SimXperience G-Belt review

Despite having a generally salty taste in my mouth every time I deal with Simxperience I went ahead and ordered one. Perhaps I can provide a skeptics view a couple weeks down the road.

PS - For the record I am a firm believer in the GS-5 and rely on it daily, I just really dislike their software design choices and have not had pleasant interactions with the staff in the past (for the most part)
I must say I really disagree. The cloud tuning function is a masterpiece! Simexperience have developed a database with almost all tracks/car combinations for all major sim titles.. So you only launch the profile of the game you're playing and the simcommander detects what car you're driving and on which track and sets everything automatically. No other manufacturer has this implemented. It's top notch!!

Last edited:
I must say I really disagree. The cloud tuning function is a masterpiece! Simexperience have developed a database with almost all tracks/car combinations for all major sim titles.. So you only launch the profile of the game you're playing and the simcommander detects what car you're driving and on which track and sets everything automatically. No other manufacturer has this implemented. It's top notch!!

Now that someone from SimXperience has explained it it makes a lot of sense and I am using it daily. I just wish the documentation was better.

Now that someone from SimXperience has explained it it makes a lot of sense and I am using it daily. I just wish the documentation was better.
I must agree about the documentation.. Maybe simexperience could copy the text of their different very clear messages in this topic on the cloud tuning and make a small user guide. Would be nice!

Last edited:
I have a question for those already having the g-belt.

How would you rate (scale 0= 'no added value' to 10= 'huge immersion increase') the added immersion by the g-belt alone (so when you deactivate all other motion actuators), for the following effects:
- Braking
- Rear traction loss
- Lateral g-forces
- Slower road elevation changes
- Road surface (high frequency chatter/vibrations from road)
- Curbs

Last edited:
I have a question for those already having the g-belt.

How would you rate (scale 0= 'no added value' to 10= 'huge immersion increase') the added immersion by the g-belt alone (so when you deactivate all other motion actuators), for the following effects:
- Braking
- Rear traction loss
- Lateral g-forces
- Slower road elevation changes
- Road surface (high frequency chatter/vibrations from road)
- Curbs

I don't have the SimXperience G-belt but a DIY SFX 100 4-way Belt tensioner, but in general i can say that a G-belt system is mainly for simulating the braking forces.

Although you can probably use all those effects you listed in SC4, i would feel unrealistic. You don't want a belt pulling you when you ride over a curb and you can't feel the back sliding with your seatbelts.

Immersion factor under braking : 10 out of 10 (if you set it at max)

If you want maximum immersion you can only achieve this by combining multiple motion systems and let each one do the thing it does best

- Braking ( Active belt tensioner + SFX-100 pitching front) (Surge module if you want to go full send)
- Rear traction loss ( Rear traction loss system)
- Lateral G-forces ( G-seat)
- Road elevation changes (SFX100)
- Road surface ( Buttkickers)
- Curbs ( SFX 100)

Of course you can also try training your brain that it feels just right when the belts pull your shoulder when you ride a curb. Same thing goes some even trying to simulate G-forces using buttkickers.

But i that would never work for me personally. The belt tensioner mainly purpose is simulating G-forces under braking, you might also use it for Lateral G's, but that's it.

Last edited:
I actually find surprising value in the G-Belt for bumps and corners:

- Braking 10/10
- Rear traction loss 0/10
- Lateral g-forces 4/10
- Slower road elevation changes 7/10
- Road surface (high frequency chatter/vibrations from road) 2/10
- Curbs 7/10

I notice the bumps particularly in places like the first straight at Bathurst when you go over that crest. It actually surprised me how much I like it, but obviously braking is the primary purpose.

Last edited:
I actually find surprising value in the G-Belt for bumps and corners:

- Braking 10/10
- Rear traction loss 0/10
- Lateral g-forces 4/10
- Slower road elevation changes 7/10
- Road surface (high frequency chatter/vibrations from road) 2/10
- Curbs 7/10

I notice the bumps particularly in places like the first straight at Bathurst when you go over that crest. It actually surprised me how much I like it, but obviously braking is the primary purpose.

Ah, that's interesting! For me it's a bit different. I find the most immersive aspect of the g-belt is actually the lateral g-force effect, particularly in long, high speed corners, where the sustained pull on one side makes me really feel like it's a g force effect. Obviously the braking is very immersive too. Though I don't particularly like the bump effect from the g-belt that much.

I guess it all comes down to what else you have on the rig, I have the nlr v3, which is good for bumps etc but perhaps less good in other areas.

Ah, that's interesting! For me it's a bit different. I find the most immersive aspect of the g-belt is actually the lateral g-force effect, particularly in long, high speed corners, where the sustained pull on one side makes me really feel like it's a g force effect. Obviously the braking is very immersive too. Though I don't particularly like the bump effect from the g-belt that much.

I guess it all comes down to what else you have on the rig, I have the nlr v3, which is good for bumps etc but perhaps less good in other areas.
And I have the GS-5, I think your logic is tracking...

I hoped that the rear traction loss (rearend breaking out) could be felt through the g-belt. In my GS-5 you can very clearly feel it but for me it's not a natural feeling. I don't know why exactly. So I hoped the g-belt could take this over... So that is not the case then ?

I've been tempted to buy the G-belt for a while, but I've always been stung for loads by customs charges, When I got my accuforcev2 in the $999 sale, I paid another £400 in customs, It's a shame they don't have a UK distributor

So I got mine today :)
A few questions -
- is intensity 100% the full travel? so anything over is just clipping? I'm a big guy and would like it to pull me abit more.
- setting it to auto- max g-force, does this record the max braking g-force of a given car and then scale the belt accordingly?

So I got mine today :)
A few questions -
- is intensity 100% the full travel? so anything over is just clipping? I'm a big guy and would like it to pull me abit more.
- setting it to auto- max g-force, does this record the max braking g-force of a given car and then scale the belt accordingly?
There are 2 mode
Default and extreme 2. I use extrem .
I set it to 125%.
some suggestions to improve the G-Belt
1- use a 5 or 6 points harness >4 point
2- 3 inch> 2 inch
3- you should tighten the belt very strong on your body. It shouldn’t be lose.

Last edited:
Jesus... I bought it and now I have import taxes to France of 460€!!!

That's 50% of the price!!

I really think that simexperience should indicate this. I suppose it's the same thing for other European countries (and elsewhere?). And I think simexperience have a very good estimate of taxes per country. Please provide this information to your customers before they decide to buy so that they don't get such huge surprise.

Jesus... I bought it and now I have import taxes to France of 460€!!!

That's 50% of the price!!

I really think that simexperience should indicate this. I suppose it's the same thing for other European countries (and elsewhere?). And I think simexperience have a very good estimate of taxes per country. Please provide this information to your customers before they decide to buy so that they don't get such huge surprise.
Yeah, the taxes are killer, mine was around 25% of the value, is it really that bad in France??

There are 2 mode
Default and extreme 2. I use extrem .
I set it to 125%.
some suggestions to improve the G-Belt
1- use a 5 or 6 points harness >4 point
2- 3 inch> 2 inch
3- you should tighten the belt very strong on your body. It shouldn’t be lose.
Yeah, Someone recommended Xtreme :)
Does 125% clip?
And yeah, already got a 5 point - 3 inch harness :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back