Special Stage Route 5 Beta

Tracks Special Stage Route 5 Beta 0.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
OK, well perhaps I got a little to excited last night about this track working well with CSP 1.74. Actually it does. But the CSP 1.74 does major strange stuff to my computer, like sticking the task bar in the middle of my desktop and freezing it there. After changing back to CSP 1.70 it returns to the bottom of the screen. I see 1.74 has not been tested. I tested it, and its no bueno. I've returned to the old version and Vestchappa's version. It's also very good. Happy driving.

Not cool to provide a track, working only with some specifics version of CSP.
I have an issue and all newest version of 0.1.60 are buggy for me (rain and wiper doesn't work !)
Could you procide a version working with 0.1.60 please ?
The modding community is moving away from 0.1.60 (the last "stable" version), and focusing on update 0.1.74, due to some profound physics updates that have been made.
New mods not working with 0.1.60 is going to be increasingly common going forward, and you should probably consider updating CSP to make life easier.

The AI could do with some work. I tried a couple of races, one with the "Super GP" mod and another with RSS's F3, and it was just total chaos at the starts. Turn 1, turn 4 and turns 8/9 were the worst offenders as the AI would frequently clip the inside walls.
Yeah I'm aware of the ai issue. Still trying to figure out the ai line as my initial assumption was to create a racing line for AI to follow but the racing line gave me this result. That'll be addressed in the future update.

I cannot say for certain, as im not sure how to make it compatible.
That's a shame cause I really liked your tracks as I'm sure every one else does also. Maybe whoever created the CSP 1.74 file can improve on it. I don't know anything about that stuff, but that's where I would go. You guys are all the geniuses. I'm just a motorcycle mechanic.

CaptainLykaios updated Special Stage Route 5 Beta with a new update entry:

Special Stage Route 5 V0.2

Main aspects of v0.2
- Changes to the width of the tracks as well as elevation changes to bring it closer to the GT version
- U-turn and chicane brake markers have been updated
- Pit trucks have been updated to contact with the ground
- Track Markings have been improved on the last corner of the main layout
- Improvement to the way AI behaves, its not perfect but can't find a full fix for the AI

v0.3 plan
- Track markings for the Pitlane
- Fix all the contacts points and clipping issue...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Slowly but steadily this mod is improving, and the final result will be excellent.

The AI issue can be down to this.
If you are using Content Manager, head over to New AI behaviour, and disable both "Extra options for AI spline"
Make sure in the AI folder you ONLY have fast_lane.ai and pit_lane.ai. Delete everything else. The 3 generated files create all sort of weird things.
Now enter a session holding shift. And the new AI will load and stay there every time you open the track in the future (without the need of holding shift)

Finally. The track not found issue could be down to the fact none of the kn5 files are named like the track folder name. Take the buildings.kn5, rename it special_stage_route_5.kn5 (change the name too in the models.ini). I tested this with CSP 0.1.60 and it loaded fine

@CaptainLykaios Expanding on AI, noticed 2 extra things that can be changed.

When recording the pit lane file, start that recording from the second to last turn up to Turn 2 more or less, not the entire lap

Also check this for the side borders: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ai-line-helper.16016/. This allows you to better define the side borders of the track (Think of it as the line that the AI thinks is off track. It is very useful to use this as it allows you to guide the AI better. For example if they are hitting the wall at some point, make the hint go a bit further from the wall at that point and the AI will leave a bigger gap

Last edited:
I don't find any differences with respect to the previous build. The width of the track remains the same, it is quite annoying that you cannot drive on the yellow lines, since you cannot take advantage of the full width of the circuit.

I don't find any differences with respect to the previous build. The width of the track remains the same, it is quite annoying that you cannot drive on the yellow lines, since you cannot take advantage of the full width of the circuit.
The elevations have been reduced by around 10% and width of the track has been reduced by 5%. This is brings it inline with the width on Gran Turismo 4 track judged more or less how the cars fit between the lines. And the yellow lines are to be treated as run off areas rather than part of the actual track, otherwise the track is too wide.

Slowly but steadily this mod is improving, and the final result will be excellent.

The AI issue can be down to this.
If you are using Content Manager, head over to New AI behaviour, and disable both "Extra options for AI spline"
Make sure in the AI folder you ONLY have fast_lane.ai and pit_lane.ai. Delete everything else. The 3 generated files create all sort of weird things.
Now enter a session holding shift. And the new AI will load and stay there every time you open the track in the future (without the need of holding shift)

Finally. The track not found issue could be down to the fact none of the kn5 files are named like the track folder name. Take the buildings.kn5, rename it special_stage_route_5.kn5 (change the name too in the models.ini). I tested this with CSP 0.1.60 and it loaded fine
Thank you so much for your help with the track not found issue I could not narrow it down at all and thank you massively for the help with the AI. Next update I'll give it a shot and hopefully the AI will be fixed.

Few updates on the progress of the race track. There have been a few changes made since the last update and it has been slow going as I have another project for AC going on at the same time, this time for someone else. But anyway here is the current list of what has been changed for 0.3 when it releases hopefully soon.

- Added Track Map
- Added Red and White barriers in sector 3,
- Added missing scenery outside turn 11
- Added second under construction building on turn 16
- Added barrier to the entrance of pitlane
- Added Road Markings to the pitlane
- Added Pit Markings at the pit entrances
- Fixed glitching barriers at turns 13,14,15.
- Fixed the positions of the lamps
- Fixed any "holes" between 3d meshes
- Fixed floating lamp poles
- Fixed Textures on the final corner of full layout

I will carry on expanding on the list and adding missed detail and fixing and tweaking current detail to make the track even better. 0.3 will focus mainly on fixing stuff that is mentioned here and hopefully versions 0.4 will focus on lighting and utilising features of CSP and sol more. Also with the help from @Offitus23 I will try and make it compatible with versions older than 1.73. So be on the look for further developments.

1642809218642.png
1642809230135.png
1642809251348.png
1642809269594.png

CaptainLykaios updated Special Stage Route 5 Beta with a new update entry:

Special Stage Route 5 v0.3

Hello everyone I have been hard at work doing two projects at the same time, I'll be posting about that project very soon as well, hence my delay however I have a major v0.3 update that has some big changes and fixes so without further ado here is the full list of changes for version 0.3

- Added Track Map
- Added Red and White barriers in sector 3,
- Added missing scenery outside turn 11
- Added second under construction building on turn 16
- Added barrier to the entrance of pitlane
- Added...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hey Captain!
I just tried the updated 0.3 version, heres' some things I noted:
  1. The current version is pretty good and enjoyable!
  2. There are some parts were collisions are a bit "dangerous". Maybe you should prevent the car from going to the oblique walls (in that case it's pretty easy to rollover)
  3. For CSP extensions (lights for instance), you should separate the material of the light lampost.
    It that case it's easy to ad emissive shaders to the lamp and light the track.
Feel free to contact me if you need help, I also have a basic CSP extension + vao patch that I could send to you.

Nice work CaptainLykaios
This track brings back some good memories for me. I've enjoyed driving it but would love to see some external camera's for the replay. Also, would love the reverse versions as in Gran Turismo. Hope you continue with this project as this is a track I've wanted to see in AC for some time.

Nice work CaptainLykaios
This track brings back some good memories for me. I've enjoyed driving it but would love to see some external camera's for the replay. Also, would love the reverse versions as in Gran Turismo. Hope you continue with this project as this is a track I've wanted to see in AC for some time.
Thank you Mart I will definitely continue working on the track, the thing I want to get most right is the night lighting to make it feel more authentic to the original track.
I'm finishing a camtool set for this track :))
Thanks CaptainLykaios for your work!
Thank you very much, it is much appreciated and thank you for your work.

Hey Captain!
I just tried the updated 0.3 version, heres' some things I noted:
  1. The current version is pretty good and enjoyable!
  2. There are some parts were collisions are a bit "dangerous". Maybe you should prevent the car from going to the oblique walls (in that case it's pretty easy to rollover)
  3. For CSP extensions (lights for instance), you should separate the material of the light lampost.
    It that case it's easy to ad emissive shaders to the lamp and light the track.
Feel free to contact me if you need help, I also have a basic CSP extension + vao patch that I could send to you.

Thanks Steel I appreciate it and thank you for the feedback, I was debating about keeping the extra danger of roll over for realism or go for gameplay instead. And the VAO patch might come in handy thanks.

The AI is now much more capable, but when I did a full weekend with ASR's 1991 mod and VRC's Formula Lithium mod, only 3 AI cars left the pits to set a lap.

Also, there's still a couple of issues with the track model - there's a gap between the walls where the Clubman and full routes separate, and some kind of glitched extra wall at the inside of the exit of turn 6/7.
Screenshot_asr_1991_footwork_fa12_special_stage_route_5_12-1-122-21-38-44.jpg

Screenshot_asr_1991_footwork_fa12_special_stage_route_5_12-1-122-21-38-49.jpg

Finally, the track model really needs some optimising. I've got an RX580, and I get between 30-50fps. The framerate really suffers at the exit of T4 and the final corner as all of the office blocks come back into view.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back