SubStanding

Apps SubStanding 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Didn't also @Esotic make his own version with that included already? https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/streaming-sweet.33108/

Just create miniskins beforehand with that CM preset.
In python code its basically same as
ac.getCarName(carID)
but undocumented:
skinname = ac.getCarSkin(carID)
(sim_info.py has it too: static.carSkin)
That app has definitely a different focus though. I guess for streaming the "SubStanding (Extended)" is not optimal as a lot of things are hardcoded to be from the perspective of the actual driver and not the selected view. So make it "stream/caster ready" would be even more effort.

Last edited:
I use the basic position windows of substanding (Global position and Class position) in multiclass races a lot, but i found manually managing the classes.ini file a bit tedious.

View attachment 474958

So i wrote a small batch file that auto creates classes in the format needed for substanding's classes.ini file. Personally i have already tagged most of the cars with the correct class using the hastag tag variant. So for example all GT3 cars would have the "#GT3" tag applied to them in CM.

The batch file is pretty basic, but it does its job for me. Here's the workflow:
Installation: Copy both the batch file and the sample.txt in the \cars\ subfolder of AC.
1. Change the search string in the sample.txt file to whatever class you want the batch file to search - and create a class list for.
2. Run the batch file. It will look for the contents of sample.txt in every single ui_car.json in every subfolder.
3. It will generate and open a result.txt file with all car folder names that it found already put in a format compatible with substanding. Just add a class name to the top of the file, so replace [ Class] with [GT3 Class] or [LMP1 Class] for example, and you're good to go.
4. Copy the entire contents of result.txt over to the classes.ini file in \apps\python\SubStanding\SubStanding_classes\
5. Repeat for as many classes as you want substanding to recognize.

It's a simple tool tbh. and by no means perfect, but i thought it might help other users that still use substanding, especially when it comes to multiclass races.
wow man, thank you, this helped me a ton!

How to fix it? Displayed out of order.
загружено.png

Hi, i followed the guides but I am still lost. Among other things, I am trying to run two different groups of GTE's. I separated them into GTE-Pro 2 and GTE-Pro 3 (3 being faster than 2). I put them in the classes doc, put the appropriate tags in, etc. I am still getting cars not classified in the classes despite putting them in the classes doc and tags.

I absolutely love the app when things are right, but lately (past couple of days) it feels like i am ripping my hair out. Again, great app, I may just need help in the right direction.

There is an overhauled version inside this package:

There is an overhauled version inside this package:
Substanding is not in the Streaming? Sweet! package, but there is an updated Substanding made by another guy. https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/substanding-extended.51973/

Hey, lovely app, honestly should've been a stock app. So far though I've encountered one problem regarding classes: these cars (red bar) dont show up, its like they dont exist. Any other car works just fine ("custom class" or default class), they show in the class standings.
Any idea on what could be the problem? the capital letters? They're the name of the cars's files tho...

Update: the problem was in fact the capital letters so i just replaced them with normal letters and it works just fine

Attachments

• image (21).png
    image (21).png
    10.3 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements