AC SPECIAL: GT3 @ Nordschleife-Sun 23 Dec 2018

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Sorry for dropping out guys, just about had enough of my freaken computer, 2080, working fine all week, come race day constant stuttering, 45fps, tried turning all setting right down in q and it honestly made it worse. :mad:

Well I messed that one up! Happy with 5th in Qualy as I haven't put any time testing this week. But then stupidly decided to fill the car with fuel and go on Hard tyres. The hards were too slow, ran in 8th, upto 6th then back to 8th. My load cell started playing up constantly sticking and my times were +7 second a lap, and the car was un-driveable, which in the end on my in lap lead me to a spin, meaning i ran out of fuel and missed the pit window timer :( I was hoping to drop in and get very small amount of fuel and back out.

I learn't 3 thing 1) i need to play more AC, 2) always test the tyre you decide to use before racing on it, which leads to point 1, and 3) - bin these stupid pedals lol.

Thanks for setting and up @Craig Dunkley (didn't call you Chris this time lol) - thanks everyone for a race, congrats to the podiums.

I can say that race was a challenge for me!
Hardest race I have been in. Came 18th but a load of drivers came out of the race so I think that means I wasn't last.
Excellent clean driving from everyone. Nice.
Thank @Craig Dunkley that was a great race.

I learn't 3 thing 1) i need to play more AC, 2) always test the tyre you decide to use before racing on it, which leads to point 1, and

Quite similar to me. Started with HT, spun 3001 times in 4 laps, went for repairs and fuel and guess what... Changed tires AGAIN to Hard Tires. :O_o::roflmao::rolleyes::whistling:
Untill the end spun more 4010 times :laugh:

Congrats to the winner and podium and the finishers.
Merry Christmas all and HO HO HO
:thumbsup:

@Justin Koch I'm so sorry for crashing into you at Adenauer Forst. You just wanted to give me room to pass you but lost it a little and I was way too fast to slow my car down enough in time :(
I hope you will join us for more races though! GT3 @ Nordschleife is like the hardest race you can enter and for some it will always be disaster.
Don't let this discourage you, you sounded like a nice guy so please feel welcome to join in again soon! :)

Merry Christmas to you all! My first fecking Podium at the Nords! :cool::inlove:

There was a few new faces and I am always pleased to see that.

Sadly I had to kick somebody and I hated doing it, I really did, but please understand I am not being awkward by insisting that you have to use your real name. It is in the rules, real name must be used. Use your real name and you will always be welcome.

This event would test anybody to there limits, so very well done to all those that finished :thumbsup:

Many congratulations to the podiums, super driving :thumbsup:

@Justin Koch I'm so sorry for crashing into you at Adenauer Forst. You just wanted to give me room to pass you but lost it a little and I was way too fast to slow my car down enough in time :(
I hope you will join us for more races though! GT3 @ Nordschleife is like the hardest race you can enter and for some it will always be disaster.
Don't let this discourage you, you sounded like a nice guy so please feel welcome to join in again soon! :)

Merry Christmas to you all! My first fecking Podium at the Nords! :cool::inlove:
Hey no that was my fault I lost c

Lol
I thought you would be pissed at me! The last thing I wanted to do was wreck the leader of the race! You apparently have a great setup and competent skills to take advantage of it..
I was going to stop prior to that but thought I would go wide open down the straight to see if the downforce would give me ANY grip,as is had a very dif.setup to drive with the FULL 102.00 of fuel
I should have pitted every lap in attempt to develop a setup but I was not even close...
I am actually a solid driver but I had never fished a full lap at the Endurance track prior to this race, and didnt have much of an idea of what was needed to be competitive.

I hope to join you all again

Have a good Christmas all..
Justin

You are a class act Gentleman! not many would apologize when it was someone else’s fault (mine). Especially when they are leading a race that takes 8+ min to finish a lap..
Hope to race with you again
Justin.

I don't think the Porsche is the fastest over 1 lap. @Dirk Steffen can confirm. But in the real series, Porsche tend to progress through the field as the real car is more gentle on its tyres than other GT3s.

Mind you, this fact isn't true in AC :roflmao:

But yes sure, when I do some running and find out top speed, I can let you know :)
I'll most likely run maximum downforce at the rear anyway because I'll struggle to get the rear diffuser to work efficiently with all the peaks, valleys and bumps of the Nordschleife

The Porsche may or may not be the fastest over one lap, it definitely is the BEST, the MOST BEAUTIFUL and the CAR OF THE YEAR for REAL men. Who would drive anything else if you can drive a Porsche!

#IamNotBiased

You are a class act Gentleman! not many would apologize when it was someone else’s fault (mine). Especially when they are leading a race that takes 8+ min to finish a lap..
Hope to race with you again
Justin.
Thanks for the kind words!
I was only 3rd :p was 60s behind the two at the front and had a nice gap to 4th so our crash didn't change anything for me. Damage wasn't a problem, luckily :)
I watched the replay and the crucial thing was that I lost concentration due to your off-road adventure and missed the apex.
The moment our cars made contact I was already off with 2 wheels and my car was beached on the kerbs.
If I would've kept control over my car I would've dodged you by keeping it to the right, sadly I lost control too :roflmao::whistling:
So I'm also to blame for it :x3:

Anyway it seems that it was quite an adventure for you hehe. The Nordschleife really isn't a track for "learning it in the practice session". The rear wing alone can make a big difference whereas on other tracks you're mostly fine by running the default setup and end up somewhere between other drivers, having fun and not drive alone. You'll see what I mean during your next races :)

See you soon on track :thumbsup:

The Porsche may or may not be the fastest over one lap, it definitely is the BEST, the MOST BEAUTIFUL and the CAR OF THE YEAR for REAL men. Who would drive anything else if you can drive a Porsche!

#IamNotBiased

Hey @Dirk Steffen - We added another Porsche to the household, obviously influenced by your :D

Was at the Nordschleife in the summer, some really nice GT cars going round.

Manthey GT3 - Thing was flying murdering everything!

Screenshot-20181224-094540-Gallery.jpg

Screenshot-20181224-094606-Gallery.jpg

Screenshot-20181224-094646-Gallery.jpg

Felt sorry for this one that kissed the barrier!

Screenshot-20181224-094703-Gallery.jpg

Nice Jay, Congrats on the addition!
The owner of the red GT3 got off very lucky it seems. A visit to the track can be very costly not to mention unhealthy.

Stay safe guys! ... and Merry Christmas!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back