Special Stage Route 5 Beta

Tracks Special Stage Route 5 Beta 0.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
CaptainLykaios updated Special Stage Route 5 Beta with a new update entry:

Major Update. New Content, Major Overhaul.

It's been almost a year since I released Special Stage Route 5 as my very first introduction to Assetto Corsa track modding. Ever since I've been working on a number of projects but here is the update to the SSR5.
Here is the extensive list of what has been done to the track in from last release

New Additions

- Added Reverse Main Layout
- Added Reverse Clubman Layout
- Added Reverse Layout Brake Markers
- Added Purple Striped Road by the Hairpin under the Highway
- Added...

Read the rest of this update entry...

First of all great job already, you could count GT as my initiation to sim racing since I first played it back in 1998 and then subsequently moved on. So it holds fond memories and so does SSR5. With that said I'd like to give some feedback here.

The new update only seems to have autumn trees? Is it possible to have a version with regular green versions as well so we can chose between the two?

When entering the fast left/right kink you get confronted with these barriers all of a sudden when you stick close to the apex. They give me a scare each time but luckily there is no collision model so I don't destroy myself. Can these be removed?:

WMG5BSV.jpg

Then, the concrete surroundings and walls around the track seem very bright at night like there is some artificial light source illuminating them instead of just the lanterns. They don't seem to have any shadows affecting them:

agUMmNa.jpg

And for the buildings, all the lighted windows seem to be colored the same. So you have a building with only white lights, the other with only yellow lights and then a 3rd version with only greenish lights. It would be more immersive and realistic if there was some alteration between the windows. In real life people use different lightbulbs from room to room as well:

08zWOV3.png

Hope this helps! Can't wait to see this being worked on further so we get close to what it should look like in GT7 :D

First of all great job already, you could count GT as my initiation to sim racing since I first played it back in 1998 and then subsequently moved on. So it holds fond memories and so does SSR5. With that said I'd like to give some feedback here.

The new update only seems to have autumn trees? Is it possible to have a version with regular green versions as well so we can chose between the two?

When entering the fast left/right kink you get confronted with these barriers all of a sudden when you stick close to the apex. They give me a scare each time but luckily there is no collision model so I don't destroy myself. Can these be removed?:

WMG5BSV.jpg

Then, the concrete surroundings and walls around the track seem very bright at night like there is some artificial light source illuminating them instead of just the lanterns. They don't seem to have any shadows affecting them:

agUMmNa.jpg

And for the buildings, all the lighted windows seem to be colored the same. So you have a building with only white lights, the other with only yellow lights and then a 3rd version with only greenish lights. It would be more immersive and realistic if there was some alteration between the windows. In real life people use different lightbulbs from room to room as well:

08zWOV3.png

Hope this helps! Can't wait to see this being worked on further so we get close to what it should look like in GT7 :D
Hi the first issue with the barrier sticking out seems to only affect some people.
I would suggest a clean install since that bug is not present on my PC or computer my friend that clean installed the track.

The lighting under the Clubman route is due to there being lights above the track itself which seems to extend below the track as well. That is something I'll be looking into.

As for the buildings, unfortunately due to the way AC handles the textures it is not possible to have differing window colours on one building without having to increase the poly count of the buildings and size of the track since AC puts emissive on the entire texture. At least not a way I am aware of.

As for the green trees version, for the time being it is not a priority for me, but after the final release of the track it might be something that I add

Last edited:
Hi the first issue with the barrier sticking out seems to only affect some people.
I would suggest a clean install since that bug is not present on my PC or computer my friend that clean installed the track.
Will try that thanks for the tip.
The lighting under the Clubman route is due to there being lights above the track itself which seems to extend below the track as well. That is something I'll be looking into.
Great, yeah in general the barriers and concrete elements around the track do seem a bit overexposed.
As for the buildings, unfortunately due to the way AC handles the textures it is not possible to have differing window colours on one building without having to increase the poly count of the buildings and size of the track since AC puts emissive on the entire texture. At least not a way I am aware of.
Maybe take Shutoko as an example? They must use buildings as well that don't take too much resources (as that track is huge), and as you can see they do have different colors. Also not all of the windows are lighted which also adds to the realism:

8QKqmhs.jpg

As for the green trees version, for the time being it is not a priority for me, but after the final release of the track it might be something that I add
Good to hear! Yeah the autumn version is nice but feels a bit gimicky let's say? Would be nice to see a standard version in the future indeed.

Anyhow keep up the good work! :thumbsup:

Maybe take Shutoko as an example? They must use buildings as well that don't take too much resources (as that track is huge), and as you can see they do have different colors. Also not all of the windows are lighted which also adds to the realism:

8QKqmhs.jpg
I may have an idea on how to do that. The pattern of windows that are lit up on SSR5 is one for one replica of those lit up in GT4 variant, but that choice was done when I first decided to replicate the track one for one, but since 0.3 I have changed course to bring the track into current generation with the original feel so might be something to change.

Will try that thanks for the tip.

Do let me know if that works, if it doesn't I'll need to do some troubleshooting

Last edited:
This is easily one of the nicer versions of ssr5 but it reaaaally desperately needs the most basic of optimizations, which is to merge all objects that share a material.

The street lightbulbs, for example, are all separate objects but they should be merged together into reasonable chunks like the lights in the tunnel - similarly with adboards, buildings and lots of other objects - too many separate objects that should be merged into bigger chunks.

CSP has some optional optimizations that do this but I prefer not to rely on them as they can also mess up other tracks that were not created with these options in mind. Ideally, these kind of stuff should be done in the 3D model, not through CSP.

Object count is the main fps killer; this track is at around 3000 dips on average when a reasonable amount is around 1500.
But I also found CPU usage to be really high. Haven´t looked into that yet but the usual cause is collision walls being too high poly or just having too many separate ones and also having these be both visual and physical.

Last edited:
This is easily one of the nicer versions of ssr5 but it reaaaally desperately needs the most basic of optimizations, which is to merge all objects that share a material.

The street lightbulbs, for example, are all separate objects but they should be merged together into reasonable chunks like the lights in the tunnel - similarly with adboards, buildings and lots of other objects - too many separate objects that should be merged into bigger chunks.

CSP has some optional optimizations that do this but I prefer not to rely on them as they can also mess up other tracks that were not created with these options in mind. Ideally, these kind of stuff should be done in the 3D model, not through CSP.

Object count is the main fps killer; this track is at around 3000 dips on average when a reasonable amount is around 1500.
But I also found CPU usage to be really high. Haven´t looked into that yet but the usual cause is collision walls being too high poly or just having too many separate ones and also having these be both visual and physical.
Thank you for your kind words.
And yeah I am aware of the merging of the objects, however that is something I want to do at the final release as I am constantly tweaking the placement of various models and it is much easier when they are separate objects.

Rest assured this will be taken care of before the 1.0 release.

Also the walls collision is something that I'll sort out I believe I know which walls they are and will sort before the final release

I found this track very well made and appreciate the effort in bringing a GT classic to AC, but does anyone know why it is so demanding? On my 3080 at 4K, certain sections on SSR5 tank my FPS from a 110 cap down in to the 70s.

I found this track very well made and appreciate the effort in bringing a GT classic to AC, but does anyone know why it is so demanding? On my 3080 at 4K, certain sections on SSR5 tank my FPS from a 110 cap down in to the 70s.
Most likely the points that Mitch9 made about objects not being merged into one bigger chunk.
This will be remedied in final release of the track, but for the time being I am keeping the objects separate to make it easier for me to edit.

Thats a weird one.
Double check to see if the extensions folder included in the download are in the right place in main Assetto Corsa folder structure
I fixed it, thanks. Btw, I just do the ol drag and drop the files, and I found the cause of the issue. By dragging content folder, it went content>extension>config>tracks>ini file. When really, the extension folder shoud be separate from content folder. Going straight to extension>config>tracks>ini file. Thus putting the ini file in the correct place.

edit: Track looks beautiful by the way.

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Prizes

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 4 17.4%