AMS2 Special event | 1.5 hour race | Historic Multiclass | Daytona Road Course | Thursday January 5th

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
Edward, make sure you practice pitstops, its quite a bit different and more complicated than rf2
I did a few pitstops yesterday offline. When I jump on the server this evening for practice I'll have another go, just because I forgot about the extra fuel and tyre usage.

pitcrew-jpg.628015

A reminder to turn pitcrews to player only. I 'd recommend the virtual mirror for the M1, it's in your hud menu. Also make sure the radar is activated for your various hud windows - cockpit, light, telemetry etc. The relative time hud display is very good at displaying gaps to cars around you as well as lapped cars. There is a track map if you need that kinda thing to have a visual representation of the field. And lights, you'll need them.

That’s gonna be tough tonight.

I think I never got into dialling in my Ultimate brake pedal or the Upgrade kit afterwards. I have no confidence in my feet at all

Any suggestions for pit rhythm for the M1? I guess single stints with regards to the tyres - how much fuel needed approximately?

That’s gonna be tough tonight.

I think I never got into dialling in my Ultimate brake pedal or the Upgrade kit afterwards. I have no confidence in my feet at all

Any suggestions for pit rhythm for the M1? I guess single stints with regards to the tyres - how much fuel needed approximately?
6L fuel per lap. Tyres will last somewhere between 14-18 laps depending on how you drive them, with pace not really dropping too much.
Race distance I'll calculate when I see everyone's pace in practice.

Sorry for dropping out @Guido Trampe - I mis-shifted into T1 and put it into the tyre barrier separating the pit exit from the track and watched one of my wheels tumble off into the distance :) No major loss, I really needed to practice this one as I was miles of the pace.

Yeah it was a mess, the sim placed us also at a very weird place.

Anyway, binned it after the final pit stop. Was a bit tired and as soon as I removed the limiter I smashed the car straight into the wall. Called it quits because I really wasn't in the mood to do another lap with a broken suspension on the left!

Got booted into the wall in the middle of the first stint by the rouge, out of control, lapped Sauber, into the wall after the Bus Stop. That ruined the race as I lost 3 minutes from it.

Ah guys, thanks for this one. Was quite fun most of the time.

@Redvaliant I guess our contact in T1 was a racing incident? I didn’t feel like I did anything too stupid and I suppose the same can be said for you. I’ll have a look into the replay to see if I can learn something from there. If I made some mistake please feel free to speak up, I’m happy to take any constructive criticism.

60 minutes into the race my game decided to freeze for 10 seconds or so. Luckily I ended up just in front of the pits, but full repairs took me around 2 minutes or so and then the fun was gone. Final minute I’m not sure if I just missed T1 and stayed on the oval, so I retired into the pits.

The night felt quite long by the way.

Thanks, it was a great race. I wasn't the fastest, but I feel like I was able to stay consistent. Fortunately, my mistakes were not fatal, so I was able to complete the entire race distance.

No worries Stefan, I couldn't really see you as we lurched through T1 and T2. It was indeed, a long race. My apologies for the start procedure, I thought I'd set everything up for the formtion lap and rolling start but I missed a vital setting for the formation lap. It should be good to go from here - guess we'll find out on Tuesday when we do the Indy cars at Indy RC. Also, Jan I thought you'd be past me by the time I turned in to that awful left before the Banking, but I should have gone to the right and had you pass on the inside. Otherwise, I think it was a stable, largely hassle free race - pit bugs excepted. We can now go about hosting these with a few more variables in the setup.

Last edited:
Got booted into the wall in the middle of the first stint by the rouge, out of control, lapped Sauber, into the wall after the Bus Stop. That ruined the race as I lost 3 minutes from it.
Yeah that was a terrible accident. Saw it happen. Was a shame. The fight of the 3 group C’s in front was very nice

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back