rF2 *Special Event* FIA WSC Group C - Fuji Film Cup '90 - Fri 30 December 2022 (Including real life race watch-along!)

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Low pressure = more grip. But should mean more moving around and thus higher temps.
View attachment 626058

This is from the readme/tech sheet for the mod. I must admit, I don't understand it :p

It is probably worth a test though.
Also. The optimum pressure might be reached by having the lowest possible in garage. The pressure mentioned are on track, after heating.

The problem with the RF2 tyre model is that you are forced to fine tune the in game tire with all these tools to represent the real thing.
And that's the problem, data from real tire manufacturer is the hardest thing to get.
So you kind of are developing blind and somehow guessing what the real thing should work/behave like.

It lives or dies with real data...
Same for aero of cars. Info that is soo hard to get. For old and new cars.
A 60's small endurance team never saw a wind tunnel that gives the data you would need as input.

Same for modern cars, a well kept secret because its performance and competitive impacting..

The problem with the RF2 tyre model is that you are forced to fine tune the in game tire with all these tools to represent the real thing.
And that's the problem, data from real tire manufacturer is the hardest thing to get.
So you kind of are developing blind and somehow guessing what the real thing should work/behave like.

It lives or dies with real data...
Same for aero of cars. Info that is soo hard to get. For old and new cars.
A 60's small endurance team never saw a wind tunnel that gives the data you would need as input.

Same for modern cars, a well kept secret because its performance and competitive impacting..

Problem and advantage ;P
"Thanks to:
Brian Davies, Avon Tyres Motorsport, www.avonmotorsport.com
John Pearson, H.P Tyres Ltd, www.hptyres.com "

While not Dunlop, Yokohama or Goodyear, I think there's been some help to make the tyre model for the Gr.C cars! :)

Merry Christmas! I haven’t raced for a while and group c cars are a challenge for me, but I’ll do some testing and see how I get on with them.

We all live for challenges ;P
Based on my long techy posts. The Mazda, or low-boost Porsche with Yokohama tires is friendly in terms of Gr.C. The positive, race-wise is that you have less fuel usage, and thus less time standing still filling fuel as well. Which can take well over a minute :)

But of course, you need to feel comfortable enough to have fun :)

I did a bit of testing and I don’t think Grp C is for me. LMP/GTE is more my cup of tea, so I’ll wait until those races start up again. Thanks for the mention and have a good race :)

i'm trying to do a skin for the Porsche and i have some trouble with the windows, the banner and the rims skinning part. With the templates there are an exemple for each car, for the Porsche the Banner should be name altExtra2, the windows should be named 962C_Windowsout and 962CWindowsin and the rims according to the one you want 962C_Extra100, Extra101 and Extra102 but when i do that it doesn't work ingame. I even try to put their exemple ingame and it doesn't work anyone have any ideas why it doesn't work ?

i'm trying to do a skin for the Porsche and i have some trouble with the windows, the banner and the rims skinning part. With the templates there are an exemple for each car, for the Porsche the Banner should be name altExtra2, the windows should be named 962C_Windowsout and 962CWindowsin and the rims according to the one you want 962C_Extra100, Extra101 and Extra102 but when i do that it doesn't work ingame. I even try to put their exemple ingame and it doesn't work anyone have any ideas why it doesn't work ?

Nope :/ Me and Roy had the same issues with the 90'sBTCC stuff. We named it exactly like it is in the mod, tried different templates/based on the mod, but the windows never changed.
I'll try to have a look at it tomorrow when I'm back home :)

Nope :/ Me and Roy had the same issues with the 90'sBTCC stuff. We named it exactly like it is in the mod, tried different templates/based on the mod, but the windows never changed.
I'll try to have a look at it tomorrow when I'm back home :)
If i name the banner WINDSHIELDOUT and WINDSHIELDIN the banner works but then i'm stuck with what ever it's on the rest of the windows and the lights glass.

I did a bit of testing and I don’t think Grp C is for me. LMP/GTE is more my cup of tea, so I’ll wait until those races start up again. Thanks for the mention and have a good race :)
If you turn the boost down (as you'll have to in the race to avoid too many stops) it'll be much easier to drive :)

i finally had enough and uninstalled rf2 i then reinstalled it, now i have extra menus, driver names above cars, much better fps and a big change in how the steering feels.. fogot to backup all my car setups doh!!! sign me in please

I dont dare to do that, fear of not backing up important stuff! Hah!

You'll be on the list when I get home ;P

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea