Super Touring 98 Mod

AndreasFSC

1000RPM
Premium
I have decided to make my own Super Touring '98 mod, focusing on the british championship.
I know MAK-Corp is making one also, but I can not wait that long:)

This is my first Simbin mod, so it might take som time to finish.
So far I've made the s40 body and about 40% of the body texture:

Attachments

mthaleem

25RPM
Not bad, keep improving! It looks quite promising.

The body textures and wheel positions are areas which need some work, but I understand that you have just started.

most likely the issue of the wheels sticking out is that in say 3DSimED the model and wheels looks correct, but in game they are wide. Have a look in your .hdc file for the S40 and scroll down to the [SUSPENSION] section:

e.g.

Code:
[SUSPENSION]
PhysicalModelFile=F107.SP
CorrectedInnerSuspHeight=0.245   // Instead of moving inner susp height relative with ride height, use this offset (set to -1 for original behavior)
ApplySlowToFastDampers=0         // Whether to apply slow damper settings to fast damper settings
AdjustSuspRates=1                // Adjust suspension rates due to motion ratio (0 = direct measure of spring/damper rates, 1 = wheel rates)
AlignWheels=1                    // Correct for minor graphical offsets
FrontWheelTrack=1.470            // If non-zero, forces the front wheels to be specified track width
RearWheelTrack=1.410             // If non-zero, forces the rear wheels to be specified track width
LeftWheelBase=3.110              // If non-zero, forces the left side to use specified wheelbase
RightWheelBase=3.110             // If non-zero, forces the right side to use specified wheelbase
and set the two XXTrack= variables to 0

e.g.

Code:
FrontWheelTrack=0.0            // If non-zero, forces the front wheels to be specified track width
RearWheelTrack=0.0             // If non-zero, forces the rear wheels to be specified track width
doing so will leave the wheels in the graphically build position. The physics files will work off the .gmt position to work out the track and it's effect on the cars performance.

AndreasFSC

1000RPM
Premium
Thank you for your help:) I have'nt started editing the wheels yet actually, they are standard Lacetti wheels. But your advices will surely help.

AndreasFSC

1000RPM
Premium
Thanks for your help:)

I think I'll need some help with the engine etc. later.
Last week I red your answer to 'How to make existing cars stand alone', and decided to try it myself:)

Attachments

Top Bottom