FM4 Sports Car World Cup S1

Forza Motorsport 4 (Turn 10 Studios)
Welcome to the Sports Car World Cup, this is for licensed members only and will follow the official RD rules.​
Race Day:
Wednesdays​
Cars:
Alfa 8C​
Aston Martin V12 Vanquish, DB9 Coupe, DBS, V12 Vantage​
Audi R8, TT RS Coupe, S5​
Bentley Continental GT, Contenantal Supersports​
BMW M3 Coupe, M6 Coupe​
Cadillac CTS-V Coupe​
Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2002, Grand Sport, Z06 2006,​
Dodge Viper GTS ACR, SRT-10​
Ferrari F355, California, 575M, GTO, 612, F355 Challenge, 360, F430​
Ford GT​
Honda NSX-R​
Jaguar XKR-S​
Lotus Exige Cup, Evora​
Mercedes SLK 55 AMG, CL 65 AMG, SL 65 AMG Black​
Morgan Aero Supersorts​
Nissan 370Z, Skyline GT-R V-Spec,​
Panoz Esperante GTLM​
Spyker C8​
Tesla Roadster​
TVR Tuscan S, Sagaris​
Assists:
TCS (Traction control system): Banned​
ABS (Anti-lock braking): Banned​
STM (Stability Management): Banned​
Racing/brake line: Allowed​
Gearbox: Auto, Manual, Manual with Clutch: Allowed​
Upgrades: Up to A600​
Setup: Allowed​
Info
  • Full damage will be utilised.
  • Each race event will be either 2 heats, with 10 laps each heat or a 20 lap endurance event inc Manditory Pitstop.
  • Heat 1 Normal grid (random).
  • Heat 2 reverse grid.
  • It will auto load Heat 2.
  • Timeout will be set to 2 minutes after the first person has crossed the line.
  • Teams will be allowed. (It will be the case of picking another driver to make the team up and I will do the points after the race).
  • Lobby will open at 8.15pm (UK Time) to allow for any connection issues.
  • This will be open to all Licensed Members.
  • If you are not connected by the race start time, you will not be able to race. If you get disconnected during the race, you will miss the race, unless everyone disconnects.
2nd 8​
3rd 6​
4th 5​
5th 4​
6th 3​
7th 2​
8th 1​
Fastest lap 1​
Race Calendar
AISA​
Suzuka Grand Prix​
20 Laps​
8.30pm (UK Time)​
Tsukuba Full​
2 Heats, 10 Laps each​
8.30pm (UK Time)​
Montegi Full​
20 Laps​
8.30pm, (UK Time)​
NORTH AMERICA​
Road Atlanta Full​
2 Heats, 10 Laps each​
8.30pm (UK Time)​
Sebring Full​
20 Laps​
8.30pm (UK Time)​
Sunset Peninsula​
2 Heats, 10 Laps each​
8.30pm (UK Time)​
Laguna Seca​
20 Laps​
8.30pm (UK Time)​
EUROPE​
Nurburgring Grand Prix Full​
20 Laps​
8.30pm (UK Time)​
Mugello Full​
2 Heats, 10 Laps each​
8.30 (UK Time)​
Silverstone GP​
10 laps plus 15 laps manditory pit​
8.30pm (UK Time)​
How do I signup?
Please use the following template​
Name on RD:​
Gamertag:​
Race Colours: (Pick 2 colours, a 3rd colour is optional) (See signed up colours first)​
Race Number: (No higher than 99) (See signed up and reserved numbers first)​
Team Name: (This is only applicable if you have a team)​
Team Drivers: (This is only applicable if you have a team)​
If you have a team, each driver will need to post.​
There is a maximum of 2 drivers per team.​
Reserved Numbers
Ryan Daniels/5​
Ash Kendall/11​
Daz Webb/19​
Tom Moreno/21​
Dan Smith/23​
Stefan Liversidge/32​
Alex Townsend/34​
Garry Pullen/39​
Peter Cosgrave/42​
Karl Raper/57​
Wayne Thomas/63​
Paulo Ribeiro/66​
Steve Freeman/69​
Chris Bell/76​
Dan Lathan/88​
Krzysztof Lipczynski/99​
Joe Lund – Number: 3​
Paul Armstrong – Number: 04​
Jack Evans – Number: 6​
Dylan Hember – Number: 7​
Derek McCord – Number: 14​
Andrew Skinner – Number: 22​
Matt Smaith – Number: 45​

Confirmed Drivers
Chris Bell/Bellmond570
Wayne Thomas/Defythemachine
Mark Greenall/Marksman669
Dan Smith/Mysticviibrosis
Andrew Skinner/Andtidus
Steve Freeman/Freakster69
Paulo Ribeiro/Pribeiro66
Krzysztof Lipczynski/LKRISS22
Karl Raper/ xxKarlosxx

So are we banning Exiges in the last race? how about chucking everyone in any car that hasn't been used so far in the series. So the choices are

Cars:
Alfa 8C
Aston Martin V12 Vanquish, DB9 Coupe, DBS, V12 Vantage
Audi TT RS Coupe, S5
Bentley Continental GT, Contenantal Supersports
BMW M3 Coupe, M6 Coupe
Cadillac CTS-V Coupe
Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2002, Grand Sport, Z06 2006,
Dodge Viper GTS ACR, SRT
Jaguar XKR-S
Mercedes SLK 55 AMG, CL 65 AMG, SL 65 AMG Black
Morgan Aero Supersorts
Nissan 370Z, Skyline GT-R V-Spec,
Panoz Esperante GTLM
Spyker C8
TVR Tuscan S, Sagaris

Just for a bit of fun ...... And have two heats not one 20 lapper ........ Just an idea ......

Two fantastic races tonight. Made a stupid error in race one, putting me behind Paulo. Unfortunately, his rocket fuel-powered straight line speed made it impossible to make a pass stick.

Had an amazing start to race two, even managing to put in a few personal best laptimes. Obviously nothing compared to the Exiges, but I felt I was keeping Chris honest for a fair few laps before I couldn't keep the pace up anymore. Made far too many mistakes after the pitstop and starting losing my lead to Stefan, but thankfully managed to keep it together long enough to finish ahead of him.

Just had a quick look at the replays, and there was some absolutely fantastic racing between Stefan and Steve in both races. Very clean and very sensible, but still aggressive enough to make moves stick. Lovely.

Speaking of replays, does anyone else have an issue with the replays showing gearbox damage that didn't show during the race? According the the replay I never let off the gas when using the clutch and I had 40% on lap two! From my memory, I had about 4% by the time I made my pitstop about lap 10! The engine noise is horrific, too.

Ash, Brad and Wayne made my night yesterday. Great race guys. ;)

I was hit on the first lap of both races and on both situations came back on track on last places.
Watching the replay, it's obvious that the hits were unintentional and the drivers (driving in cockpit view)
couldn't see me. Would be nice if TURN10 change the contact physics. A slighty touch it's like being hit
by a Space Shuttle.
Anyway, tried to recover but the dark side cavalary went away too fast.
For speaking in fast, man... that front straight could have one more mile. :cool: That vrrrrroum GT engine was a blast.
The fun factor was always present thanks to the battles with the guys above.
On the twisted sectors I was sweating and tense, when I exit the last corner, I came relax, put the right foot down,
changed gear box with right hand and left hand grab my whisky glass and had a couple of drops. Up, up and away.....:D
Then after first corner, the mighty dark forces (NSX and Lotus) began the full attack again. Great fun. :)
Both races I finished 1 milimiter behind the car in front. :rolleyes:
Didn't the Italian government ordered to put finish line 10 feet forward? :D

Well done podium and all finishers.

Cheers

Well, it was interesting for me!

really dont get on with the Exige, maybe because the last week has all been driven with FF cars!?!

struggled immensely whilst in race one, did a little better and improved my lap time by 8 seconds in race two, but far too many mistakes.

Need to apologise to Chris Bell, hit him on the first lap in race 2, sorry! I was having people pass me on all sides and was coming to the corner and then tried to brake but I couldn't stop myself!

out of curiosity I did try the Ferrari straight after and managed a very similar time but was not sliding all over the place, I know it will be more of a flaw in my driving than the car, but at this early stage im probably best driving what is comfortable as opposed to what is fast!

Thanks again for the invite, would be happy to join in the next race if there is room! I will be trying one of those cars above that nobody else has driven (may aswell! lol).

There will be room Ry!! Dont worry about the nudge, was a manic first lap in both races last night!! Think thts just the way it is at mugello!!

Ok, will put my name down once i see a thread popping up, you Forza guys have pretty much ruined my F1 practice this week, there's been something more or less every day to do/get involved in!

great stuff! hopefully I will begin to get better in the future!

Fantastic racing again last night guys

Race 1 got a good start, abttling at the front with the exiges and dan, inevitably they got past! but i was very please that i managed to hold on to the group for a good few laps while having a massive battle with Steve!, one slight mistake and he was trough, after that TBH i was knackered! lol so i settled down to putting a few laps in.

Race 2 got a great start but then got a bit squeezed out in the first corner, so dropped quite far back. But I was with Steve again :) we had an amaizing battle for a number of laps, fantastic, clean and fair racing mate well done, but again - one slight mistake and he was through. I then again got on with some laps and was putting in some of my best laps - having no idea exactly where i actually was interms of true position. I pitted at the end of lap 10, where i found ash, which was a suprise to me! After the pits i resumed my good pace, catching ash all th etime, but he was quick enough to keep infront of me.

Great racing guys, can't wait to get onto Spain, should be great :)

PS. I dont whant to swap my car - I want one last blast in the beast, got her handling like a dream now :)

Yeah, not sure we need to change everything as a final race send off. It's been a great championship as it is, I don't think I'd want to change anything just for the final race.

It's not like levelling the field out will make much difference now!

its not that the exige is fast, its just damn nice to drive, especially when its nice to drive because i spent the time to get it setup properly, cos its a bloody nightmare stock.

Glad you're enjoying the car.
It's a better car than the Evora and Tesla for sure when it comes to racing. Lighter, so better accel than Evora and later braking than the Tesla.thats my humble opinion. I have always tested the Exige vs Evora and Tesla and without fail have always set my best time in the Exige.
However, as I've said elsewhere in this series, I made my choices and have stuck with them. Way back at R1 when I saw the array of Exiges and NSX i jumped into something different just to mix up the grid, no regrets, just always feel that CHANGE IS GOOD, just ask Darwin. :)

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 37 84.1%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 15 34.1%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 15 34.1%