SKY (PURE & SOL)

Misc SKY (PURE & SOL) 1.6

Login or Register an account to download this content
Some feedback:

- SkyGT is beautiful! But white cars at around mid-day on Few clouds are literally glowing - they're far too bright.
- SkyGT is really dark in the rain.
- The original 'Sky' looks no where near as good as 1.3's, unless it's just me, but it's far too dark and contrasted now?

EDIT: Scratch that last one, I've just tested 1.3 and it's identical. Maybe it was the Pure update, or perhaps I'm just too used to SkyGT now...

Last edited:
Some feedback:

- SkyGT is beautiful! But white cars at around mid-day on Few clouds are literally glowing - they're far too bright.
- SkyGT is really dark in the rain.
- The original 'Sky' looks no where near as good as 1.3's, unless it's just me, but it's far too dark and contrasted now?
I'd love to see images or alternatively we can discuss this on my server.
I think darkness issue for sky is caused by the cockpit view perhaps. The exposure will take some time to adjust to a higher exposure.

I'd love to see images or alternatively we can discuss this on my server.
I think darkness issue for sky is caused by the cockpit view perhaps. The exposure will take some time to adjust to a higher exposure.
I'll see if I can grab a couple of screenshots. The 'Heavy Rain' setting is very dark, but to be honest it's relatively realistic. It's dark inside and outside the cockpit view, and it's as if the exposure doesn't automatically adjust. But! I'm not ruling out that this could be my end, so I'll keep testing and I'll get back to you.

It's all good, the white glare was my settings. However, the Sky being too contrasted is still a thing; perhaps it's the new Pure 0.190, or perhaps it's always been like this. It's most likely just my taste, but it's far too contrasted for me. That's fine though, not everyone has to agree.

But I tweaked the Black settings under the PPtag in Pure config so that it's almost half of what it was (0.5 rather than 1.0):

rMagNRM.png

And, for me at least, the original Sky looks lovely with less contrast.

Before
Y97sBzC.jpg

After
VYIdlKI.jpg

Before
G9kEkcl.jpg

After
ofHFS7J.jpg

Again though, not exactly a flaw - I'm sure it's exactly how you'd want it so I'd respect that.

It's all good, the white glare was my settings. However, the Sky being too contrasted is still a thing; perhaps it's the new Pure 0.190, or perhaps it's always been like this. It's most likely just my taste, but it's far too contrasted for me. That's fine though, not everyone has to agree.

But I tweaked the Black settings under the PPtag in Pure config so that it's almost half of what it was (0.5 rather than 1.0):

rMagNRM.png

And, for me at least, the original Sky looks lovely with less contrast.

Before
Y97sBzC.jpg

After
VYIdlKI.jpg

Before
G9kEkcl.jpg

After
ofHFS7J.jpg

Again though, not exactly a flaw - I'm sure it's exactly how you'd want it so I'd respect that.
That's perfect! Love your adjustments.

S K Y is very contrasted on purpose. A monitor that allows deep blacks or OLED monitor will really benefit from the high contrast.

That's perfect! Love your adjustments.

S K Y is very contrasted on purpose. A monitor that allows deep blacks or OLED monitor will really benefit from the high contrast.
I'm on a HDR 4k monitor so it's displaying blacks as they shjould be - the issue isn't that they're not dark enough; they're too dark. Having rich blacks is a good thing indeed, but when you're clipping dark areas into black and loosing detail, then it becomes a problem. Heightening the lower end of curves/levels without altering the base black point of an image keeps the darkest part of the image dark, but you can still see into those dark areas.

01-prova-b.png

Take this histogram for instance. See the pure black area? You should be able to see all of those details still, but they should just be very dark. To the extreme left would still be pure blacks - so you'll still get the pure black you're talking about, but you'd have more range. What too much contrast would do is crush all of those details and mush them into black, so you'd loose detail, regardless of how dark your monitor can display areas of black. Too little contrast would never give you true blacks. To be honest, mine may be a little lifted in that regard.

Look at the diffuser on the ferrari above - it's still dark in the darker areas (though it could do with being deeper right under the car), but you can still see detail in dark areas. On the image above, it's all completely lost. On an OLED monitor, it appears even worse - it's technically not, but it would appear so as the area is now super dark.

As said though, yours looks good! It's not as if I think it's 'wrong' at all, I just prefer to see detail where you should. Inside the cabin is completely lost on the original SKY, for instance. I'd rather see areas that you'd see in real life.

But I suppose that's what the GT variant is for...

Last edited:
I'm on a HDR 4k monitor so it's displaying blacks as they shjould be - the issue isn't that they're not dark enough; they're too dark. Having rich blacks is a good thing indeed, but when you're clipping dark areas into black and loosing detail, then it becomes a problem. Heightening the lower end of curves/levels without altering the base black point of an image keeps the darkest part of the image dark, but you can still see into those dark areas.

01-prova-b.png

Take this histogram for instance. See the pure black area? You should be able to see all of those details still, but they should just be very dark. To the extreme left would still be pure blacks - so you'll still get the pure black you're talking about, but you'd have more range. What too much contrast would do is crush all of those details and mush them into black, so you'd loose detail, regardless of how dark your monitor can display areas of black. Too little contrast would never give you true blacks. To be honest, mine may be a little lifted in that regard.

Look at the diffuser on the ferrari above - it's still dark in the darker areas (though it could do with being deeper right under the car), but you can still see detail in dark areas. On the image above, it's all completely lost. On an OLED monitor, it appears even worse - it's technically not, but it would appear so as the area is now super dark.

As said though, yours looks good! It's not as if I think it's 'wrong' at all, I just prefer to see detail where you should. Inside the cabin is completely lost on the original SKY, for instance. I'd rather see areas that you'd see in real life.

But I suppose that's what the GT variant is for...
Alright thats it, im buying an HDR monitor

I'm having an issue with mine, in cockpit view on a sunny day everything is far too bright. If I click load from pure config it sorts it out but even if I save it happens every time I load into a new race. It also resets if I load then change view and change back to cockpit it gets really bright again. Any ideas anyone?

soo, i am also on pure 1.90 and also tried reseting my pure settings but no luck sadly :(
Do you have have the latest cm, csp and sol? You shouldnt have any issues.
I'm having an issue with mine, in cockpit view on a sunny day everything is far too bright. If I click load from pure config it sorts it out but even if I save it happens every time I load into a new race. It also resets if I load then change view and change back to cockpit it gets really bright again. Any ideas anyone?
Reset everything on Pure config.

I just have to share this and these screens dont even start to make any justicee to what it looks like in-game.

Attachments

• Screenshot_mworks_964t_wangan_ks_barcelona_11-6-123-22-40-9.jpg
    Screenshot_mworks_964t_wangan_ks_barcelona_11-6-123-22-40-9.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 48
  • Screenshot_mworks_964t_wangan_ks_barcelona_11-6-123-22-38-5.jpg
    Screenshot_mworks_964t_wangan_ks_barcelona_11-6-123-22-38-5.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 43
  • Screenshot_mworks_964t_wangan_ks_barcelona_11-6-123-22-21-19.jpg
    Screenshot_mworks_964t_wangan_ks_barcelona_11-6-123-22-21-19.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 43
  • Screenshot_06_ygt_53_bmw_e36_pk_akina_10-6-123-22-49-10.jpg
    Screenshot_06_ygt_53_bmw_e36_pk_akina_10-6-123-22-49-10.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 45
  • Screenshot_mworks_964t_wangan_ks_barcelona_11-6-123-22-53-57.jpg
    Screenshot_mworks_964t_wangan_ks_barcelona_11-6-123-22-53-57.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 46
I'm trying to install the CSP Settings and the Video files 'S K Y M A X.cmpreset' but when I click on them, the Content Manager says 'nothing found'. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Missing the PDF guide in the download :/

EDIT - SOLVED // I had to navigate to the settings page to be able to drag drop onto CM.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    23.6 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 19 12.8%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 16 10.7%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 19 12.8%
  • Thursday

Votes: 18 12.1%
  • Friday

Votes: 54 36.2%
  • Saturday

Votes: 87 58.4%