Downloading at 50 k's a second right now on here.

Attachments

• cascsacasaacacs.PNG
    cascsacasaacacs.PNG
    41.5 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
so basically the fix is downloading in less busier times?
I'd probably call it a pragmatic 'workaround' rather than 'fix'. I tend to try and plan ahead if I can, but I realise that is not always possible when you are trying to join a server and suddenly realise you need a specific mod.

I cannot speak for the staff here as they know a lot more about it than me, but you can easily take a look at https://xenforo.com to see what underpins this site and it's pretty clear that it's a piece of forum software and not designed for distributed content delivery, so I'm betting that a significant architectural change is likely required to fully solve it globally

If people gave better feedback with some diagnostics, even a basic RTT you get to the server and the specific time (rather than having people assume it's the time of the post), then at least the staff here might have something to go on, but most of the posts are severely lacking in any detail

I cannot speak for the staff here as they know a lot more about it than me, but you can easily take a look at https://xenforo.com to see what underpins this site and it's pretty clear that it's a piece of forum software and not designed for distributed content delivery, so I'm betting that a significant architectural change is likely required to fully solve it globally
Yup, you hit the nail on the head there :thumbsup:

As for "solutions" @Bl3rdsy, yeah it's basically either non-busy times or Premium membership.
See a longish answer here or a rather shorter one here.

At 9.15 am here in the UK I tried to download the latest GTR2 anniversary patch having had many failures recently and speeds were way better ! This would confirm busy server theory and not RD throttling downloads . It seems popularity has its price Lol , during busy times its like being back in the 1990,s with dialup modems:)

im getting 90kbps download when installing a things and it only happens on this website, does anyone have a fix?
No, this problem has been going on for years.

Just bought Premium to get the "priority downloads" and guess what - 100kb/s on avg. :D

I'm in EU, have top 5 internet speed in the world (as a country), just downloaded 5gb movie un 8min.

Just bought Premium to get the "priority downloads" and guess what - 100kb/s on avg. :D
Sorry to hear that. This must mean you're one of the unlucky few for whom there is some kind of peak-time congestion between your ISP and ours, so nothing we do on our server can fix that. If this is the only reason you bought Premium then please use the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page to request a refund.

Sorry to hear that. This must mean you're one of the unlucky few for whom there is some kind of peak-time congestion between your ISP and ours, so nothing we do on our server can fix that. If this is the only reason you bought Premium then please use the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page to request a refund.
Why not just use torrents? Everyone knows how it works.

Eastern Canada downloading at 40 kb/s took over 40 mins to download a track...but a few weeks ago I would of had this in less then a min...I know all this stuff is free and of Couse we are all great full for what this site gives us....but downloads are like from day to night...and I cant see that this is a "me" problem...when all my downloads from other sites work like a charm...and also that there is so many ppl having the same problem at the same time.

The answer isn't "It's a problem on your end." For my home office, I have a fiber optic connection, download and upload terabytes of data almost every day (part of my work is in video editing). All other downloads from ALL other sources are incredibly fast.

Racedepartment download speeds have been abysmally slow for maybe a year. I downloaded a 423,492KB file a couple of days ago. Started around 3pm, and it completed at 7:33pm. I can download mods from other sites, many that are overseas, and most download in under a minute.

The problem is on Racedepartment's end.

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%