AMS2 Special event | 1.5 hour race | Historic Multiclass | Daytona Road Course | Thursday January 5th

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
What I found from testing from a default setup pov:

1. Sauber is the fastest, basically from its sheer torque, its so much it could restart a dead planet. By far the most difficult to drive, requiring total throttle and braking control. Worst brakes of the lot, but I think most of it comes from the sheer speed you approach every corner. Requires 1 setup tweak (brakes to 100%), others are nice to have.
Uses the most fuel, but not by much. Can unbalance after a while from rear tires wearing more than the fronts, something I havent been able to dial out, only reduce slightly.

2. Nissan 2nd fastest, closely followed by the Corvette. On paper, the Nissan has the most horsepower, but less torque and its here it looses out. Very strong brakes, locks easily, could do with reduced brake force. Sounds great, decent handling.

3. Corvette 3rd fastest. A bit like the Nissan really, even though its a vastly different car. Handles well, brakes well, sounds well. Half a second between the two.

4. Porsche 4th fastest. Easiest to drive with the best handling and decent brakes, but cronic lack of power. About 4 secs slower than the Sauber. Sitting duck on every straight. Will loose an entire pitstop worth of time in just one stint.

Bottom line: I'm going with the Sauber and bracing for dear life. Nissan and Corvette can be in contention if you play your cards right.
Note: Yet to find the optimum tire pressures and the best stradegy.

Last edited:
Same here. In rf2 its just the lowest it can go every time because its bugged, in ACC its aim for 27,5psi at every track, but I can find nothing on AMS2

Maybe it's time to delve into the vehicle files. I've only just picked up the game so I'd need to have a look to work out what's possible, but maybe the tyre file makes it possible to work out the ideal pressures.

I'm driving the M1 but I'm finding it harder than the Sauber. It might just be because I like driving Group C cars in other games so am aware of its nature, but I just can't get my head around the M1 braking into T1. I struggle so much and the gearing on it is either top short or too long in 5th, there's no ideal.

Same here. In rf2 its just the lowest it can go every time because its bugged, in ACC its aim for 27,5psi at every track, but I can find nothing on AMS2
If you look for it you will find explanations that tell you to optimise the contact path, not the temperture. But influencing this contactpach's (monitored by the inside, middle and outside temp) is also very difficult. Changng camber hardly has an effect on the tires in my experience (temp wise).

Last edited:
Like to take part in this but have to check online first whether rear mirrors work in vr. That's sometimes not the case which is one of many disadvantages from AMS2 compared to PC2.
So is it possible to get PW to check before sign up?

@joecronk @Kek700 @Kees Veenstra @T1MKO @Ole Marius Myrvold Myrvold @Bas Kriesels @H_Belane @PurgerUK @James Skinner r @CrazedMK @Enzo Fazzi @Des Bain @Orlando Medley Sr. @Lok Man Ho @Lloyd Johnston @Bjorn de Haas @Steve Le Gallez @VictorIS @Hartmut2 @jimortality
Hi guys. Still a few awsome cars left for this epic race. Come join us! Be fast only 4 Group C and 7 M1 Procars left. First come, first served...

Sorry mate. The server issues last time makes me skip this one.

BMW M1 Art Cars. For a bit of colour, if you like more M1 goodness.M1 Art Cars
20221109232903_1.jpg

As this is my first time doing an AMS2 online race, I have a question about these skin packs.

Do they have to be installed for me to see what someone else is using, or will it show up for me in game if someone has a custom livery? If I don't have the skinpack will I not be able to join the server?

Custom skins are personal and not required for the server. If you have the same skin pack as driver A, you'll both see the same skins on the respective cars. if, like me, you have a mix of various skin packs then only you will see the skin attached to that particular model.
20221109194528_1.jpg

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back