Some wip projects

AndreasFSC

Too much going on...
battle1989.jpg

Race Reloaded cars and tracks are out on testing, so doing some other things for the moment.
Updating '05 to use the updated files from '07 and '06 and changing some windows textures.

Do someone know who have made the WTCC 2005 mod? I think it is quite old now?
I have no Readme file saved together with the mod, but I would like to ask for permission to release the update.

This is some kind of collection thing, to collect as many wtcc seasons as possible.

184.jpg

185.jpg

Race Reloaded cars and tracks are out on testing, so doing some other things for the moment.
Updating '05 to use the updated files from '07 and '06 and changing some windows textures.

Do someone know who have made the WTCC 2005 mod? I think it is quite old now?
I have no Readme file saved together with the mod, but I would like to ask for permission to release the update.

This is some kind of collection thing, to collect as many wtcc seasons as possible.

View attachment 524349

View attachment 524350
While i don't know who made these originally. I did make about half the grid last year but unfortunately other priorities and now the military duties will take longer to finish this. Once i do finish it though i will send it to you to add in R07. I have also done many alternate liveries from 2005. :D

Nothing extraordinary, just updating windows textures to be more like the other season wtcc cars and the other tinytweak things. The plan for the moment is to release this pack and maybe STCC track packs next.
Many things going on simultaneously, so it would be good to finish some of them.

Not very much left to do on Race Remaster for the moment other than probably fixing numerous "errors". Of course the UI is the big thing left after that.

187.jpg
188.jpg
189.jpg

Spent a little bit of time to edit the super touring cars and the matching tracks.
This includes new track lights settings that works better with the shaders, replacing rmaps of car bodies, export new window textures with more transparency (as glass shader is more reflective) and other similar things.
Car interiors will be a challenge as they will need tweaking to look good.
The settings that worked ok before does not look so good now, some of the shape is lost to reflections. But exteriors look good I think.
Remaster related track packs are still main priority right now, but I think I will update the 98 ST season first to see what it will look like.

1.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

Last edited:
All 1998 cars have received a first materials and windows update.
These changes kind of do the same thing as the previous settings (cars received more light from top direction by adding it to the ref map), but in a more dynamic way (shaders have a built in simulated sky light reflection). So less dependent on "painted" effect, more use of calculated effect.

6.jpg
5.jpg

Oh gosh! This has my mouth watering, having seen the results of your shaders in Race Remaster. I basically bought RACE 07 a year or so ago for the sake of driving your Super Touring mod, because I think those cars (and tracks) are sooo cool. Can't wait to eventually see this in action and play with it! :)

Man your shaders are looking way better. Forgot to say thank you for mediafire link with the V1.81. Still cant use your bump/spec gfx. Other than that, only the PS20_RELOADED crash.

Still have not test your SPECIAL.gfx but I think is something in the cubemap that you are missing for reflections.
Again this is dx9_srpl_carpaint and glass. But this looks like this when I update to a more brighter spec texture. Is only the carpaint texture black and white then adjusted "bright "levels so carbon shines a little less. Still can be better. Haven`t work on it much. And I know a better cubemap/spec texture is needed and to tweeak more the shader values that 3dsim allows.
1.JPG
2.JPG

BTC-T cars are being updated too. I'll probably release Super Touring, BTC-T and track packs with updates to graphics/materials only soon. Probably better to release them first and work on other (possible) improvements after that to avoid projects being too big and exhausting.

Looking for a good cube map with some detail but not too much and not too high res, just something to bring a little bit more life to the cars.

13.jpg

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea