rF2 *Special Event* FIA WSC Group C - Fuji Film Cup '90 - Fri 30 December 2022 (Including real life race watch-along!)

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
@Yves Larose What did you end up naming the windows-stuff to get rid of the stickers on the front lights? :p

If I can't get rid of it, this is the car I will show up with! :)
20221230200409_1.jpg

Did someone say Norway?

I'm slow, but I just love my disco mazda.

Had the pleasure to Listen to ylthe 787B in real one time....its just mind blowing how this car sounds!!!!....(in real life).

thanks for the event, nice cars to drive.

the race was not good, got 2 hits from behind, on the backstraight and in turn 1/2 which caused some damage and laptime. sad that there is no repair option.

to all here a nice walk into 2023!

Absolutely brutal race there, but amazing fun. Had two moments - one spin at the Degners that lost me about 13s and contact with Hartmut that set me back about 3s redressing the positions. However, it was still crazy to race against you. Some guys had incredible pace and I was amazed that a 1-stop nearly won it! I was on the edge with the 2-stopper so well done to @Cosimo.

Can't wait to see what else we can conjure up in the new year! May these massive, healthy grids continue! Multiclass could return with numbers like this.
See you all on Monday if you want to come and play with Indycars! They're still brutal like these, but with none of that Turbo boost craziness :roflmao:

thanks for the event, nice cars to drive.

the race was not good, got 2 hits from behind, on the backstraight and in turn 1/2 which caused some damage and laptime. sad that there is no repair option.

to all here a nice walk into 2023!

Thaaaat was me!

I got a bit tricked by the way the track is there. As I had more boost than you, I thought you left the outside open for me, but forgot where the track "narrowed" down. When I realized it, I tried to brake but it was too late!

Sorry :/

Reg. damage, if it's no repair option, due to the low damage setting on the server, it shouldn't actually be any damage. I got punted in the hairpin, and into the tyre barriers. I still managed a 1.46.3 later on with light blue around the car.

Well that is high on the worst race list. Great how at 25% tyres have basically no grip at all anymore and you can't even turn in with 40 kph From totally driveable to not at all within seconds :mad::mad::mad:. Got me on the second stint when I tried to double stint the damn RS600 and again on the RS500 on the last stint.Just that dropped me from P4 to P8 in a single damn lap. Really frustrating, could have been fun otherwise.

Thanks for the race! Group C is one of my favourite cars, so I enjoyed this a lot.
Played with the boost during the first stint, to stay under 5L/lap. Initially I considered not changing tires either, but with only 20s added, and not knowing how the R600 degraded, I took a new set in the end.
A bit bummed for the that last chicane moment... it is what it is.
With gentlemen rule applied, I would have brought it home :)
Thanks, this was loads of fun!

Well that is high on the worst race list. Great how at 25% tyres have basically no grip at all anymore and you can't even turn in with 40 kph From totally driveable to not at all within seconds :mad::mad::mad:. Got me on the second stint when I tried to double stint the damn RS600 and again on the RS500 on the last stint.Just that dropped me from P4 to P8 in a single damn lap. Really frustrating, could have been fun otherwise.
I was changing tyres at each stop to 600s because I was still getting them down to 50% during the 14 laps stints I did. I have tried double-stinting tyres in these kind of races before, but the pace loss from one spin or wide moment on the second stint (bearing in mind you'll be lapping a second slower than if you'd changed tyres), a tyre change at each stop is always preferable. When the car is stopping for 100s for fuel anyway, what's another 20s?

I was changing tyres at each stop to 600s because I was still getting them down to 50% during the 14 laps stints I did. I have tried double-stinting tyres in these kind of races before, but the pace loss from one spin or wide moment on the second stint (bearing in mind you'll be lapping a second slower than if you'd changed tyres), a tyre change at each stop is always preferable. When the car is stopping for 100s for fuel anyway, what's another 20s?
I had like 64 to over 70 around the first stop so it was working fine and brought me into the lead in the second stint that I lost just like 3 laps before the second stop. I wasn't expecting the tyres would drop that dramatically at 25%. The graphs Ole posted suggest different as well. But I had way way too many mistakes today anyway and next time I know better

For the people not used to race our Fridays - every Friday-race every month is a part of a monthly fun-championship. With proper points and also an all-time stats for all Friday events for the whole 2022.

This race can be found at: https://ommyrvold.net/rdrf2/cold_december.html
Click "races" on this site, and choose "5.Suz" and you'll find all the stats from this. Me using 8.34% fuel per lap, or @Cosimo only using 4.79% per lap. Or maybe me using 3.9% of my tyres every lap, and @Roy Magnes only 1.05%, or so much more :)

Standings in the last month of the year
1672441829973.png

And lastly, the all-time stats, with all the Friday-events in rF2 at RaceDepartment in 2022! Thanks to all approx.80 drivers who have participated this year :) (some names are doubled in the stats).

Happy New Year all! Hope see you all again in 2023 :)

I had like 64 to over 70 around the first stop so it was working fine and brought me into the lead in the second stint that I lost just like 3 laps before the second stop. I wasn't expecting the tyres would drop that dramatically at 25%. The graphs Ole posted suggest different as well. But I had way way too many mistakes today anyway and next time I know better

I wonder if it is partially down to driving-style/setup as well. I know @Yves Larose did get the same issue with his double-stinting, but when you guys had around the same tyre wear at the fronts, he was still doing 1.52's, when you ended up with a 2.00-ish. Granted, idk if the Sauber is a lot worse with worn tyres than the Porsche.

When the car is stopping for 100s for fuel anyway, what's another 20s?
Read below why that matters hugely...:p

I did an unusual amount of testing for this because the sheer options to choose from was nigh on endless. I quickly fell in love with the Sauber and decided to go with that, but I also knew that if someone was brave enough, they could go on a 1 stop in the Porsche and possibly win with it.

I didnt focus too much on qually, just added boost and removed the fuel and off I went. Stuck it on the front row which I was happy with.

I think Michael missed how early the green flag flew and therefore I could breeze past him even before the line. It made my initial plan of keeping people behind me for as long as possible much easier, until I spun at the last chicane from missing the braking point and shifting down too hard. I lost out to Dan and Yves and I could see they both ran higher boost than me and sure enough, they also pitted earlier than me. I stretched the fuel as much as I could, put a full tank and new tires on for stint 2 and came back out behind the fighting duo that was Michael and Dan. I could see I had a slight pace advantage over the two, but passing them would turn out to be impossible, especially on low boost. So I waited. Finally, about half way into stint 2, they collided and I made it through. While this was going on, I was starting to keep an eye on Cosimo and it dawned on me that he was doing exactly what a feared the most - a hero 1 stopper. As I neared the pits, I took 10 liters off from full and decided to double-stint the tires (saving me 30 secs), the worst tire still being at 73% (R600) at that point. It was the right decision because I kept 2nd with 15 secs and I had to gain 25 secs on Cosimo. The gap to the guys behind was stable and I was gaining on Cosimo at the exact rate required to catch him near the finish. By this point I should have turned the boost up on the straights earlier than I did as I still had something like 15 liters left for the final lap, so I turned it up to the max and tried to persuade the tires, now at 50%, to hang on for dear life for one more lap, something we didnt quite agree on in every corner exit. I had a small go on the outside into the first of the 'S' Curves, but that was never gonna work. Followed him around, I knew the only chance I'd get would be the final chicane. I had a poor exit from Spoon '2' but also the possibility to go full tilt, 200mph through 130R and thus we ended up neck and neck into the final chicane. I committed to the inside early and hit the anchors as late as possible, at the same time Cosimo moved over slightly to cover the line but by then it was too late and inevitably we touched, ending up in the gravel Senna/Prost style. I'll admit I didnt wait as I felt I was turned in on, but looking at the replay, I think its 50/50'ish. Technically I hit him, but had he not moved over there would have been no crash.

Regardless of the controversial ending, the race was brilliant! Vastly different cars and stradegies and its all decided on the last lap, in the last chicane. Awesome!

Please use these cars again :)

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back