Tracks Sveg, Sweden

Really beautiful and inspiring work! I love the details and setting.
Regarding the performance issues, while trying to optimize my track, I seperated it into zones. 22 to be exact - 1 for each corner and 1 for each straight. So all of the trackside objects - walls, fences, grandstands, etc. would be split into smaller chunks. Same goes for trees, I split the KSTREE_GROUPs into zones too. (KSTREE_GROUP_pine_finish_00x, and so on)
Now my track seems to be runing quite well even on older GPUs, and I haven`t even started yet with LODs
zones.jpg

Really beautiful and inspiring work! I love the details and setting.
Regarding the performance issues, while trying to optimize my track, I seperated it into zones. 22 to be exact - 1 for each corner and 1 for each straight. So all of the trackside objects - walls, fences, grandstands, etc. would be split into smaller chunks. Same goes for trees, I split the KSTREE_GROUPs into zones too. (KSTREE_GROUP_pine_finish_00x, and so on)
Now my track seems to be runing quite well even on older GPUs, and I haven`t even started yet with LODs
View attachment 220487
Yea I generate the whole thing one area at a time anyway. I might chop it up to smaller pieces later on though.

Good job LeonS.. I had many thoughs how to make good looking forest ground, but never successed to make good one, but now i know how to do it. :D Thanks. :)

for a fantasy track based on real location it's a great track, with your skills improving a lot from your latest screeshots you could start working on any real location, Sweden has some amazing tracks!
I hope you can make a shorter layout or sth more appealing to low powered cars, from the videos it seems plenty of long straights

for a fantasy track based on real location it's a great track, with your skills improving a lot from your latest screeshots you could start working on any real location, Sweden has some amazing tracks
Try to explain that to my gf ;-)

Sorry to disappoint, but there are no plans for more tracks after this. I'm also not really interested in doing real world tracks. For me what's most fun about this is to create something completely new, where I put my own ideas into the track layout. I kinda like to write my own song instead of doing covers.

That being said I have great respect for everyone who recreates real life tracks (especially LilSki) and I'm usually not a huge fan of fantasy tracks as they tend to be unrealistic in terms of layout (just think of Highlands and Black Cat County. Sad!), and usually just not of high quality overall. I just hope you guys won't think that of this track.

So if I ever were to make another track it would most likely be in the same kind of setting, but a permanent (and 100% fantasy) race track. I would reduce the amount of work by reusing as many assetts as possible, so it would look essentially the same, with a different layout. But as I said, there are no plans in that direction currently, and I probably wouldn't start before Sveg has reached v. 1.5 or so -- I wanna update this every now and then after 1.0 to put in all the ideas I still have and improve the looks of it further.

Edit: I think while the track has long straights it's still a lot of fun or even most fun with medium powered street cars (say old 911s).

Last edited:
Yeah, absolutely! If you only ever make this one track, it would be like having a date with a beautiful woman for one night only, and then never seeing her again :( ;)

You can drive the track more than once :p It's more like I'm giving you a beautiful girl to keep forever and you complain you can't have her sister on top ;-)

Try to explain that to my gf ;-)

Sorry to disappoint, but there are no plans for more tracks after this. I'm also not really interested in doing real world tracks. For me what's most fun about this is to create something completely new, where I put my own ideas into the track layout. I kinda like to write my own song instead of doing covers.

That being said I have great respect for everyone who recreates real life tracks (especially LilSki) and I'm usually not a huge fan of fantasy tracks as they tend to be unrealistic in terms of layout (just think of Highlands and Black Cat County. Sad!), and usually just not of high quality overall. I just hope you guys won't think that of this track.

I'm 100% the same way. When I work on stuff, I like it to be my own. But, when I do, I always try to make it as realistic as possible. When I did the P30 for pCARS, by far the greatest 'compliments' I received were people asking if it was a real car. Objective achieved. :)

If I ever do find the time to learn Blender and get started working on one of the many circuits I have planned out, I'll take the same approach - fictional circuit that seems like it could be real if you didn't know any better.

Sveg is looking great, and I'm really looking forward to crashing into those barriers!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.