rF2 Studio 397 LMP2 & GTE @ Silverstone - Fri 05Oct18

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Can I ask what sort of lap time would you anticipate in GTE cars around Silverstone? Just trying to figure out how far off the pace I would be :)

Just would like to be able to hang on at least :)
We're not supposed to discuss laptimes on club race threads to not discourage people from joining, that's why nobody is giving you a straight answer. But again, and speaking as someone who more often than not finds himself further down the grid - don't worry about it. Club races are not about laptimes anyway, they're about having fun. And you're quite likely to find someone to race with on your skill level, especially in these big races with plenty of cars and drivers, there's usually a nice spread of laptimes/skill levels throughout the field.

We're not supposed to discuss laptimes on club race threads to not discourage people from joining, that's why nobody is giving you a straight answer. But again, and speaking as someone who more often than not finds himself further down the grid - don't worry about it. Club races are not about laptimes anyway, they're about having fun. And you're quite likely to find someone to race with on your skill level, especially in these big races with plenty of cars and drivers, there's usually a nice spread of laptimes/skill levels throughout the field.
OK. Please can @Daiman Patel sign me up in an LMP2.
Kind regards
Encouraged

Just would like to be able to hang on at least :)
You have beaten me to it once again @Martin Fiala! :laugh:

@Pav997, as @Martin Fiala has already said, lap times are not posted in club event threads because they could potentially deter people from participating in a race. It is for this reason that we also do not provide live timing for these events.

I would not worry too much about "falling behind" or "being slow". :rolleyes: The point of these events is to enjoy yourself, and they can also be used as a means to improve your skills! I regularly find myself towards the back of the pack, and expect to be lapped pretty much every week, but I am always learning (even after ~8 years) and still have fun, which is the most important thing in my opinion!

Once again going back to what @Martin Fiala has said, you will be bound to find somebody else at the same skill level and with the same pace as you - we always see drivers with varying abilities take part in these races - so I do not expect you to be alone.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back