Tracks Sveg, Sweden

So far FPS are steady in VR single lap mode with no noticeable spikes or dips on track. New additions greatly enhance the track day feel. Not to sure about the crowd on the stand though. It does not look right and a bit too colorful. Maybe add it as a separate kn5 file so can remove if wanted.
new grasses texture is good.
Road cones are non collidable. Are they there just for show?

This one particular Port-A-Loo has dark shadows on it, tested with different times of day and for some reasons show almost black. It stood out quite a bit when driving past as a black box in the morning sessions.

Attachments

• Screenshot_dallara_f312_sveg_3-12-118-19-55-54.jpg
    Screenshot_dallara_f312_sveg_3-12-118-19-55-54.jpg
    750.3 KB · Views: 133
  • Screenshot.jpg
    Screenshot.jpg
    597 KB · Views: 139
What exactly is 'DIP' in this context? Digital image processing?
DrawIndexedPrimitive calls.

number of visible meshes in a basic 3d sense. DirectX builds a bunch of calls every frame on the cpu, which decides which objects are presently visible, what order to draw them in to ensure transparent stuff draws last, and where they are, and sends them to the gpu, so it's a bottleneck on 3d performance. I believe the gpu also only handles one at a time in order so if you have too many small ones that's bad, multitasking is more like "each of 900 threads on the gpu draws a single triangle in the mesh".

Last edited:
Thanks to my testers for their work so far. Here's a list of comments on the points they brought up, which also serves as a to do list for myself:

[as designed] cones: due to AC's horrible physics for them I made most of them uncollidable.

[done] the loo: yeah I'm wondering in which of the kn5s that is. I've noticed it before too. should just be removed. if you can, could you check in which kn5 it is? otherwise I will once I get around to it ;)

[?] fans: I am not 100% happy with their look either, but I don't really know what to do about it. I feel like the mix of shirt colors is realistic. I'm open to suggestions on how to make them look better (screenshots from other tracks where they look better would be helpful).

[as designed] gamermuscle: I think visually they work quite well actually, better than expected. The deal is that he will show it on his channel, so its ads for publicity.

[?] I might add Sim Racing Paddock banners as well / same deal.

[as designed] occlusion map baking: I think it's a lot of work to do that. Maybe in a future version, but not for this one, sorry.

[done] improved TV cam: need to check it out and I'll put it in if I like it

[done] remove side_l and side_r csvs

[done] put fans in its own kn5

[working on it] still need to finish the grass

Last edited:
Since I don't know how much time I will have in the future to work on this, I think I'm calling it 1.0 - what do you guys think?
It looks very good and in a finished state so I say get it out there - you can always collate comments and update it at a later date. Some tracks receive updates years after release.

Last edited:
Almost a year after the initial release we're finally making the jump to 1.0, and it's a big update. The track has finally come to life with lots and lots of details added in all places, and a big overhaul of the overall look. These are the highlights from the change log:
  • improved shader settings for road and curbs, water, fences, white lines
  • improved visibility of grid position markers
  • improved road, curb, and environment textures
  • improved look of grass, tires (barriers), guardrails, surrounding landscape, gravel/ pebbles at the shores
  • improved safety fences for marshalls
  • replaced small direction signs in corners with larger ones
  • added checkerboard as start/finish line
  • new sponsors, ad boards & improved placement
  • added trackday-style cones to help with brake points
  • added some impact marks on walls
  • added tarmac patches in T1 and T9 and new tarmac before T6
  • added speed bumps in run-off areas
  • added bridge joints (visual & physical)
  • added marshalls (marshall model by Rigel), sheds for marshalls, trash cans and portable toilets around the track
  • added bushes and grass all around the track
  • added fans on and around grad stand
  • AI: fixed occasional crashes at bridge 2
  • T1 runoff-area: wall moved away from the track for improved safety
  • Improved pit building's look
A big thank you to the v1.0 beta-testers Leonardo and katikomer!
If you enjoy the track, please rate it and consider donating via PayPal to the donation address provided in the download area - thank you!

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back