SimXperience G-Belt review

I finally got my G-belt today, but am having some problems getting it to work correctly in iRacing. At first I wasn't feeling the tension that much, and then realized that the max G-forces were set way too high for 100% (6G) for the car I was driving (992 Cup). The auto-tune wizard set it to 1.8G which seems about right, but the problem is that one of my belts (right side) oscillates from full tension to 0% tension constantly when braking (~ 3-5 times a second). Only one belt is doing this and not the other. I can't figure out what may be causing the problem. Does it matter which ports I'm plugged into on the control box? There were 4 choices, and I just randomly picked 2 of them.

Auto tune should work for that car so definitely use that where you can. I would only mess with a profile's parameters if SC notifies you that there is no data for that car.

On the operation malfunctions, make sure you are properly connected at the control box. Ensure that all plugs are seated correctly and are not half sticking out. I've had times where I've messed with my rig and the cable plugs wiggle loose due to not having a security tab on them. I think the white ones do but the black ones do not, so they can easily come loose. Perhaps you could share some screenshots of your SC setup and we can see if there is anything that is set up incorrectly. I drive the Cup car and I know that it performs how I'd expect it to. Also, check using ALL ports and retest. dMASS had an issue where it appears that one port was faulty. After changing ports, all operated as expected.

Last edited:
Auto tune should work for that car so definitely use that where you can. I would only mess with a profile's parameters if SC notifies you that there is no data for that car.

On the operation malfunctions, make sure you are properly connected at the control box. Ensure that all plugs are seated correctly and are not half sticking out. I've had times where I've messed with my rig and the cable plugs wiggle loose due to not having a security tab on them. I think the white ones do but the black ones do not, so they can easily come loose. Perhaps you could share some screenshots of your SC setup and we can see if there is anything that is set up incorrectly. I drive the Cup car and I know that it performs how I'd expect it to. Also, check using ALL ports and retest. dMASS had an issue where it appears that one port was faulty. After changing ports, all operated as expected.

Ahh thank you! I changed the port that my right belt was attached too and now it is working great! I'm now using the two ports in the middle of the box, whereas my right belt was attached to one of the side ports previously.

Makes me wonder then that it might be a systematic thing, which ports to use. Since this is the second time in a couple days I've heard of this happening. My first attempt was fine, had no issues with ports giving varying results.

Hope you're enjoying it now. G-Belt is a GREAT addition to any simrig.

I've attached my profile for anyone that wants to give it a crack. Remove the .txt at the end and import via SimCommander.

Attachments

• G-Belt_profile.IADF.txt
    27.6 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Yeah but the cloud profiles do not assign the effects and their strengths. The only thing the auto tune does is set the parameters of G load for the car you're driving. You still need to assign the effects you want to use and the strength of those effects. That's what my profile is.

Ok, I was able to run some more laps today to get a better feel of the G-belt along with the rest of my motion setup. I haven't run with a belt before, so being held tight in place against the seat took a bit of getting used to as well. I also found that I had to turn up the VR compensation (NLR) for pitch and roll a bit, as my head/neck are now forced to move more in unison with the seat movement.

I do like the feeling of being strapped in the seat, as that alone adds to the immersion and experience. I only have the G-Belt set to do acceleration, braking and turning. The effect is definitely really cool and immersive. The only thing missing now is actual g-forces!

I have the G-Belt mounted using the universal bracket at the bottom of the seat. I actually found that it seems to pull fine on the straps, but didn't like how the holes in my seat were angled at the bottom. I ended up 3D printing a piece that provides a nice level place for the belt to rest on. The piece just clips onto the existing hole.

IMG_5574.jpg

The Crow harness works great and is comfortable. Thanks again @RCHeliguy for the recommendation.

Has anyone tried the G-Belt with a 2" belt versus a 3"? I'm curious if you would feel a 2" belt even more.

Ok, I was able to run some more laps today to get a better feel of the G-belt along with the rest of my motion setup. I haven't run with a belt before, so being held tight in place against the seat took a bit of getting used to as well. I also found that I had to turn up the VR compensation (NLR) for pitch and roll a bit, as my head/neck are now forced to move more in unison with the seat movement.

I do like the feeling of being strapped in the seat, as that alone adds to the immersion and experience. I only have the G-Belt set to do acceleration, braking and turning. The effect is definitely really cool and immersive. The only thing missing now is actual g-forces!

I have the G-Belt mounted using the universal bracket at the bottom of the seat. I actually found that it seems to pull fine on the straps, but didn't like how the holes in my seat were angled at the bottom. I ended up 3D printing a piece that provides a nice level place for the belt to rest on. The piece just clips onto the existing hole.

View attachment 563664

The Crow harness works great and is comfortable. Thanks again @RCHeliguy for the recommendation.

Has anyone tried the G-Belt with a 2" belt versus a 3"? I'm curious if you would feel a 2" belt even more.
Please don't take this the wrong way, but my guess is that if you mounted it directly on the seat back, you wouldn't be asking for more.

In my experience 2" is painful and cuts into you. 3" distributes the load well enough that you feel a solid pull, but it doesn't hurt.

If it gives you a reference point, I originally started with 3" Rally pads, on my harness but found they took some feeling away and that I could handle the bare 3" belts over my shirt.

BTW if you look back through the thread, you'll see some people who started with 4 point harness and said it worked well and then they got a harness with anti-submarine belts and noticed a big difference.

The same has gone for people mounting the G-Belt low and later mounted it to the back of the seat.

Last edited:
Please don't take this the wrong way, but my guess is that if you mounted it directly on the seat back, you wouldn't be asking for more.

In my experience 2" is painful and cuts into you. 3" distributes the load well enough that you feel a solid pull, but it doesn't hurt.

If it gives you a reference point, I originally started with 3" Rally pads, on my harness but found they took some feeling away and that I could handle the bare 3" belts over my shirt.

I'm not really asking for more, as I definitely feel the solid pull and it feels well distributed. For reference though, I rode around with an instructor in a 991.2 GT3 at Laguna Seca with the stock belts, and you definitely feel that 2" belt cutting into you under braking :). It was quite uncomfortable actually, but fun!

I took my pads off, too. Felt the belts way more without them, and more comfortable actually because they pull right against your body instead of having like a lump there where the pads are. I would suggest that 2" lap and crotch belts are most likely better at 2" is it's an advantage to not have as much material down there. The shoulder straps though I would always keep at 3" for reasons that Mark mentioned above. I cannot foresee a scenario where 2" belts did a better job of creating better feeling than 3" across the torso.

I have a follow up to a question I posted a while ago but got no feedback on. I managed to get iRacing to record my telemetry laps now, same as AC. But ACC for whatever reason will not record ANY telemetry for me to create a new profile with the new cars for. It's highly annoying. I had an "a hah" moment last night when I realised I had not set any telemetry laps to be recorded within the setup and thought that must be why it's not saving any of my laps. Well that didn't turn out to be true either. So I am stuck without an auto profile for the 992 Cup car which I drive weekly without a simple way to create a profile for it.

Can someone try to record some ACC laps and let me know if it works for them? I am also about to send a ticket to SimXperience asking why it's not doing what it's supposed to.

Just a quick update on how I'm using my G-Belt. Originally I was using a 6 point harness but after experiencing a bit of discomfort in the crotch area I took out the crotch strap and am now just using my belt as a 4 point. Basically no difference and more convenient and comfortable. Just make sure the lap belts are nice and tight.

I went back to using the 4 point after having a "3 point" system in place for some time. 3 point being the 2 shoulder belts and the anti-sub belt under the seat. No lap belts. I actually hated the way the 4 point felt after getting used to the 3 point. It's actually way more comfortable not having the lap belts and I do feel like it gives much better feedback. Before trying it, I had no issues with the 4 point and also stated that I would not bother changing. So I guess it depends on the person really. The great thing is the belts are very very easy to connect and remove this way, takes me literally 2 seconds to get strapped in.

I went back to using the 4 point after having a "3 point" system in place for some time. 3 point being the 2 shoulder belts and the anti-sub belt under the seat. No lap belts. I actually hated the way the 4 point felt after getting used to the 3 point. It's actually way more comfortable not having the lap belts and I do feel like it gives much better feedback. Before trying it, I had no issues with the 4 point and also stated that I would not bother changing. So I guess it depends on the person really. The great thing is the belts are very very easy to connect and remove this way, takes me literally 2 seconds to get strapped in.
I might give the 3 point idea a go, would save the hassle of the lap belts :thumbsup:

I was using my 5-point harness with just 4 points for a while, but the effects are clearly better if attaching the middle-belt as well without sacrificing any comfort other than the time to fix one more.

Just got a g-belt and haven't been feeling the belts as much as I'd hoped. After looking at some images here I think I installed my g-belt too high on my seat. A shame as it was a pain in the butt to balance and get in the holes I drilled at the same. Instead of going through a bunch of trial and error drilling holes I think I'd rather build a tower.

Not sure how anyone else here built one, did you use angle brackets to attach it to profile?

Just got a g-belt and haven't been feeling the belts as much as I'd hoped. After looking at some images here I think I installed my g-belt too high on my seat. A shame as it was a pain in the butt to balance and get in the holes I drilled at the same. Instead of going through a bunch of trial and error drilling holes I think I'd rather build a tower.

Not sure how anyone else here built one, did you use angle brackets to attach it to profile?
Pics?

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 64 29.2%
  • More leagues

Votes: 42 19.2%
  • Prizes

Votes: 45 20.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 27 12.3%
  • Forum trophies