Super Touring 98 Mod

Nice Mod.
its nice to drive but the Vehicle Body ist to low so the Tires are to much in the Body (i hope you know what I meen).
But i think it this Mod will be on the correct Way.

Thank you for your comment:)
It's very easy to fix, but I think the super touring cars were very low...
Specially the '97 and '98 seasons, before they were alowed to open up the body for the front wheels.
I will take a look...
More opinions anyone?

Ah O.k. but they are too low at the Nissan the wheel look out of the Body.
I just driv a few Laps at Zandvoort and i can only smile nice Cars and cool Sounds.
When i find some problems I will post it here.

Ok, I will adjust the height a few centimeters. Does the problem unly occur on bumpy roads?
I think the real problem is the suspension. I have tried to limit the suspension range, but I wasn't very successful;)

awesome work, i think that the nissan is too low, around the bottom of the body is actually in the ground, same with the honda and renault, the volvo is fine! but apart from that i cant wait to see more of your work, for a first timer, your work is brilliant so please keep up the good work!

I'm glad you like it:)
The ride height will be fixed for next release.
When I made an update to the suspension file suddenly all the cars except the Volvo where about 10 cm too high when I watched the replay.
I solved this by edit the 'graphical offset' in the .hdc file, and it looked fine in the replay. Must be someting wrong there...

You can fix this problems by edit the .hdc files of the low cars:

GraphicalOffset=(0.00, -0.085, -0.0)

The second number means that the car is 8.5 cm lowered now (was 10 cm in preview version). Try different numbers:)

I just managed to take the Volvo and Honda out on Donington. I have to say, nice job for a first attempt. Am I correct in assuming that all the cars use the Chevrolet physics, or do they have their own?
Either way, very good job. My only gripe is that the maximum steering lock seems a bit too low. With my G25 at 360 degrees, I found I had to really throw the wheel around to get any kind of response from the car.

Looking forward to the next release... :)

I have edited the chevrolet physics. The weight and suspension etc... All the cars have identical engines and physics for now.
The engines are super touring ones (I've got some help there:) )
The steering these years were actually wery limited, because there were not enought room for the front wheels to turn.
The rules were changed for '99 season, allowing the teams to cut bigger holes for the front wheels :)

I'm not sure what to do...

I'm glad you like it:)
The ride height will be fixed for next release.
When I made an update to the suspension file suddenly all the cars except the Volvo where about 10 cm too high when I watched the replay.
I solved this by edit the 'graphical offset' in the .hdc file, and it looked fine in the replay. Must be someting wrong there...

You can fix this problems by edit the .hdc files of the low cars:

GraphicalOffset=(0.00, -0.085, -0.0)

The second number means that the car is 8.5 cm lowered now (was 10 cm in preview version). Try different numbers:)

i did this and it worked.... thank you :) no it looks even better!!!! definately keep up the good work!

The next car

Attachments

• supertouring9855.jpg
    supertouring9855.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 360
The body shape is almost finished.
And don't worry, this is flat shade:)

Attachments

• supertouring9856.jpg
    supertouring9856.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 311
  • supertouring9857.jpg