SimXperience G-Belt review

Got notice that my g-belt shipped yesterday, so I finally pulled the trigger and ordered a Crow 6 Point formula style belt as recommended. I think I am going to order some extrusion and build myself a tower behind the seat to mount to. Should cost a little over $120 based off estimates including fasters and shipping. I'm just not sure mounting to my seat would work well with my RaceTech fiberglass seat. It just is not very flat on the back and I think the side to side forces could cause problems. I also can't see how to get the cover off the seat, so I would need to drill through the fabric and padding if I mounted to the seat.

Got notice that my g-belt shipped yesterday, so I finally pulled the trigger and ordered a Crow 6 Point formula style belt as recommended. I think I am going to order some extrusion and build myself a tower behind the seat to mount to. Should cost a little over $120 based off estimates including fasters and shipping. I'm just not sure mounting to my seat would work well with my RaceTech fiberglass seat. It just is not very flat on the back and I think the side to side forces could cause problems. I also can't see how to get the cover off the seat, so I would need to drill through the fabric and padding if I mounted to the seat.
Nice! I think you will be happy. A tower can work fine, I have quite a basic one as I didnt want anything too massive sticking out the back of the rig. I am not sure what you are planning, all I can pass on is that I have had a more fancy one with a roller on bearings but it wasnt required. Now I just have it sliding over 4040 profile and no difference in feeling.

the active belts can easily overcome that small amount of friction.

I've got an NRG Prisma fiberglass seat and it doesn have a flat area either. The G-Belt bolt holes are lined up vertically. I used large washers on the inside of the seat and I've not had any issues.

I think constructing a frame is just wasted effort for this.

Last edited:
I've got an NRG Prisma fiberglass seat and it doesn have a flat area either. The G-Belt bolt holes are lined up vertically. I used large washers on the inside of the seat and I've not had any issues.

For a unit like the G-belt, that is designed to be mounted behind the belt feedthroughs, i also think not mounting it to the seat is just additional effort without benefits.

For how it actually feels, there is no benefit either way. Do what you are most happy with. I made my tower in the same time that it would have taken me to take my seat cover off, put it back on and ensure I was happy with the position.

Even if it did take an extra hour and you were happy to waste the time, whos going to care?

Btw have you done any comparison between the exciters without and with the G-Belt on the seat? I think those kind of exciters might not be designed to move a lot of mass.

Last edited:
Btw have you done any comparison between the exciters without and with the G-Belt on the seat? I think those kind of exciters might not be designed to move a lot of mass.

I think a larger impact is the fact that I've upgraded to a 6-point harness so I could cinch the belts tighter to maximize the effect of the G-Belt. When I cinched my harness tighter it pulled me further back into the seat. This was a large enough change in position that I felt the need to slide my NLRv3/Seat forward to compensate.

When you are firmly cinched down to the seat the effect of the exciters are much stronger. The flatter sections of my seat between it's ribs are not completely rigid and have some flex. My 4 exciters are positioned in these flatter areas and their effects are strong enough that I've dialed them back like I have the other transducers on my rig. This likely varies by seat. If I had a very rigid carbon fiber seat, the exciters may not work as well as they do on mine.

I feel the exciters very well in their current configuration and I'm very happy with what they add to the whole experience. I particularly like how they add to the speed effect.

I don't have the A/B test results you want, but unless people are typically cinching their harnesses tight as tight many of us with G-Belts are now, my guess is they are not feeling the full effects of the exciters.

I have the Racetech 4119w and it has bolts on the back which I can mount to. What model do you have?

Hopefully you got to work with Fred who runs crow. Great guy. It would be good for him to know the number of products going out the door that are for sim racing. He was able to work with me to get the exact design I needed for my rig. Currently a Racetech seat (amazing), and moving to a gSeat with Gbelt.

I opened the grommet that finished the hole the seatbelt goes through on one side of my seat's cover.

BoltedIn_6718.jpg

I did need a few small screws to hold the grommet back in place when I was done.
GrommetInstalled_6722.jpg

For how it actually feels, there is no benefit either way. Do what you are most happy with. I made my tower in the same time that it would have taken me to take my seat cover off, put it back on and ensure I was happy with the position.

Even if it did take an extra hour and you were happy to waste the time, whos going to care?
Do you have the dimensions of what you built still? I just kind of guessed at each size for the tower I was thinking of.

Lengths of various belts (based on my rig). Locations and number of cinches for making belts bigger and smaller. Multiple submarine belts for different size people, different color belts, black anodized hw.

Do you have the dimensions of what you built still? I just kind of guessed at each size for the tower I was thinking of.
I just took a dimension right off with a tape measure. If you look at the picture you can see that they can be quite simple, mine was cut with a mitre to follow the angle of the seat, secured to to 8020 at the bottom and with a brace.

Attachments

• 1650756974694.jpg
    1650756974694.jpg
    314.9 KB · Views: 88
Was wondering if anyone could shed some light on an issue I'm having with SimCommander. I can't seem to generate ANY laps from telemetry to build a profile for some new cars that do not have any autotune data. I set the profile I'm running to record ALL valid laps, but there are never any laps to generate from when creating a new profile. Somehow I've managed to do it ONCE for Assetto Corsa, but since then, I've tried to record some laps with the new 992 Cup car since there is no data for an autotune profile for it. It never records any laps. If someone can tell me the correct process to get this to work, that would be awesome.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 28 15.5%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 23 12.7%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 25 13.8%
  • Thursday

Votes: 24 13.3%
  • Friday

Votes: 64 35.4%
  • Saturday

Votes: 100 55.2%