rF2 *Special Event* FIA WSC Group C - Fuji Film Cup '90 - Fri 30 December 2022 (Including real life race watch-along!)

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I take it with the Mazda the enduro map would be best for a long race?

That depends I guess. It will not help at all if you overdrive it and mess up the tires.

When we used the mod with 2x tyre wear & fuel usage at Monza, the Mazda had the highest number of drivers.
@Dean Maković won that race in a Mazda, I was 2nd in the Porsche and @Jimlaad43 finished 3rd in the Sauber.

So it might be the best car for the race, but you have less room for small errors or changes in strategy during the race.

I genuinely think all cars will have a fair chance, but that it depends on the driver and driving style what car will be the best.

I'll be joining in. I like the Mazda best so far. My only niggle is it doesn't appear to make any noise for the first 20% of throttle application so it's hard to tell what the engine is doing.
Sign me up please!
Any chance to drive the 962C :)

And I am home again after just a 75min stop yesterday... Pleased to see both of you! :)
Both are now on the list! :)

Here is the report from the Monza Gr.C race we did on a Thursday-event in November. It was a 40 min race, so quite a bit shorter than what we will do, but it's possible to see the different strategies here as well.
In the "R Sectors/Laps" it's possible to see the fuel usage and tyre wear.
In "Fuel/Tires" it's possible to see the avg. tyre wear and fuel consumption. NOTE that "fuel on start" is at the green flag. So if you have a 100% full tank of fuel when on the grid, it will show under 100% due to fuel usage on formation lap.
The "pits" tab is a bit wonky, as it somehow are missing the pit-data for my stop, and @Ingemar Petersson 's two stops.

@Ole Marius Myrvold please sign me up, i'll probably gonna suck but at least i'll suck in style as i'm gonna drive that :roflmao:
Monster 1.png

Monster 2.png

If you are struggling, here's a somewhat safe/understeery setup for the 962C.
I worked a bit on the gear ratios to make it easier to keep momentum in sector 1 and 2.
Not saying it's great, it's just what works for me, offered without guarantees of any kind :)

Attachments

• CS_962C_Race.svm
    5.1 KB · Views: 35
If you are struggling, here's a somewhat safe/understeery setup for the 962C.
I worked a bit on the gear ratios to make it easier to keep momentum in sector 1 and 2.
Not saying it's great, it's just what works for me, offered without guarantees of any kind :)
Thanks!!!

1 Hour left until the extremely non-mandatory highlights-show will be streamed on Discord, and 2 hours left until "official" practice :)
Time for dinner :roflmao:
So only 20 minutes of practice it is this time then ;)
I did 2 laps earlier, and I was all over the place - so might as well spend the time watching real race cars instead. Don't think there are hours enough left to do enough practice anyways :whistling:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More leagues

• Prizes

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Trophies

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Forum trophies