rF2 Studio 397 GT3 @ Watkins Glen - Sat 22 Sep18

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Did you try the suggestion that I made yesterday, in this post? Uninstalling the server mod via the 'Content Manager' in the rFactor 2 launcher, and deleting the '.rfmod' file (this can be found in the '<rF2_install>\Packages' directory) before attempting to join the server again worked for me and several others yesterday.

Indeed I did and it worked for the Datsun 510 event, so for that I thank you :thumbsup:

The fact that people have been able to successfully join the servers (with or without any issues) suggests this is an intermittent and unpredictable issue that is not the result of any "setting". There is no reason why any "setting" would cause this behaviour.

That is because they had the "old version" of the track installed ..the same version that was on the server ..they will all need to now update, unless it will do it automatically through steam, of course ;)

That being said, I have recreated the server mod (now with the updated version of the game) and restarted the server, so hopefully the problem has been resolved.

I am now able to connect with no issues, since you have updated the server, so again I thank you for this :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Indeed I did and it worked for the Datsun 510 event, so for that I thank you :thumbsup:
I'm glad to hear that the workaround allowed you to successfully join the 'DATSUN' server. :thumbsup: Out of curiosity, did you also try this method when attempting to join the 'GT3' server, or did it not work? :rolleyes:

That is because they had the "old version" of the track installed ..the one on the server ..they will all need to now update ;)
Anyone who had the previous version of Watkins Glen International (v1.0) installed would definitely not have been able to join the server, which has been using the latest version (v1.2) since it was setup yesterday afternoon. :p I only downloaded the track yesterday, directly from the Steam Workshop, immediately prior to setting up the server, so it could only have been the latest version. In addition I verified the version when creating the server mod, and again when attempting to join the server myself because I was shown a "package not found" error as a result of not having the track installed. :whistling:

I am now able to connect with no issues, since you have updated the server, so again I thank you for this :thumbsup:
I think the reason why you can now connect without any issues is because I have recreated the server mod with the updated version of the game; I initially created the '.rfmod' file yesterday before updating the server install, and I reused the server mod after performing the update. The problem that has been reported is one I have experienced in the past, but unfortunately I am not sure why it occurs... :O_o: What I do know, however, is that recreating the '.rfmod' after installing the update and restarting the server was seemingly enough to resolve the issue. So hopefully there are now no further occurrences of this error - from what I can see it's looking good at the moment. :geek:

Sign me up, gonna try the Bentley this time.
Man some of these curbs are to strong, my wheel is clipping and rattling even at 20%, maybe i have to run without feedback to protect wheel :thumbsup: Also zero track rules again.
Oh well could be worse the friday phillip island track looks and feels like a conversation from 15 years ago, the things we have to deal with in rf2 ...:roflmao:
Sign me up please
Please sign me up
Stephen, I am now able to connect, so please sign me up :thumbsup:
You have all been added to the list! :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back