Tracks Sveg, Sweden

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Modding Discussions' started by LeonS, Oct 12, 2017.

1. Stephen O'Sullivan

Stephen O'Sullivan
    Premium

Ratings:
    +203
    That's understandable. The different tyre treads are well done. One last try: perhap paint just those stacks at the entrance to the bridge section where the walls close in? :sneaky:

2. Mascot

Mascot
    Card-carrying mod whore Premium

Ratings:
    +378
    I turned a lot of laps at Sveg last night and really love it, but it did feel a little... barren, or bleak, compared to other tracks, if that makes sense. Maybe that's the ambience you are intending but I went from Sveg to Biķernieki and it felt a lot more alive, more colourful, more... dense somehow. Please don't take this as a criticism as I do love the track but thought it worth mentioning anyway just in case you'd had similar thoughts yourself and were considering some more track furniture or adding some colourful billboards or something. Maybe a couple of hot air balloons hovering at low level somewhere?
    One other thing: the rumble strips/kerbs are brutal..! They really shake my wheel more than any other track I can think of. Are we supposed to avoid them? I find I need them for the lines I take, but have to prepare myself for the judders..!

• Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  3. LeonS

LeonS

Ratings:
    +400
    You should be able to judge from the screenshots that the track will really come alive with the update. I don't think it's necessary to go for stuff that wouldn't really exist in reality. Here's what it looks like at a permanent race track a bit south of Sveg:

I'd rather focus on making the things that we already have look good, instead of creating extra stuff that takes away from the immersion.

As for the curbs: I assume you mean the exit curbs. There are two kinds of them, the wide ones at T8 and T11, and the narrower ones everywhere else. So let's get down to what part you feel is really harsh: Do you mean the wide, the narrow or both? And is it the getting up on and down from the curb or the rumble while you're on the curb? Also, what wheel du you use, and what other track did you compare it with?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mathieu Labbé

Mathieu Labbé

Ratings:
    +152
    Yay, someone else mentions the curb :) In my case, what feels harsh is the fact that there seem to be no progression to them. In most other tracks, the curbs start almost flat to the track and then grow higher. Whereas on sveg they feel like one big even concrete block, so that when your tires hit them (coming from the tarmac on corner exit for example) it gives a big bump in the wheel.

I ran many laps on sveg yesterday as well and that curb thing bugged me again. I got used to it though, and saw it as a challenge as it really upsets the cars when hitting them, both on corner entry and exit. Like I said last time, if its the intention its definitely manageable!

As for the looks, I like the simple and slick aspect of it. With the real sim world ads, its simply brilliant :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
  5. Mascot

Mascot

Ratings:
    +378
    I think it's both curbs, and it's the rumble on the curbs. Not a big deal to me if they stay the same, maybe it's just me (although I see someone else has mentioned them too). My wheel is a CSWv2.5. I don't think I feel rumble strips as harshly on any other tracks, but I might be wrong. My wheel really rattles on Sveg though.

Looking forward to trying your next update, it's a great track. :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. LeonS

LeonS

Ratings:
    +400
    Right, so it's intended to have a small bump as you get on the curb, but not so much as to really upset the car. I don't want it to be a completely smooth continuation of the road though. Personally, I've only tested it with my T500RS and it always seemed fine to me, but it's not as strong as the CSW2.5 or any direct drive wheel. I appreciate you guys pointing this out, exactly the kind of feedback that I was hoping for :)

I'll probably take another look at it and make a decision on possible changes later today. The inside curbs will likely stay as they are though. as they are pretty smooth in my opinion.

• Like Like x 2
  7. LeonS

LeonS

Ratings:
    +400
    jeez, I just noticed the curbs were all over the place. Some were left-right mirrored (tall side at the road, low side at the grass), some even in the reverse sawtooth pattern (I\I\I\I\I\I\ instead of /I/I/I/I/I/I). I'm fixing them all now, hope you'll like them in 0.9 ;-)

• Like Like x 6
    • Love Love x 2
    • Haha Haha x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  8. LeonS

LeonS

Ratings:
    +400
    did some hot lapping in the Audi, 2:35.754. With the new curbs, but also with putting a foot in the grass at T6. Otherwise finally a good lap :) Gonna post it when 0.9 gets released.

• Like Like x 2
  9. LeonS

LeonS

Ratings:
    +400
    Beat ya! ;-) (on a slightly quicker track though)

10. ALB123

ALB123
    Premium

Ratings:
    +415
    I can't believe I didn't pick up on the curbing...Maybe that's because I miss every apex? :cool: :mad: :poop:

• Haha Haha x 4
  11. Mascot

Mascot

Ratings:
    +378
    Phew! Very relieved that I mentioned them now. I don't like posting about anything that could be interpreted as criticism of mods if it's based on a subjective opinion or personal preference (like the 'feel' of something, eg these curbs) as opposed to an objective fact (like a hole in geometry, for example), but the Sveg curbs felt so harsh I did wonder that something might be wrong. Glad you investigated them and glad that a fix is on the way. And glad to help..! :)

• Like Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.