'SimShaker - Wheels' support thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

=Andre=

Andre
Here you can get help with "SimShaker - Wheels" issues and questions.

SimShaker - Wheels is a mediation software between a supported car simulation game and Gametrix JetSeat or well known Buttckicker hardware to provide immersing event driven vibration FXs (special effects).
Currently supported PC titles: iRacing, Assetto Corsa, Automobilista, rFactor 2, DiRT Rally, Project CARS, Project CARS2, ETS2, ATS, F1 2016/2017 and RRRE.
Currently supported console titles: F1 2016.

Last edited:
I've just re-cheked 2.39 with rfactor 2 and it works fine at my PC. I think there should be some reason if it doesn't work at yours after the update. May be a firewall blocks?

Upvote 0
Andrei-

Don't know what happened but when SSW tries to start up from the launcher - either manually or auto detecting the sim - I can't get the configuration screen to show. The second icon shows on the Windows taskbar so it is active but I can't get to it. Also, SSW has reset to the soundcard I use for audio rather than tactile feedback. I know this from if I have, say, a YouTube video playing with audio directed to my speakers and I start up SSW - when I go to do a manual start, the video errors. I assume this is from SSW taking control of the soundcard.

I've tried uninstalling/re-installing SSW. I've also set the config file's Exclusive_Soundcard_Control Value="False" but it still kills any app using the same soundcard as SSW. Is there any way to set the soundcard without having to start up SSW?

A few other details: I've tried both the official release version and your current beta v2.39. I hadn't raced for a bit then updated the firmware on my Fanatec GT3 wheel. Can't see how that would be a factor but that's the only thing I can think of that I changed within my environment. The last Windows update was on 7/10 so that's not it. SV is working fine so it isn't the soundcard I use for tactile.

Anyway, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0
I haven't encountered such a strange behaviour before. May be antiviral software blocks?
Please look also for errors with Source = .Net Runtime in Windows Event Viewer (see screenshot attached)

Attachments

• 2018-07-30 18-32-34 Computer Management.png
    2018-07-30 18-32-34 Computer Management.png
    67.7 KB · Views: 358
Upvote 0
Yeah. It's really weird. Nothing in the Event Viewer. I tried SSW a couple times but nothing is going into the log.

hz7fgEI.jpg

Maybe try uninstalling and delete all install folders? Though that kills one of my use licenses doesn't it?

Upvote 0
May be it's just beyond of the screen borders?, since the app remembers the last position.
What if you try to press Restore button on SSW Launcher window before you start the SSW application itself?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
[QUOTE = "= Andre =, poste: 2798500, membre: 244574"] Je viens de re-cheked 2.39 avec rfactor 2 et il fonctionne très bien sur mon PC. Je pense qu'il devrait y avoir une raison si cela ne fonctionne pas chez vous après la mise à jour. Peut-être un bloc pare-feu? [/ QUOTE]

the problem is solved without me doing anything. Sorry for the inconvenience

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering