Special Stage Route 5 Beta

Tracks Special Stage Route 5 Beta 0.4

Login or Register an account to download this content

CaptainLykaios

Giga Kubica
CaptainLykaios submitted a new resource:

Special Stage Route 5 Beta 0.1 - Open Beta for the Special Stage Route 5

This is made from scratch recreation of the Special Stage Route 5 from Gran Turismo series. I have spent quite a number of hours on this project but it still does need quite a few more hours put in to make 100% perfect.

However the vast majority of the work has been done and the track is ready to be raced on and tested by the community to help me figure out quicker any number of bugs or irregularities that I may have missed while I was testing.

Here's a current list of features
Day and...

Read more about this resource...

No problem loading here.
Theres no need for having separate night & day versions with CSP, and considering each version is 1.5 gigabytes big it might make sense to merge them.

No problem loading here.
Theres no need for having separate night & day versions with CSP, and considering each version is 1.5 gigabytes big it might make sense to merge them.
Yeah I probably shouldn't have had to. I was just worried the lighting on from the street lamps will just white wash everything.

\special stage route 5.zip\content\tracks
\special stage route 5.zip\content\extension
are inside the zip.

Needs to be
\special stage route 5.zip\extension

to work correctly with the CM install I guess. /content and /extension are on the same folder level

Last edited:
are inside the zip.

Needs to be

to work correctly with the CM install I guess. /content and /extension are on the same folder level
Another option is to put the extension folder inside the track folder, but what you mention should work fine too

Last edited:
are inside the zip.

Needs to be

Whoops thats completely my bad. Thanks for spotting that I would've never guessed it. Updating the folder structure now

Whoops thats completely my bad. Thanks for spotting that I would've never guessed it. Updating the folder structure now
Zero difference, the track just won't load....

1640056865650.png

Mate ofc I have CSP, I won't be asking if I haven't.

EDIT :
Okay, found the issue.
The track only works on at least CSP version 0.1.74 and later, which is not really my preferred version since it would reset all names (track and cars) to their default names.....

Maybe can you optimize it so that it could handle at least version 0.1.73...?

Last edited:
Anyway, since we get that sorted out, time for some actual feedbacks....

I have played every iterations of this track and I'm not sure if my memory fails me, but the track is wide. Like, gigantically wide.
Screenshot_ifm_2009_special_stage_route_5_21-11-121-15-43-45_1280x720.jpg

Kinda makes certain features that made the track challenging feels rather dull, like the chicane complex here that IIRC supposed to be very tight....
Screenshot_ifm_2009_special_stage_route_5_21-11-121-15-45-57_1280x720.jpg

I don't think the switch between Clubman and Special doesn't come this early, and my god that climb on the left is very steep. Not to mention some parts of the track had ridiculously high elevation change it made the track feel too arcade-y....
Screenshot_ifm_2009_special_stage_route_5_21-11-121-15-44-40_1280x720.jpg

And some conflicting markers. Do I need to turn left or right here? Hmmm....
Screenshot_ifm_2009_special_stage_route_5_21-11-121-15-45-11_1280x720.jpg

One final thing. I am pretty sure that the track has almost no grip whatsoever. And not because of the car, I have driven this car multiple times across different tracks and I have no problem with the grip, but here the car just won't stop sliding at every single corner. I even tested with some of the most high-grip, high-downforce cars and the result is the same.

Anyway, I think that's all I can report. I will follow this track with great interest.

Mate ofc I have CSP, I won't be asking if I haven't.

EDIT :
Okay, found the issue.
The track only works on at least CSP version 0.1.74 and later, which is not really my preferred version since it would reset all names (track and cars) to their default names.....

Maybe can you optimize it so that it could handle at least version 0.1.73...?
Interesting find. Thank you for finding that out.
Anyway, since we get that sorted out, time for some actual feedbacks....

I have played every iterations of this track and I'm not sure if my memory fails me, but the track is wide. Like, gigantically wide.View attachment 526513

Kinda makes certain features that made the track challenging feels rather dull, like the chicane complex here that IIRC supposed to be very tight....
View attachment 526514

I don't think the switch between Clubman and Special doesn't come this early, and my god that climb on the left is very steep. Not to mention some parts of the track had ridiculously high elevation change it made the track feel too arcade-y....View attachment 526515

And some conflicting markers. Do I need to turn left or right here? Hmmm....
View attachment 526516

One final thing. I am pretty sure that the track has almost no grip whatsoever. And not because of the car, I have driven this car multiple times across different tracks and I have no problem with the grip, but here the car just won't stop sliding at every single corner. I even tested with some of the most high-grip, high-downforce cars and the result is the same.

Anyway, I think that's all I can report. I will follow this track with great interest.
Thank you for the feedback. It is greatly appreciated. I'm still trying to adjust the scale of the track to correspond as closely to GT4 version as possible might decrease it by a percentage or two.

The conflicting markers are just temporary textures until I get around to making a U-turn arrow and Chicane arrows as well. I decided to focus on other parts of the track and forgot about them. They will definitely be done.

And I haven't had that problem with grip. The friction co-efficient is at 0.99 in surfaces. I'll take a note of that however.

Not cool to provide a track, working only with some specifics version of CSP.
I have an issue and all newest version of 0.1.60 are buggy for me (rain and wiper doesn't work !)
Could you procide a version working with 0.1.60 please ?

Last edited:
The AI could do with some work. I tried a couple of races, one with the "Super GP" mod and another with RSS's F3, and it was just total chaos at the starts. Turn 1, turn 4 and turns 8/9 were the worst offenders as the AI would frequently clip the inside walls.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back