Tactile Immersion - General Discussion - Hardware & Software

I'm looking to buy 6 Dayton Audio BST-1 50w bass shakers with 3 Nobsound 2 x 50w Soundcard/Amps. I want to put 2 on each side at the bottom of my monitor mount for front tires (this is about 8 inches in front of my pedal deck and it's attached to my rig) 1 under my pedal deck, 1 under seat and 2 more on 10 inch metal roads attached on each side of the back of the seat (for rear tires). Wondering if someone has a similar setup and if this makes any sense. Thanks

rule of thumb is the closer to the body(shoulders, back, lumbar area, glutes and hamstrings), the better.

Earlier today I saw a video that i cannot find that was more of a joke but it hacked an xbox controller and connected it to a large AC motor that just about shook the desk apart when it was rumbling. It had a large weight on the shaft and would have rattled your teeth.

One of hte guys commented that it would be good for sims, i.e. the thumping of a v8 etc. It wouldnt because it as we all know there is not enough control over the speed of these to produce much more than canned effects that give feedback but wont feel accurate.

Then I thought that perhaps this would actually be a pretty good idea executed correctly. It could no doubt give much better effects than a large transducer.

Simply replace the AC motor with a servo, similar to ones used with the SFX and you could throw around a hefty weight under 1 rev per second and the roatational spped wouldnt have to be linear to give better effects, e.g. from slow to a very fast 180 deg rotation, to slow for a period of time to fast 180 revolution.

I think this could work out to give very good low freq results with good energy.

I seem to have developed somewhat of a rattle in my Earthquake MQB-1 unit. I do not run this at anywhere near the max level. It sounds different to how it did when I first got it. I ran some hz tests from a website and it sounds not too bad when running those but certain ranges are definitely a little affected. @Mr Latte 's latest engine profile seems to bring the worst out in it which is annoying because I'm really loving using the second of the 3 options provided in that package. I wonder if he or any other owners of the same unit could chime in and let me know if I should be looking at a possible RMA? I don't really notice anything wrong with it when my earbuds are in but when they are out and I can actually here the unit operating, it makes me feel like something is not right with it.

Maybe I should attach a sound clip or video of it? I bought it through Amazon so an RMA should be fairly easy. Just wonder if it's normal or not. To be clear it's not the same as using the BK Mini LFE at the troublesome sub 35hz range. It happens through most of the rev range and more so at lower hz.

Im now using 2x "DAEX32EP-4" around the lower back sides. i feel that its not enough and want to cover more areas - by adding extra immersion using extra 2-4 shakers + 6 channel Amp.

should I have to order more DAEX32EP-4 shakers or the suggestions are different?

Hi all,

Has been a while since I messed around in Simhub. But now I adjusted and experimented a lot with available effects in Simhub again. I see that in this thread several effects are shared in a TXT file. I feel pretty dumb.. but how do import a effect on it's own again? I could have sworn it was just the copy to clipboard option in Simhub and you are able to paste it to a Wordpad or something. But that does not seem to work, cannot paste or open anything. Can anybody point me in the right direction?

is there some simhub basic settings for dual DAEX32EP-4 shaker?

These where my settings for "pedal shakers"

Maybe you can develop something of it.

MFG Carsten

Hi guys, have a simple question maybe the owners of these items can answer.

The Douk NSG-10 the little nob sound amps have a sound card so they are plug and play through USB.

My question is, does the Douk 4-channel M4 also have a soundcard like this for pc/USB? aka plug and play.

or will i need to order a little small USB soundcard to use with it?

Last edited:
Hi guys, have a simple question maybe the owners of these items can answer.

The Douk NSG-10 the little nob sound amps have a sound card so they are plug and play through USB.

My question is, does the Douk 4-channel M4 also have a soundcard like this for pc/USB? aka plug and play.

or will i need to order a little small USB soundcard to use with it?
Negative. They have a USB port, but AFAIK (according to the manual) its for playing media off a mass-storage device.

great post
add a short Hello to get updates on this post
i am new to tactile - running a motion rig and added 5 transducers some days ago
now i like to add the missing effects :)
i think i will focus on rpm, gears, slip, TC and lock
i think i will focus on simhub
Peter

Has anyone got experience with Asus X570 motherboard onboard audio?

I've just put together my new PC and cannot get any signal from the onboard outputs (Centre/Sub) to my two Buttkickers and am a bit lost with this Asus software implementation.

When I first installed Windows, I had speakers listed as 'Realtek Audio' in the windows sound settings.

Next thing I know, Windows store installed 'Asus Sonic Studio III' bloatware (along with 'Sonic Radar 3), then Windows update installed some Nahamic driver. This seems to have taken over and then disabled the Realtek speaker output.

'Sonic Studio Virtual Mixer' speakers are listed as 'Ready'
'Realtek Audio' speakers are listed as 'Not Plugged In'

Either way, I can't get anything out of the BKs when hitting 'Test Now' in SIMHUB no matter which of the 8 channels I try. I also noticed that I'm getting nothing on the NX3000D level meters, as if nothing is getting sent to it.

I'm wondering if uninstalling sonic studio would bring the realtek speaker outputs back to life?

Any ideas would be appreciated... :thumbsdown:

Audio 01.jpg

Edit to add:

When I try to configure the Sonic Studio output via Windows speaker setup it only offers me a stereo configuration, whereas the onboard Realtek chip on my old X99 MB let me choose 7.1

Realtek Onboard Audio Settings (Speaker Configuration) 01.jpg

Last edited:
After dicking around for quite a few hours, I've finally managed to get some sound out of my onboard audio. I'll post what I did here in case it might help someone with an Asus X570 board in the future.

Reinstalling anything from the Asus driver support page didn't work for me, no matter which of the various .exe files I ran from the folder. With so many executable files in there and no direction on which one/ones should be used they don't exactly make it user friendly for someone who isn't technically savvy :poop:

Screenshot 2021-05-01 112311.jpg

After all of the above failed to give me any sound, I did the following:

Uninstalled Realtek Audio Console Software
Uninstalled Sonic Studio III Software and Driver
Unistalled Sonic Radar III Software

Installed Realtek driver version R2.82 which can be found here. The driver date seems unintuitive but it does work.

Realtek Audio Driver Page.jpg
Doing this leaves you with an 'unknown device' in Windows device manager but it's just the orphaned Sonic Studio crap.

Realtek Driver R282 Device Manager.jpg

You end result is that your Realtek speakers are recognised in the sound control panel and you can then get signals to output :)

I read about 30 pages of this thread and almost made my decision, i want to put 6 transducer in total( 2 on the pedal pads, 4 on the seat), my idea is to use 6 dayton tt25-8, but i can't figure what amplifiers i should use, maybe 3 nobsound? any help would be very appriciated
ps: i already have a soundcard

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 28 84.8%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 10 30.3%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 10 30.3%