SR Hardware | Official Support Thread

Brian Clancy

Premium
First of all, I would like to thank Racedepartment for allowing us this forum and for their kind help.

Simracinghardware.com or SR Hardware is a new company making cutting edge hardware utilising the very best technology, designs and materials along with skilled hand finishing to make truly special products. But more than this, we aim to provide approachable, quality customer service to back up our products.

dominator1.jpg

Our partners list include Symprojects (we are the only official Symprojects fixture manufacturer) ARC-Team, GT Omega Race Simulators, Simracn wheels and more!
We are also soon to provide other products from numerous manufacturers and a D.I.Y. builders parts shop as well as a wide range of fully built and kit form products of our own. We aim to use this forum to give product support to customers and to help answer questions about our products.

2Fana1.jpg eliminator.jpg
Monsta1.jpg GI-Max3.jpg

Thank you :)

SRHsmall.png

Attachments

• SRHsmall.jpg
    SRHsmall.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 436
Right, small review of the MBB2.

Design/communication:
I asked Brian to design me a box that had 12 buttons and 2 rotary switches. The switches were included in the design for one reason; adjustability. I wanted to be able to cycle through the in-game settings AND adjust them on the fly while racing without having to look down at the box.
Button distance between each was designed with labels in mind so you can use a DYMO to creates labels and sticker them to the box above or below each button. The spacing was made big enough for the use of fairly large DYMO lettering. The button colors were chosen by SRH and suits me just fine.
Functionality was the key word in this and I'm happy to report that has been achieved.
After this was done I were re-directed to Bill Crossland who handled all further communication. Both Brian and Bill have been a joy to communicate with - quick response and kept me up to date with progress.

Construction:
The casing is black plastic with carbon look sticker (with SRH logo) on top and a clear acrylic plate to finish it all off. The buttons are large, firm, easy and precise to use. Much un-like the Logitech wheel buttons, Logitech owners know what I'm on about.
The switches can be described the same and also features a push-button function. The push-button function wasnt really something I needed but rfactor defaulted them as gear up and gear down. I've left that function as is as its good to have a spare gear selection function if the wheel paddles fail during a race.
Exiting the casing on one of the sides is the USB cable. The hole in the case where the cable goes through has been fitted with a rubber grommet to insure the hole dosent chew through the cable insulation with time.
The box comes with 4 12mm button head Phillips screws for hardmounting. The box only weighs a few hundred grams so I've mounted it with some high-quality velcro instead, makes it easier to mount/dismount.
I do have one minor gripe with the construction and thats the casing. The plastic used feels cheap and when squeezing it near the acrylic plate it flexes quite a bit. I had expected something a little more sturdy in this area. it dosent affect the functionality though.

Usage:
Setting up the box was very straight-forward. Plug it in and let Windows do the rest. 10 secs later and it was good to go.
Using it ingame is easy which was the intent right from the start. Scrolling around the menus and making adjustments is miles better and safer than having to use the keyboard. You dont have to look and reach for it, you just move your hand down and feel your way around, keeping your eyes on the screen.

Price:
Is it worth the £120 ($187) price tag? Throw in a more sturdy casing, then yes. £100-105 would be more reasonable with the current casing material.
One thing I'd like to note here is that the money was drawn from my account before the box was complete and shipped out. This is illigal procedure in Denmark, but I dont know if thats the case in the UK aswell. Normally I'd be fairly upset with this, but due to Paypal and great communication with both Brian and Bill, it didnt concern me too much. If this is a concern to you, I'm sure you could work something out with the guys to your satisfaction.

Verdict:
Highly recommendable. Custom design with emphasis on functionality, good quality, great communication and decent price tag.
I'm well pleased :)

Upvote 0
Glad your pleased with it Jan :)

Paypal normally takes the money upon placing the order, thats fairly standard here, most items are in stock ready for despatch (unless stated or a custom job). The boxes we use are some of the most expensive, the issue is thats its just not feasible to have boxes made to our spec for the very small volumes we make, so we have to use whats available in the needed sizes :( We will look again to see if something better is available :)

Upvote 0
Something like a foam/rubber combo then? I sold an Ecci years ago which had an alcantara formula rim on it and the alcantara requires gloves to grip properly and it also wears out fast, which is why I was asking :)

Also, all the lights (shifts, LED), is it possible to turn the brightness of them down? They're a bit sharp on the video :)

Upvote 0
Hi

The site will be down for a days due to some technical issues and some planned improvements. We will still be answering questions here and will keep things updated on Facebook and Twitter @SimRacingHW

Upvote 0

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • More leagues

Votes: 16 22.9%
  • Prizes

Votes: 15 21.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Forum trophies