SimXperience G-Belt review

You now don't enter the license code when installing the hardware and software it's all linked with your account.

Josh should be very quick to fix this if you log a ticket from their website. Something similar happened to me with my GS5 seat not linked to my account with the latest update and it got fixed in a day

Last edited:
Can agree completely. Support from SimXperience is very good from the times I've used it. Seems like a simple issue which won't take long to sort out. Keep in mind the time of year and places may still be getting back up and running after new year.

Time zones are a thing, too. So 1PM to you (not sure where in the world you live) and 1PM in the USA is going to most likely be different. Also, for AU it's Saturday so perhaps that's an issue as well being a weekend. Just chill out, don't stress and rest assured they will get you sorted.

Are you using your newly linked email as your login for the SC software? That's what you need to access the software. It will check back to home base whether your account has a SC license and also which products you have purchased. There are no longer any keys or codes to use (thank god, I hated forgetting to manually uninstall before a system format) so if you're waiting for one of those, you won't ever receive one.

Time zones are a thing, too. So 1PM to you (not sure where in the world you live) and 1PM in the USA is going to most likely be different. Also, for AU it's Saturday so perhaps that's an issue as well being a weekend. Just chill out, don't stress and rest assured they will get you sorted.

Are you using your newly linked email as your login for the SC software? That's what you need to access the software. It will check back to home base whether your account has a SC license and also which products you have purchased. There are no longer any keys or codes to use (thank god, I hated forgetting to manually uninstall before a system format) so if you're waiting for one of those, you won't ever receive one.
Ok, problem was solved correctly. All is working like a charm :)

Last edited:
Anyone imported the g-belt to Germany? Temped to get one with the discount but I'm not looking forward to get robbed by customs.
For the record, I only had to pay the VAT and a small processing fee (15€?). I got the G-belt during the 10% sale and ended up paying around 1200€ including customs. Very happy with the belt, though I'm looking forward to a model with more quiet motors (normally can't hear it during racing but occasionally you catch a hint of it moving).

Last edited:
For the record, I only had to pay the VAT and a small processing fee (15€?). I got the G-belt during the 10% sale and ended up paying around 1200€ including customs. Very happy with the belt, though I'm looking forward to a model with more quiet motors (normally can't hear it during racing but occasionally you catch a hint of it moving).
Are you sure and was that to Europe? Because on all imports you need to pay VAT (19% in Germany)

I paid $130 shipping to The Netherlands, so in total $1130 USD which is €1000, however I paid with paypal and just found out they have a 1 on 1 exchange rate so paid 1130 euro which is 1230 USD :speechless:

Import and VAT costs with Fedex were €250, so total €1380 (which is 1500 USD).

Are you sure and was that to Europe? Because on all imports you need to pay VAT (19% in Germany)

I paid $130 shipping to The Netherlands, so in total $1130 USD which is €1000, however I paid with paypal and just found out they have a 1 on 1 exchange rate so paid 1130 euro which is 1230 USD :speechless:

Import and VAT costs with Fedex were €250, so total €1380 (which is 1500 USD).
Yes, this was shipped to Germany. As I said I got it with the 10% discount, so what you paid sounds accurate. Not sure which exchange rate was used. One odd thing was that in the invoice it said $900 for the belt and $100 for the license, but didn't mention the shipping. So I was taxed for the license instead of the shipping but anyways it was more or less the same cost.

Last edited:
You should not have paid for a license..... That comes with the purchase of the belt. Something is off there. I paid only 999 USD for the unit and then around 120 or so for the shipping to Australia. Paid the usual import duties fee + GST (VAT) once it got to customs. ALl up it cost me around 1600 AUD.

G-Seat, on the other hand, will be well over $6.5K AUD for me to get one here.... Hence why I have not pulled the trigger on one of those yet.

You should not have paid for a license..... That comes with the purchase of the belt. Something is off there. I paid only 999 USD for the unit and then around 120 or so for the shipping to Australia. Paid the usual import duties fee + GST (VAT) once it got to customs. ALl up it cost me around 1600 AUD.

G-Seat, on the other hand, will be well over $6.5K AUD for me to get one here.... Hence why I have not pulled the trigger on one of those yet.
I didn't pay (extra) for the license, this was just what was written in the invoice. I suppose they split the cost to 900+99 for whatever reason - but didn't update the invoice with the sale.

As a small update, I noticed that the plastic brackets (through which the belt goes) are creaking a bit when the belt tightens, so I just started using some active noise cancellation headphones so I don't have to worry about the g-belt's noises. Even more fun to use now, in case someone is easily annoyed by noise.

More important update: pay attention to your intensities and if the G-belt is clipping. There is an issue where, at long braking zones, my g-belt would completely release momentarily (300-500ms) before tightening again, all while I'm still holding the brakes. Turns out I had the braking intensity way too high and clipping all over the place. Turned it down and now it works perfectly. The numbers don't matter because they will depend on how tight you have your belt to begin with, but the new settings are: 100% overall intensity, 120% braking intensity - which to be clear is perfectly adequate and probably what I would have ended up with eventually. Whether the device overheats or reaches some other limit I'm not sure, still talking with the manufacturer about it.

Further update: it looks like the issue of belt releasing unexpectedly happens because the belt stays at full tension for too long that the motor goes to sleep (for safety purposes?). However, and most importantly: it's only present if you only have the Braking effect active. So if you really only want the braking effect, just activate another effect at 1% and you're set. Not sure if it's a software thing or what's going on.

Last edited:
Has anyone had experience with both the g-belt and the TensionR systems? I've seen a few people that have used both recommend the TensionR, but also see a lot of people happy with the g-belt, so having a tough time deciding.

One review mentioned that the shoulder tensioning of the TensionR actually felt a bit better (subjective) compared to the g-belt that he described as feeling as being hugged instead of simulating driving forces.

Has anyone had experience with both the g-belt and the TensionR systems? I've seen a few people that have used both recommend the TensionR, but also see a lot of people happy with the g-belt, so having a tough time deciding.

One review mentioned that the shoulder tensioning of the TensionR actually felt a bit better (subjective) compared to the g-belt that he described as feeling as being hugged instead of simulating driving forces.

They have very different ways of doing things mechanically.
The TensionR works like a winch.
The G-Belt uses a tensioner arm which has a fixed runout for what I assume are safety reasons, but I've never asked.

From a software perspective the SRS software is much more limited than SimCommander. So the G-Belt has a lot more effects that work well. It also has cloud profiles for cars and tracks in most titles so it scales the amount of force to fit so there is no clipping. This helps give you a linear brake feeling no matter if you are braking with a miata or an F1 car.

I think the quality of what you feel and the types of feedback you can get will be better with the G-Belt.

If your concern is that the G-Belt won't make you feel like 2.5-3G of actual force in an F1 car, that would be correct. However for a sim it will give you a nice linear feel for how hard you are braking and I know a pile of people who love how it feels.

Last edited:
They have very different ways of doing things mechanically.
The TensionR works like a winch.
The G-Belt uses a tensioner arm which has a fixed runout for what I assume are safety reasons, but I've never asked.

From a software perspective the SRS software is much more limited than SimCommander. So the G-Belt has a lot more effects that work well. It also has cloud profiles for cars and tracks in most titles so it scales the amount of force to fit so there is no clipping. This helps give you a linear brake feeling no matter if you are braking with a miata or an F1 car.

I think the quality of what you feel and the types of feedback you can get will be better with the G-Belt.

If your concern is that the G-Belt won't make you feel like 2.5-3G of actual force in an F1 car, that would be correct. However for a sim it will give you a nice linear feel for how hard you are braking and I know a pile of people who love how it feels.
Do you know how the max force compares between the two? Sounds like the TensionR can give around 35kg max. Haven't seen any numbers for the G-Belt.

Do you know how the max force compares between the two? Sounds like the TensionR can give around 35kg max. Haven't seen any numbers for the G-Belt.

Sorry, I've never seen any numbers.

It feels as strong as I would want it.

I'm using a 3" wide harness to spread the load over my shoulders so it doesn't hurt. I highly recommend a 6 point belt to be more comfortable for the boys.

For anyone that's interested in trying it out, here is my current profile for the G-Belt. I spent a lot of today going through Simhub tactile effects while also tuning my G-Belt that I have not used since I had the seat off mounting the new tactile gear. I got used to not using it and just raced without it. Today, I finally went back in and tweaked the profile.

View attachment 520127

View attachment 520128

I've attached the profile to easily import into SC. Just need to remove the .txt file name at the end and import using the + button at the bottom to add/import a profile.

Post some feedback if you decide to give it a go. A brief note on it, I've increased the offset to 50, which enables further throw on the braking direction of the motor arms. To make more use of the travel, I've increased the Intensity to 140%. All effects are balanced around the 100% value of the Brake effect. I've left it on the Default mode as opposed to Xtreme that I had it on before. My main goal was to make sure I could feel all the effects, without it actually impeding my driving by being too tight into the apex and through the mid corner.

The good thing about the G-belt is everyone should have exactly the same hardware and similar mounting position, as opposed to tactile which is much more personalised and individual across many set ups.
Hi, I know this is is old post but there is do little in depth on g belt. Just installed mine and am a bit lost. Spoke with simxperience support and they were no sure which effects the belt on its own supports. I am interested in dirt rally and iracing have you done any further work on settings? Thanks

Hi, I know this is is old post but there is do little in depth on g belt. Just installed mine and am a bit lost. Spoke with simxperience support and they were no sure which effects the belt on its own supports. I am interested in dirt rally and iracing have you done any further work on settings? Thanks
There really isn't much to it setting up the G Belt especially compared to other SimXperience devices such as Accuforce, SimVibe and GS5 seat.

What is it exactly that you are struggling with?

Last edited:
Settings I use are:

Acceleration 70%
Braking 100%
Cornering 70%
Bumps 50%
Gear shift effect (must set this up manually) (Set as high as you like)

In settings I use 50 offset, 4 smoothing (default), 100% overall (most of the time), normal motor mode (not mode 2 Xtreme).

That's pretty much it.

I just bought a pair of these RJS harness cushion pads, the harness is so much more comfortable now when wearing a t-shirt. Before the harness would cut into my shoulders over time.

I recommend them for G Belt owners, lots of rip off cheap ones on Ebay and amazon but they don't seem to have the padding that these ones have.

1682007240580.png

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back