide anywhere to setting up and using the commercial amps with SimVibe and SimHub, like Behringer?

I have recently purchased a TST239 second hand, and while I haven't installed it yet, I know I would like to add some more tactile.

The Dayton TT25 pucks look like what I am after, but am curious if anyone here is using the 16ohm version instead of the 8ohm. I can get quite a good deal on a 4 pack of the 16ohm and wanted to use them on my gas, break, and heelplate. Using an AV Receiver to power them, and realize the output will be halved vs 8ohm.

Given the proximity to my feet, I am thinking I won't need to drive them to the max anyways. I plan to add a few more shakers and such to my system as time goes on as well, but figured the TST239 and a quad of the TT25 will be a good start.

Anyone have thoughts on my approach? I'm sure many would have a different approach, and have read through the thread and tried to get as much from what everyone's shared, and very appreciative. Thanks in advance.

intro to the Good Vibrations discord group
Well done!
My discord ID does not use my real first name, and multiple discord IDs are discouraged.

FWIW, I suppose that other VR sim drivers resist Stream Deck;
I can use a MIDI control surface (KORG nanoKONTROL2) with HMD, so created
a SimHub plugin that makes MIDI knob and slider values available as properties.
Some in the Good Vibrations community might find it useful:
SimHub plugin to read and send MIDI slider messages

Well done!
My discord ID does not use my real first name, and multiple discord IDs are discouraged.

You are able to modify a per Discord server profile. In most servers I show up as HeliRider, but I've modified my profile in GV.

Just right click on your user after you join a server and you can edit your server profile to change your name specific to that server. You are still using the same account.

1681404537701.png

Dear Mr. Latte,

Congrats on this thread. its a gem. also kudos to you for sharing with us.

i would like to add though i feel many people although get tons of data/information/knowledge from here but many also leave confused/puzzled/more lost then when they started because of the scattered nature of this knowledge and also the vastness of this thread.

it'd be really nice and tremendously helpful, if you could put up a sticky post or a downloadable pdf with details for tactile for sim rigs.

it could have details on exciters/bass shakers/amps in a level/stage 1 to 5 format where in products could be recommended and listed in combinations as per budget from level/stage 1 to 5 (maybe even higher).

that would make this thread the ultimate GO TO tactile thread which in honesty it truly deserves to be on the whole world wide web.

Kindly consider.

Thanks.

Dear Mr. Latte,

Congrats on this thread. its a gem. also kudos to you for sharing with us.

i would like to add though i feel many people although get tons of data/information/knowledge from here but many also leave confused/puzzled/more lost then when they started because of the scattered nature of this knowledge and also the vastness of this thread.

it'd be really nice and tremendously helpful, if you could put up a sticky post or a downloadable pdf with details for tactile for sim rigs.

it could have details on exciters/bass shakers/amps in a level/stage 1 to 5 format where in products could be recommended and listed in combinations as per budget from level/stage 1 to 5 (maybe even higher).

that would make this thread the ultimate GO TO tactile thread which in honesty it truly deserves to be on the whole world wide web.

Kindly consider.

Thanks.

Rana, I noticed you reopening a number of tactile threads looking for information, so I sent you a direct message. I think I can point you at the information you want.

I need some help. I'm trying to run a 5 channel shaker setup in simhub ( corners, under seat) and It seems like windows has the mix messed up. I have a 2 channel amp (Dayton bsa 200) running the front 2 shakers, nx 1000 running the rear 2 and an nx1000d running the center shakers. I have a 7.1 sound card creative audigy, and mother board takes care of audio. I have center rumbling with front and and other mix issue's. Any advice would be very appreciated.

Is the Windows sound settings set up to output 7.1 channels? If not, then you might need to change it so that it is and also confirm that all the amps are connected correctly to the sound card.

You'll then need to use custom output in Simhub which will give you access to 8 output channels. You'll need to test which unit is outputting on what channels within Simhub. You can then rename the outputs in Simhub so that you don't have to remember it all.

Last edited:
Is the Windows sound settings set up to output 7.1 channels? If not, then you might need to change it so that it is and also confirm that all the amps are connected correctly to the sound card.

You'll then need to use custom output in Simhub which will give you access to 8 output channels. You'll need to test which unit is outputting on what channels within Simhub. You can then rename the outputs in Simhub so that you don't have to remember it all.
Thank you for the reply. I'm certain that amps are correctly hooked to sound card as I labeled everything as I went. I have configured the soundcard in simhub is that the correct way? I will try to configure the card through settings now, I thought that is for my audio playback or default device.

So I configured the card output. I'm at 8 channels, now the rear shakers are the only ones that set off independently. Channel1 sets off front left and both rears
Channel 2 front right and both rears
Channels 3 and 4 no shaking at all
Channels 5 and 6 just the center or sub shakers shake
Channels 7 and 8 the rears set off independently.
I also use a 5.1 logitech surround sound is that somehow screwing me up? It's using mobo audio

It definitely sounds like something is not configured or connected properly. Make absolutely certain that the sound card you're using for tactile is set to 7.1 output in Windows sound settings, that each amp is connected to then appropriate output (does the sound card have a physical 7.1 output at the rear I/O, or are some of the outputs shared and "virtualised" through software?) and that you are using the correct sound card as output for tactile within Simhub.

Rana, I noticed you reopening a number of tactile threads looking for information, so I sent you a direct message. I think I can point you at the information you want.
Hi RCHeliguy any chance you could share some of this information I'm trying to run 5 channel set 4 plus 1 with bashakers placed either on the corners of the frame or on side mounts of the seat and pedal plate ( not willing do drill the seat) any help would be much appreciated

Attachments

• PXL_20230508_070438946.jpg
    PXL_20230508_070438946.jpg
    596.4 KB · Views: 116
So I configured the card output. I'm at 8 channels, now the rear shakers are the only ones that set off independently. Channel1 sets off front left and both rears
Channel 2 front right and both rears
Channels 3 and 4 no shaking at all
Channels 5 and 6 just the center or sub shakers shake
Channels 7 and 8 the rears set off independently.
I also use a 5.1 logitech surround sound is that somehow screwing me up? It's using mobo audio
Are you mapping the effects for each channel in the sound outputs in SimHub?

Example (not my actual setup):
1683563439448.png

Test each channel one at a time (Test Now) to ensure you are getting output as expected. Watch the output gain (100% by default). If each channel is not outputting as expected, then it's probably not a Simhub issue and you will need to look more closely at what Windows or the driver is doing.

It definitely sounds like something is not configured or connected properly. Make absolutely certain that the sound card you're using for tactile is set to 7.1 output in Windows sound settings, that each amp is connected to then appropriate output (does the sound card have a physical 7.1 output at the rear I/O, or are some of the outputs shared and "virtualised" through software?) and that you are using the correct sound card as output for tactile within Simhub.
This is my cards i/o and these are the outputs I'm using.
I have now went into windows and configured my soundcard to 7.1.
I don't think it's simhub doing this it's something in my settings that I just don't understand. Is my card possibly setting the fronts off with the back as side speakers? In simhub as I test channels in custom output only one bar indicates output at a time. I had to use 3.5mm splitters like a single 3.5mm into 2 3.5mm to adapter from computer to amp could that be the cause? Or my nx1000 amps are channel 1 and 2 are those channels each left and right audio, because I hooked them up as channel 1 is left and channel 2 is right. I appreciate the feedback alot, I haven't sim raced in over 3 months as I have been pissed that I can't figure this out.

Attachments

• shopping.jpg
    shopping.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 36 8.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 20 4.7%
  • Yearly

Votes: 29 6.8%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.3%