rF2 Studio 397 LMP2 & GTE @ Silverstone - Fri 05Oct18

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Are we splitting the Qualy again, rolling start speed, gap between classes and general behavior between gte/lmp when overtaking. There is a decent % of new drivers every other week, we need stable rule sets and this has to be pinned to the very first post.

Sing me in please with LPM2, thanks
I shall add you to the list! :thumbsup:

Sadly will have to sign out ..been informed that I will loose my connection for 15 mins between 7 pm - 10 pm ...hope you all have a good one.
Would you like me to leave you as a "maybe", just in case you are still able to join us? :rolleyes: Remember that qualifying doesn't start until ~20:20 BST, and the race will not commence before ~20:55 BST; you can join the server at any point before the start of the race session.

Are we splitting the Qualy again, rolling start speed, gap between classes and general behavior between gte/lmp when overtaking. There is a decent % of new drivers every other week, we need stable rule sets and this has to be pinned to the very first post.
I would be more than happy to include this information in the opening post, especially the rules and guidance for overtaking and lapping, but there are two reasons why I have not done this already.

Firstly, I would like to reiterate and stress that these events are for fun, and should be enjoyed by drivers of all abilities - rookies should be mindful of experienced drivers, and equally veterans should be patient with new drivers. There should be a mutual respect and understanding, we should be willing to help one another, and ultimately everyone should have a good time when participating in these races. By explicitly adding more rules I fear that we are losing this sense of fun, and the relaxed attitude that I expect to see in club races. There is already quite a bit to remember, which can be quite daunting in particular to new drivers who might be overwhelmed by all of this information, and this could potentially deter people from taking part in races. I speak from experience when I say that this has happened before - the first few events were popular, but this popularity diminished very quickly partly because of all the rules. It was almost like running a league, and people were put of from racing in this environment when all they really wanted to do was participate in a club event. It is for this reason that I have kept much of this information out of the opening post, but I do mention the relevant bits and bobs via TeamSpeak on a weekly basis - to me this seems like a better way of passing on the information because it allows me to convey tone, which is very important in my opinion (written rules could potentially sound harsh and strict, and therefore intimidating). Another advantage of making these announcements via TeamSpeak, at the time of the event, is that it ensures the information is fresh in people's minds.

This brings me on to my second reason for not including this information in the opening post. Almost every week I am asked the same questions by different drivers - how long is the race, is there are warm up session, will there be a formation lap, etc. - which makes me wonder how many people actually read the first post, where all of this information is already available. This is not a criticism, merely an observation; I will admit that I have also been guilty of not reading all of the details in opening posts of event threads on several occasions... :whistling: And I know that I will only be repeating whatever information I include in the opening post via TeamSpeak, during the event.

However, as I have said, I am willing to including this additional information in the opening post, especially for these multi-class events, as it will be helpful and provide clarity for new and experienced drivers alike.

ANNOUNCEMENT

The following 'Additional Information' has been added to the opening post...
  • Qualifying shall be split into 2 x 10 minute sessions, one for each class - the GTE class will qualify first, followed by the LMP2 class. Drivers will be informed by the administator, via TeamSpeak, when they can leave their garages.
  • During the formation lap drivers must keep their speed below 120 km/h (75 mph)at all times. You will be told by the administrator, via TeamSpeak, if the maximum formation lap speed will be reduced, which may be necessary on certain, especially narrow or technical tracks. Once rFactor 2 shows a green flag then you may start racing.
  • Race starts will be double file, and you will be told by the administrator, via TeamSpeak, when during the formation lap to line up in double file. If the track is narrow or technical then a decision will be made to switch to a single file start - once again you will be informed of the decision by the administrator, via TeamSpeak.
  • General rules for overtaking and lapping are as follows - the faster car (LMP2) is responsible for initiating and safely completing an overtake, and the slower car (GTE) should remain on the racing line and behave predictably when being lapped by a car from the quicker class. GTE cars can, if they wish or if necessary, lift off the throttle to aid a pass by an LMP2 car (and to avoid a potential accident) only once an overtaking move has been initiated. LMP2 cars should only initiate overtaking moves at the exit of a corner and along a straight; overtaking on entry to or midway around a corner should be avoided (to prevent incidents from occurring) but is not forbidden.

I shall add you to the list! :thumbsup:

Would you like me to leave you as a "maybe", just in case you are still able to join us? :rolleyes: Remember that qualifying doesn't start until ~20:20 BST, and the race will not commence before ~20:55 BST; you can join the server at any point before the start of the race session.

That is very nice of you ..please yes, but keep pushing me back as and when needed ..If I manage to get a drive, I am really not fussy either GTE or LMP.

Sing me out Daiman please.
I'm evening shift today and I'll be back to morning tomorrow.
Really sorry to miss this great event!
Have good race everyone !
Sorry I won’t make it as I’ll need to leave home quite early in the morning to go to Suzuka for JapaneseGP:rolleyes: I was completely forgetting about it!!
I am sorry to hear that you will not be able to join us this evening. :( I hope that you both enjoy your respective weekends, and we shall see you next time. :thumbsup: I have removed you from the list.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 351 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 487 39.1%