AMS2 Special event | 1.5 hour race | Historic Multiclass | Daytona Road Course | Thursday January 5th

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event

Guido Trampe

AMS2 Moderator
Premium
1671637320161.png
New year, new race. Starting the new year with an Endurance!
We will do a 1.5 hour (90 min) endurance race including all expected options:
- Dynamic weather
- Accelerated time => day / night transition
- Accelrated tyrewear => pitstops needed
- high power medium downforce cars on high speed track => be prepared!
- 90 minutes is long... Racecraft, consistancy and concentration can help you finish high. If you crash, pit and race on... you will likely not be the only one
- Multiclass with Group C and BMW M1 Procar

Server Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM #2
Server Password: PM will be sent on signup
Server Settings: X2 fuel, X3 tyre wear, x5 Time acceleration (under development)
Setups: Free => practise and create a strategy. Be prepared for all situations
Assists: Factory Defaults
Track: Daytona Road Course
TIER 1: Group C: Porsche 962C, Sauber C9, Corvette GTP
20220323185525_1.jpg

20220323190024_1.jpg

1668777541926.png

TIER 2: BMW M1 Procar

Skinpacks:
Sauber C9 - 962C- BMW M1

Discord: Join us on the #Automobilista-2 voice chat during the event. Join our Discord here and check out the #read-this-first how to setup and syncronize your premium account.

Time Table
1671377318026.png

Rules: Read or watch our racing club rules

Drivers Group C

1. @Daniel R.
  2. @Jan Larsen
  3. @Frobs
  4. @The Almighty Snark
  5. @groy1980
  6. @Stefan Hiller
  7. @Lracer
  8. @Lizardhh77
  9. @Jochen Lenaerts
  10. @GeekyDeaks
  11. @Bhutch88
  12. Free spot
  13. Free Spot
  14. Free Spot
  15. Free Spot
Drivers BMW M1
  1. @Munkyboo
  2. @max1966i
  3. @Reiche
  4. @Reefabus
  5. @Jimlaad43
  6. @Guido Trampe
  7. @Redvaliant*
  8. @Raf Nix
  9. Free Spot
  10. Free Spot
  11. Free Spot
  12. Free Spot
  13. Free Spot
  14. Free Spot
  15. Free Spot
  16. Free Spot
INFORMATION & BASIC RULES
Quallify

Both classes have their own timeslot in qualifying session. GT will qualify in first 15 minutes, Group C in the last 15 minutes. Failure to comply to this rule can get you expelled from the next race. Make sure to oblige. You can ruin other drivers hot lap and consequently the fun of racing. And we all started for racing fun in the beginning, right?

• If you are on hot lap. Your headlights are ON. When on an out or in lap, your headlights are OFF.
• If you are on an out lap and a faster car is approaching: get off the racing line. The sooner he passes you, the better you can focus again on your preparation for the hot lap. Be predictable!
• You are not allowed to pass cars that are on a hot lap (Lights are on, pushing on the racing line) .
• If you are on your out lap or made a driving error in your hot lap, let the others pass safely and without disrupting their lane if possible.

Race
Race strategy is free, there are no mandatory pitstops. Since this is a multiclass race, we expect you to follow blue flags and let the faster cars pass whenever possible. It is the responsibility of faster cars to safely overtake slower cars. When a faster car is overtaking a car from a different class, whether a blue flag is being shown to the slower car or not, the slower car should be predictable and remain on the racing line. The faster car should execute the overtake only when it is safe to do so. If a faster car is lapping another car in the same class then the same rule applies; some cooperation may be required to facilitate the overtake. Please be sensible.

All of the standard Racing Club Rules still apply to this event.

You do not need to nominate which car you will drive, but should specify in which class you would like to drive when signing up.

Remember to:
• Go to toilet before the race, it is a long ride
• Drink during the race
• Setup buttons for Lights, TC, ABS, Brake Balance and windscreen wipers
• Setup your wheel, button box or keyboard to make strategy changes as easy as possible. Make sure you can keep your eyes on the road while doing that
• Do some test with pitstops and make sure you selected the right strategy before entering race. It’s very frustrated to nail the strategy but ruin it with a drive through penalty

• Drive safe. The race is long and can’t be won in lap 1. So, relax, be consistent and predictable for the other

Last edited:
Hi guys. Second race in the endurance challenge. Sign up with your favorite car

Not for me yet. I'll both wait to see what arrives in the rF2 Historic Thursdays, and consider if it's worth it. While the GT-Porsche was fun, I did end up by myself for the vast majority of the race, and with the server-issues that we just can't get away from in AMS2, I am unsure if this is something I'll commit to. It's a long race to end up with a server issue.

Not for me yet. I'll both wait to see what arrives in the rF2 Historic Thursdays, and consider if it's worth it. While the GT-Porsche was fun, I did end up by myself for the vast majority of the race, and with the server-issues that we just can't get away from in AMS2, I am unsure if this is something I'll commit to. It's a long race to end up with a server issue.
Hi Ole. Yeah we all had a bad tatse remaining after the race. We do think to understand the cause though. This time tier 2 will offer 14 equal opponents in a iconic car. I willnsee if you can resist

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 19 26.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 17 23.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 16 21.9%
  • Trophies

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 6.8%