SimXperience G-Belt review

Hi guys, where i can find step by step installation?
I have install SIM Commander 4, the belt engine work when i start application (calibration) but not in game. I use 4250i D-BOX Motion System, i don't think is a problem..
Thank you

Last edited:
The SimXperience G-Belt is back in stock for a limited time.

As some of you may know, we use automotive grade microcontroller chips in our products. Over the years this has been great in terms of reliability and availability, but due to the worldwide chip shortage we now find ourselves competing with automotive manufacturers for the chips needed to produce our products.

This recent batch of G-Belts and GS-5 G-Seats may be the last until microcontroller chips are again readily available.

The SimXperience G-Belt is back in stock for a limited time.

As some of you may know, we use automotive grade microcontroller chips in our products. Over the years this has been great in terms of reliability and availability, but due to the worldwide chip shortage we now find ourselves competing with automotive manufacturers for the chips needed to produce our products.

This recent batch of G-Belts and GS-5 G-Seats may be the last until microcontroller chips are again readily available.
Love mine, and Simcommander is still by far the best software

My g belt arrived yesterday and it was sort of a struggle to set up. Windows had a hard time finding the drivers, sim commander thought the left belt was the right, and the right was the left. I had it mounted using the universal brackets, but only one side needed to be set to inverted.

My initial impression on the gbelt was a little lack luster, but that was due to the messed up default settings in sim commander. Once I figured it out I was impressed, but I need more seat time.

One thing I think I will change is the mounting point. I have it mounted on the "ground" with the straps going up and over the belt loops on the seat. Because of that, I believe I am feeling too much downward force which I don't really like. I'm going to try and mount it with the belts shoulder height.

Can we confirm that 125% does not clip? I like feeling the stronger forces. I have everything on except acceleration.

Last edited:
My g belt arrived yesterday and it was sort of a struggle to set up. Windows had a hard time finding the drivers, sim commander thought the left belt was the right, and the right was the left. I had it mounted using the universal brackets, but only one side needed to be set to inverted.

My initial impression on the gbelt was a little lack luster, but that was due to the messed up default settings in sim commander. Once I figured it out I was impressed, but I need more seat time.

One thing I think I will change is the mounting point. I have it mounted on the "ground" with the straps going up and over the belt loops on the seat. Because of that, I believe I am feeling too much downward force which I don't really like. I'm going to try and mount it with the belts shoulder height.

Can we confirm that 125% does not clip? I like feeling the stronger forces. I have everything on except acceleration.
Initially I had mine mounted the same, at ground level, I've since moved it so it's level with my shoulders and it's much better!

I don't know how you tell if it's clipping, other than it doing some weird things (it used to rapidly pulse when it clipped, I've not noticed it for a while though so maybe they fixed that bug with an update)

@brasstacks - Microsoft made some changes recently where they don't simply install the drivers automatically anymore. Instead, you need to select them from the optional drivers section of Windows Updates. We're trying to sort out why and if there is a way around this to make it a few less clicks during the initial setup.

Once the drivers are installed, I highly suggest simply using cloud tuning.

With cloud tuning, you should only need one profile per game and it will have optimal settings that don't clip during normal racing.

To get cloud-designated profiles, simply auto-discover from the main screen like so:

HowToAutoDiscover.gif

You basically just launch a cloud-designated profile (one with the cloud icon).

Also, I would advise making your first experiments with cloud tuning using a default profile. If you have already modified the settings of a cloud profile, you can reset it to defaults like so:

HowToResetToDefaults.gif

If after driving a variety of cars, tracks, you find a common theme as to what you want to change, then you can enable/disable effects and increase/decrease effect intensity, as all of these user preferences remain across cloud tuning sessions as you drive different cars and tracks.

Basically, every setting that you see on this screen is a user preference:

View attachment 423566

When you drill-down to settings deeper than this, some of those settings are set automatically by cloud tuning.

There is no easier way to get dialed in than cloud tuning. It automates what would otherwise be many hours of iterative tuning by feel.

@brasstacks - Microsoft made some changes recently where they don't simply install the drivers automatically anymore. Instead, you need to select them from the optional drivers section of Windows Updates. We're trying to sort out why and if there is a way around this to make it a few less clicks during the initial setup.

Once the drivers are installed, I highly suggest simply using cloud tuning.

With cloud tuning, you should only need one profile per game and it will have optimal settings that don't clip during normal racing.

To get cloud-designated profiles, simply auto-discover from the main screen like so:

HowToAutoDiscover.gif

You basically just launch a cloud-designated profile (one with the cloud icon).

Also, I would advise making your first experiments with cloud tuning using a default profile. If you have already modified the settings of a cloud profile, you can reset it to defaults like so:

HowToResetToDefaults.gif

If after driving a variety of cars, tracks, you find a common theme as to what you want to change, then you can enable/disable effects and increase/decrease effect intensity, as all of these user preferences remain across cloud tuning sessions as you drive different cars and tracks.

Basically, every setting that you see on this screen is a user preference:

View attachment 423566

When you drill-down to settings deeper than this, some of those settings are set automatically by cloud tuning.

There is no easier way to get dialed in than cloud tuning. It automates what would otherwise be many hours of iterative tuning by feel.
Cloud tuning is great, except when it doesn't have enough data on the car and track, where it just does nothing and you have to exit the game and switch to a non-cloud profile.

Do you think there's a way you could create either a default to fall back on if cloud data isn't available, or a 'backup' non-cloud profile the user could choose so that it's automatically selected if there's no data?

Cloud tuning is great, except when it doesn't have enough data on the car and track, where it just does nothing and you have to exit the game and switch to a non-cloud profile.

Do you think there's a way you could create either a default to fall back on if cloud data isn't available, or a 'backup' non-cloud profile the user could choose so that it's automatically selected if there's no data?
If there is no data for the car/track combo, but there is data for the car on other tracks, we use the peaks observed across the combination of other tracks. If there is no data for the car on any track at all (again, this should be rare), then we take a guess at the peak vehicle performance data based on an average of all the vehicles we know about and fine tune that guess a bit with some logic and common sense. This scenario shouldn't happen very often, but it's not impossible. Even so, it should be a closer starting point than than any offered by competing, iterative, tune-by-feel software packages.

That said, the goal is obviously to have data for the precise car/track you are driving and fully automate the tuning. The more people that use Sim Commander, the better your experience will be.

Okay, cheers. I think the issue is probably exacerbated by the fact I run AMS2 mostly these days so a lot of the car / track combos are very new. I guess that'll naturally improve over time.

Another thing I was thinking of recently, I often find that the light braking or low downforce turns feel almost the same to me as the heavy braking and high downforce turns. Is there a way to make the low G effects lighter and high G effects heavier, like a non-linear curve?

BTW, hugely appreciate the quick response to my questions on here. I also got a 2nd hand GS-4 recently and you guys were great at getting me all setup via support emails. :) Still figuring out the best settings, but loving it so far!

Okay, cheers. I think the issue is probably exacerbated by the fact I run AMS2 mostly these days so a lot of the car / track combos are very new. I guess that'll naturally improve over time.

Another thing I was thinking of recently, I often find that the light braking or low downforce turns feel almost the same to me as the heavy braking and high downforce turns. Is there a way to make the low G effects lighter and high G effects heavier, like a non-linear curve?

BTW, hugely appreciate the quick response to my questions on here. I also got a 2nd hand GS-4 recently and you guys were great at getting me all setup via support emails. :) Still figuring out the best settings, but loving it so far!
You can increase the G force . Another very important thing is that you must have the belt very tight on your body so you can feel better the G-Belt forces.

Quick question. I have a Simvibe / SimCommander license from way back when I first got into sim racing. Does the G-Seat require the use of the code that you get sent when you purchase it, or does the license that I currently own perform the same function?

Quick question. I have a Simvibe / SimCommander license from way back when I first got into sim racing. Does the G-Seat require the use of the code that you get sent when you purchase it, or does the license that I currently own perform the same function?

We've been giving out free software upgrades for the last 10 years or so. If you ever bought a Sim Commander 3 license, then you should have a free Sim Commander 4 license showing in the 'My Orders' section of our website. It will be listed as a $0 order.

Any up to date installation of Sim Commander 4 will operate the G-Belt. If you don't have a license, one is provided with a G-Belt order.

Eh, if you want one, I would probably bite the bullet now. There's absolutely no guarantee that there will be stock for these sales. Look at the GPU market. I doubt anyone is waiting for Black Friday to grab a new graphics card. I know the GS-5 was in development, but at the start of getting serious into sims, I remember waiting YEARS to hear anything about restocking of the GS-4. Granted it's very prohibitive to get one in Australia but even if I wanted one there was no way of getting one.

Eh, if you want one, I would probably bite the bullet now. There's absolutely no guarantee that there will be stock for these sales. Look at the GPU market. I doubt anyone is waiting for Black Friday to grab a new graphics card. I know the GS-5 was in development, but at the start of getting serious into sims, I remember waiting YEARS to hear anything about restocking of the GS-4. Granted it's very prohibitive to get one in Australia but even if I wanted one there was no way of getting one.
I get what you're saying but it's not an essential equipment like a video card and at this price point I don't see these flying off the shelves in the same way a GPU would. Time could prove me wrong as you say but I rather wait a while longer to try and get a more reasonable price (for my budget).

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back