SimXperience G-Belt review

Only thing I don't care for is it can get a bit uncomfortable in the nether regions after a long session.

This is the reason I went with a 4 point harness on my rig. Of course, then the lap belts pulled up too much so I modified the system to pull the lap belts too. My actuator pulls all 4 points and this is the sweet spot IMHO.

This is the reason I went with a 4 point harness on my rig. Of course, then the lap belts pulled up too much so I modified the system to pull the lap belts too. My actuator pulls all 4 points and this is the sweet spot IMHO.

Yeah, that is the issue with the G-Belt as it stands, a 4 point harness doesn't really work as it needs the submarine belt in order to hold things in place. A six point harness might be more comfortable, but I have never used one.

I mounted mine over the belt tower behind my seat . I think this is the best solution as Barry from SRG said the the belt should pull horizontally on your shoulders rather than vertically . In the first 3-4 days I used 2 inch- 4 points harness then I bought a 3 inch a 6 points harness ( 3 inches)... and the feeling with the 6 points 3 inch is much better .
Ps: so I should firstly tighten my belts then launch SC4? Why Simxperience didn’t mention this ?

9A7B1714-FACB-4290-9B0A-AA67148D33A8.jpeg

How's the noise level on this belt tensioner guys?

Is it equally loud as the GS-5 since it's using the same servos, or is it much quieter?

How about adding an extra set at the bottom for the lower belts? :whistling:

care to share photos?

You can see it working in the video in my build thread. I don't want to pollute this thread with my gear. Just my opinions.:D

On the offiial forums they have said they have been tuned to be quieter.

Yes i know, but feedback from actual users is preferred.

"Quiet" from a company that sells a very noisy SCN5 motion system and an extremely loud GS-5 is subjective. Since these servos are pretty close to your ears, it's import to inform people correctly.

Yes i know, but feedback from actual users is preferred.

"Quiet" from a company that sells a very noisy SCN5 motion system and an extremely loud GS-5 is subjective. Since these servos are pretty close to your ears, it's import to inform people correctly.
Haha, fair enough. I mean I just tooK their answer to mean quieter than the GS-5 which would make them less noticeable since they make the most noise on my rig.

It turned out the right side servo and arm was loose. I have to tighten the two set screws on the the cam and now the unit runs perfectly. Although possible shipping vibrations caused this, I may look at using thread lock on screws going forward. I alerted SimXperience of this and they are looking at quality control to see why unit was shipped.

I have added race harness shoulder pads (Sparco) and a anti submarine strap to make it a 5 point setup. Pads make it much more comfortable during long stints.

Attachments

• IMG_1586.JPG
    IMG_1586.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 374
  • IMG_1584.JPG
    IMG_1584.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 604
I mounted mine over the belt tower behind my seat . I think this is the best solution as Barry from SRG said the the belt should pull horizontally on your shoulders rather than vertically . In the first 3-4 days I used 2 inch- 4 points harness then I bought a 3 inch a 6 points harness ( 3 inches)... and the feeling with the 6 points 3 inch is much better .
Ps: so I should firstly tighten my belts then launch SC4? Why Simxperience didn’t mention this ?

View attachment 415165
My issue ended up being loose set screws on right hand servo cam. You do not need to be belted in.

The G-Belt motors don't have to do nearly the work that the GS-5 motors do when they lift you, so we're able to run a much less aggressive motor profile on them. In general, the GS-5 isn't as loud as the SCN actuators and the G-Belt isn't as loud as the GS-5. With cloud-tuning and a default profile, I almost never notice the G-Belt, but the GS-5 is noticeable unless I have the surround speaker volume up or a headset on.

Despite having a generally salty taste in my mouth every time I deal with Simxperience I went ahead and ordered one. Perhaps I can provide a skeptics view a couple weeks down the road.

PS - For the record I am a firm believer in the GS-5 and rely on it daily, I just really dislike their software design choices and have not had pleasant interactions with the staff in the past (for the most part)

Last edited:
Update on my experience with the G-belt:

Now 8 hours or so into racing with it I tried turning it off and was surprised at how dead everything felt. The longer I spend with it the more I like it. FWIW I am racing Skippy and Formula cars in iRacing exclusively during this testing.

Four point belts are fine, though racing without pads on a 2” belts hurts. Would be surprised if 3” belts weren’t the same. I am using the Sparco seatbelt style four point harness that is incredibly easy to get in and out of. The braking effect is cool, but once you are up and running you don’t consciously notice it, though I am starting to feel like it is helping muscle memory in fast corners getting the turn in speed correct. Cornering effect really adds to the seats effect, but the big winner appears to be the bump effects. Gives you a lot more connected feel to the surface of the road. Overall I really recommend it.

That said, the software continues to be a mess and despite the urgings of a number of members here I can't square myself to use the cloud tuning as it does not update the profile to show the settings it is using. It's my understanding that I can't turn on the controller until I am completely strapped in which slows down my boot up process slightly. Can someone at SimXperience confirm the boot procedure and how the belts are calibrated each time the device is turned on?

Attachments

• image0.jpg
    image0.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 436
  • image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    715.8 KB · Views: 281
That said, the software continues to be a mess and despite the urgings of a number of members here I can't square myself to use the cloud tuning as it does not update the profile to show the settings it is using.

False - Cloud tuning will fill in the correct peak G-Force values for your G-Belt effect and you can simply expand these effects to see what values it filled in. So for example, if you go to the effect titled 'Braking' and open it to see its detailed settings, you will see that the G-Force value changed to represent the max G of the particular car/track combo you are on. Example below:

hXTed88.jpg

You would need to go through a time consuming multi-lap analysis in Motec to get the correct value that is auto-provided to you at no effort.

You literally launch a cloud-designated profile from the main screen and with zero effort, get a result that you couldn't calculate yourself in an hour with Motec given the number of laps that you would need to create histograms for and then merge them.

I'm not sure how we've failed to serve you in that process to the extent that you would call our efforts to provide a single-click process "a mess". I'm also not aware of any competing company that has absorbed the cost of collecting the millions of data points needed to provide such an effortless and accurate solution and then provide it to customers for free.

It's my understanding that I can't turn on the controller until I am completely strapped in which slows down my boot up process slightly.

False- I started seeing this misinformation in forums a few weeks ago and it's been regurgitated by enough folks that this incorrect advice has taken on a life of its own. In fact it's best to not be strapped in when the G-Belt calibrates. Once it has calibrated, you simply seat yourself, tighten your belts, and go drive.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea