AMS2 Special event | 1.5 hour race | Historic Multiclass | Daytona Road Course | Thursday January 5th

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
Group C Nissan is now loaded on the server. There have been issues/bugs with it in low downforce mode, though there was a new patch today that hopefully fixed that. Best to test on the practice server if you want to use the Nissan.

20221231175647_1.jpg

Last edited:
I had issues with FFB in this car. Felt like FFB was in reverse. It has way more HP then the other cars, wonder if this will be a fair fight with the other group C's

Hallo, ich liebe die Gruppe C und vor allem den Sauber C9. Ich bin gestern viele Runden auf Daytona gefahren. Leider habe ich das Problem, das ich bei "authentischen" Fahrhilfen, also kein ABS, kein TC und keine Stabilitätskontrolle, das Auto kaum fahren kann.

Ich kann das Auto ohne ABS und ohne TC mit Stabilitätskontrolle fahren, aber ohne Stabilitätskontrolle, bricht mir ständig das Heck aus. Wenn ich so vorsichtig das Gas drücke werde ich gnadenlos von der KI überholt. Ich kann nur bei vollständig gerade gestellten Lenkrad Gas geben, ansonsten bricht das Heck aus.

Ich weiß das der C9 mit seinen 1000Nm schwer zu fahren ist, aber so schwer kann doch nicht sein, oder?
Ich habe Loadcell Pedale und kann auch gut fahren. GT3 und GTE kann ich auch gut kontrollieren ohne jegliche Fahrhilfen.

Ich fahre den C9 auch mit H Schaltung und Kupplung. Nur das fahren ohne Stabilitätskontrolle bereitet mir enorm Schwierigkeiten.

Hat jemand ähnliche Probleme oder einen Tipp?

IMG_20230103_100442.jpg

Hi Florian, it's English only in the forums, but I get what you are saying - the C9 is a devil to drive. Yes, it's probably the hardest of the Group Cs as it's super powerful. We don't use artificial aids in our races, only the aids that the car had by default. I'd suggest trying the Porsche and lower the boost to get it drivable. Many of us use H pattern shifters and a manual clutch in the classic cars and it gets better the more you drive them. If you are still having issues, I'd suggest trying the BMW M1. Anyone have any setp tips for the Sauber for Florian?

Sorry, my English is only semi good.
Thanks for the help, yes, the C9 is a devil that's true.
I'll try to lower the boost

Entschuldigt, mein Englisch ist nur Semi gut.
Danke für die Hilfe, ja, der C9 ist ein Teufel das stimmt.
Ich versuche mich mal daran den Boost zu senken.

I did a session on the race server and the Sauber is brutal. It destroys tyres, and is a real handful. I found it doesn't like deep braking into the corner, it gets very light on the rear and can rotate very easily. It is so fast that you need to brake early and hard and then get off the brakes and gently, very gently, get on the throttle to balance it. Once in 3rd gear you can nail it. I think you need to run as much wing as you can and play with the diff settings to get it stable into and out of slow corners. We don't mention laptimes in the forum, but it's quicker than the Porsche. I'll try the Corvette and Nissan later tonight after the Tuesday race and see how they compare.

I did a session on the race server and the Sauber is brutal. It destroys tyres, and is a real handful. I found it doesn't like deep braking into the corner, it gets very light on the rear and can rotate very easily. It is so fast that you need to brake early and hard and then get off the brakes and gently, very gently, get on the throttle to balance it. Once in 3rd gear you can nail it. I think you need to run as much wing as you can and play with the diff settings to get it stable into and out of slow corners. We don't mention laptimes in the forum, but it's quicker than the Porsche. I'll try the Corvette and Nissan later tonight after the Tuesday race and see how they compare.
I lowered the coast and preload settings on the diff and it helped quite a bit. It's still a beast on accel but makes the braking more manageable.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.