SimXperience G-Belt review

B2E749AB-2256-4137-9F29-6CBFD2579B49.jpeg

I’m wearing a pretty baggy shirt so the material is all over the place, but my shoulders line up below my seat holes by a bit, and the belts are coming diagonally down instead of horizontally. If I understand correctly this isn’t optimal and I should position the g-belt a little lower (not by much)

I think your Gbelt location is fine. A couple of things. If you don’t route and terminate the belts properly you will lose effect(look closely at the instructions - are you terminating internally or externally. If the belts are accidentally not on the lever arms in the Gbelt unit, then regardless of proper termination, they won’t pull and you will barely feel anything. Finally, you should bump up the strength to 120. If you still don’t feel much I would say you have a fit problem, not enough resistance for the belts to tighten against, or an installation problem as I described above.

That mounting position looks absolutely fine. I wouldn't bother changing that at all, you will most likely not notice any difference if it's the only thing you change.

The profile I gave you should be set to 125% strength, so it should be more than enough to feel it. I would make sure that once you're in the car in the pits and the G-Belt has done its initial tension, then tighten your belts down to a tight, but still not uncomfortable strength. You really want the initial fit to be snug so that you feel every movement that the motor arms are pulling on the belt. As mentioned, the routing through the unit needs to be spot on otherwise there is nothing for it to pull on if it's not connected properly.

There are other tests that you can do to ensure that everything is done correctly or not. You can play with the offset and the mode. If you set to -50 offset and set to mode 2, X-treme mode, and still cannot feel anything then you definitely have the belts incorrectly routed within.

Thanks everyone, good to know I don’t have to remount it. I do feel the effects, but not as much as I would like. I definitely feel the braking and sometimes the gearshift on certain aggressive cars like old f1, everything else is pretty faint. I have it internally mounted and I’m pretty sure I did it correctly. I will experiment with the seatbelt mounting and the settings.

It might be one of those things where I have to acclimate to it, sort of like with motion where I wanted to feel a ton at first but then toned it down. I also have a lot of new tactile effects going on, so I’ll give it some more time.

I definitely feel the braking and sometimes the gearshift on certain aggressive cars like old f1, everything else is pretty faint.

I have it internally mounted and I’m pretty sure I did it correctly. I will experiment with the seatbelt mounting and the settings.

This is likely how you will increase the ability to feel things.

The G-Belt is greatly improved by having solid anti-submarine belts to use as an anchor to pull against. If the shoulder harness does not have a solid anchor and you do not have the seat belt tight, you will lose a lot of the feeling.

Thanks everyone, good to know I don’t have to remount it. I do feel the effects, but not as much as I would like. I definitely feel the braking and sometimes the gearshift on certain aggressive cars like old f1, everything else is pretty faint. I have it internally mounted and I’m pretty sure I did it correctly. I will experiment with the seatbelt mounting and the settings.

It might be one of those things where I have to acclimate to it, sort of like with motion where I wanted to feel a ton at first but then toned it down. I also have a lot of new tactile effects going on, so I’ll give it some more time.
Start by just focusing on braking and cornering. Do you feel what you think you should? It is not going to give you as much feedback as a Gbelt and gseat combined though.

An idea on how to mount Gbelt: the rollers facilitate the sliding and allow an excellent feeling ...

Attachments

• 1659794208350.jpg
    1659794208350.jpg
    335.4 KB · Views: 144
Jesus... I bought it and now I have import taxes to France of 460€!!!

That's 50% of the price!!

I really think that simexperience should indicate this. I suppose it's the same thing for other European countries (and elsewhere?). And I think simexperience have a very good estimate of taxes per country. Please provide this information to your customers before they decide to buy so that they don't get such huge surprise.
Anyone imported the g-belt to Germany? Temped to get one with the discount but I'm not looking forward to get robbed by customs.

Anyone imported the g-belt to Germany? Temped to get one with the discount but I'm not looking forward to get robbed by customs.
There should be an online calculator you can use.

Assuming it's the same as the UK then it'll basically be:
Product cost + delivery cost + VAT + import tax + courier customs charge + any foreign currency charge your bank has (this might be done with an inflated exchange rate rather than a percentage charge)

Same as anything you buy from the states or outside the EU.

Anybody have dimensions for a tower they built off a P1-X or similar to hold the G-Belt they would share. The back of my seat is not flat and I just don't think drilling the seat is best for me and I want to build a tower to hold the g Belt. I know it is not complicated, but I thought someone might have a design already that they know works well. I'm hoping to order the profile from Sim-Labs tonight to take advance of their sell on some other items. I guess if I don't hear back, I'll post up what ever I end up ordering. I was just thinking a couple short 40x80 pointed rearward with a lot of angle brackets. A couple 40x80 headed up vertically to the hight needed. One or two 40x40 going across to hold the g-Belt and stiffen. Any other better options designed by smarter people than me?

@Callsign BH Your amp rack, is that just a trolley with the amps stacked one on top of the other? I'm trying to work out what to do with mine. Was going to build a proper rack but not sure can be bothered. Mine are basically like yours but on the floor, resting on some pieces of profile to raise them from the carpet. They are sort of fine the way they are, but would be nice to at least get the front panels away from potential kicking reach.

@Callsign BH Your amp rack, is that just a trolley with the amps stacked one on top of the other? I'm trying to work out what to do with mine. Was going to build a proper rack but not sure can be bothered. Mine are basically like yours but on the floor, resting on some pieces of profile to raise them from the carpet. They are sort of fine the way they are, but would be nice to at least get the front panels away from potential kicking reach.
It is the Samson SRK8 amp rack.

Hi guys, since SimXperiance doesn't awnser me at all anymore!? maybe someone here can help.
I ordered the G-Belt but wasn't logged in to their website when placing the order.

Now I received the G-Belt over a week ago but the can't use it because Sim Commander software says that I don't have a licence for the product.

I made an account with the same email address that I used when ordering, but there are no orders in the account.
So the order is placed on my email address but is not linked to the account that I made later on.

I do have the Licence code for the software in my email, but can't enter it anywhere.

Any advice?

What do you mean they won't answer you anymore?
Were you communicating with them about this and they stopped?
Josh has been good to work with and usually responds within a day. I know people who got support very recently.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 64 29.2%
  • More leagues

Votes: 42 19.2%
  • Prizes

Votes: 45 20.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 27 12.3%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 14 6.4%