SR Hardware | Official Support Thread

Brian Clancy

Premium
First of all, I would like to thank Racedepartment for allowing us this forum and for their kind help.

Simracinghardware.com or SR Hardware is a new company making cutting edge hardware utilising the very best technology, designs and materials along with skilled hand finishing to make truly special products. But more than this, we aim to provide approachable, quality customer service to back up our products.

dominator1.jpg

Our partners list include Symprojects (we are the only official Symprojects fixture manufacturer) ARC-Team, GT Omega Race Simulators, Simracn wheels and more!
We are also soon to provide other products from numerous manufacturers and a D.I.Y. builders parts shop as well as a wide range of fully built and kit form products of our own. We aim to use this forum to give product support to customers and to help answer questions about our products.

2Fana1.jpg eliminator.jpg
Monsta1.jpg GI-Max3.jpg

Thank you :)

SRHsmall.png

Attachments

• SRHsmall.jpg
    SRHsmall.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 427
Actually Brian, I was thinking of the same thing, maybe a combination of 'screw-in' -female socketwhere the T500 F1 rim can be screwed in to this socket and in at the other end is a 70mm patern like this -> http://simracinghardware.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=29&Itemid=28
could be a nice simple solution, without the electronic bits. - just pure mounting bracket.
That would be a step in the right direction hwangm, but would it then be possible to get any of the switches working?

Upvote 0
Hi,
could you please tell me, regarding the G27 wheel plate (both the full version with SLI, and the smaller GT version), are the buttons already pre-wired? i.e. is it just a case of plugging in a usb and the keys are available for assigning in any race sim?
Do these plates come with a usb cable or would I need to buy one seperately?
Do the original buttons on the G27 continue to work?

Sorry they are pretty basic quesitons, but this is not clear on the website. I'm still shopping for a wheel and looking for the best value combination of wheel and buttons :)

Many thanks

Upvote 0
Hi

The GT plate comes fully assembled and ready to use including software, simply install the software and plug the unit in (We dont supply a USB lead as people want so many lengths etc).

The 'Full' SLI version comes the same as the GT, fully wired up and ready to go (again no USB lead) but for the Bodnar SLI-Pro and SLI-M you need to buy the software from E.K. Simracing (please note its not our software). The Pro-race SLI display (our unit) does come complete with software.

Hope that helps, if you need any more info please contact me direct here: brian.clancy@simracinghardware.com

Cheers

Brian

Upvote 0
It displays 3 less digits as its a 1+3+6 digit layout and the SLI-Pro 1+6+6 layout (in actual use it has very little impact as only times require 6 digits and few people want to display two lots of timings simultaneously) Our unit comes with free software that we support fully as its our own and the SLI-Pro you have to purchase and use E.K. simracing's SLI-Max Manager software (that we can only offer limited support with as its not ours)

Upvote 0
My recent 50th birthday present was a G27 and a Pro-Race wheel plate from SR Hardware. These fantastic pieces of kit inspired me to finally build a DIY race rig. I did it pretty cheaply, out of 2.5" x 1.5" (63mm x 38mm) planed timber that was on sale at B&Q. It's a soft wood, but should be fine for the purpose. I spent about £100 on wood, paint and fixings, and I already had a race seat on an office chair mounting, so I removed its wheel base & fixed that to my home made base and also put in some seat runners bought off EBay.

IMGP5275small.jpg

I just want to say thanks to Brian of SR Hardware for the great support and service, and wanted to show off my effort! It's not quite finished but you get the idea.

The box on the left is a blank aluminium box covered in carbon fibre vinyl, below I have added the buttons.

IMGP527875.jpg

Plenty of buttons, to save me constantly reaching over to the keyboard!
The button box is still empty, but I will use a joystick controller to wire them to a USB.
The last two pictures show the frame during construction and half painted, and also with a speaker mount at the rear.
IMGP525840.jpg
IMGP525941.jpg

Attachments

• IMGP527550.jpg
    IMGP527550.jpg
    222 KB · Views: 643
Upvote 0
Really glad your pleased with it Keith :D

The rig looks great, but be warned, you have started and it never ends now LOL! The mods, improvments and better kit will always be round the corner hehehehe! Have fun :)

Upvote 0
Hello everyone I just like to say I am new here and been lurking around the past day or so.

I recently brought ets 2 (euro truck simulator 2) and was looking to enhance my experience by purchasing a steering wheel and pedals.

I would like a good wheel and pedal from £0 to £200 the cheaper the better :). I would like a wheel that is good for rfactor 2 as well as I am looking to buy this game when I get a decent wheel.

Thanks Luke

I apologise in advance if this is the wrong area.

Upvote 0
I think it should be in the Sim Racing Hardware section but I'm not sure.

To answer your question, I think for that price you could get a used Logitech G27 if you're lucky, they are a good wheel and pedal set.

If you want to buy new you could get the Logitech Driving Force GT, I've only heard good things about the wheel but most people aren't impressed with the pedals as they are plastic. You could get the Driving Force GT then if you want to upgrade the pedals you could get Fanatec Clubsport pedals for around £100.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
Glad you like it Keith, i have a very similar wheel plate to you, iv'e had it for the past 14 months now i think, and it works flawlessly.

The Support & Overall Product is easily 5 stars, couldn't have asked for a better service!

Brian is right tho, you'll never stop with your setup lol, what turned out for me with a wheel & then a wheel plate, has now turned into a racing seat with 3 screens & im always adjusting or adding.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 323 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 223 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 217 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.9%
  • < 5 years