'SimShaker - Wheels' support thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

=Andre=

Andre
Here you can get help with "SimShaker - Wheels" issues and questions.

SimShaker - Wheels is a mediation software between a supported car simulation game and Gametrix JetSeat or well known Buttckicker hardware to provide immersing event driven vibration FXs (special effects).
Currently supported PC titles: iRacing, Assetto Corsa, Automobilista, rFactor 2, DiRT Rally, Project CARS, Project CARS2, ETS2, ATS, F1 2016/2017 and RRRE.
Currently supported console titles: F1 2016.

Last edited:
Hi fellow Simshaker users. I just bought Sim wheels and the 6 channel add on. For some reason I cannot get the sub, center channels to activate in Pcars 2 while in game. If I go to the test page of Simwheels and press test, all 6 transducers fire. When I go back into the game and drive, no signal to the sub/center transducers. Anyone have any ideas on how to troubleshoot?

Current setup
Gigabyte Z170 Gaming 7 mobo, i7 6700k, Xonar DGX sound card for Simshaker in 5.1 mode,
2 -ADX Maximus for front L/R plugged in line out, 2 - BK Advanced for reat L/R plugged in rear out, 1 BK LFE concert under seat and 1 TST 239 under pedal plate plugged into sub/center out.
Latest version of SimWheels, 6CH add on, and ASIO 4U driver

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Lol, I might have just found the answer. As I currently understand it by looking at the user guide, none of the files have any waveforms going to sub and center. So...if I want shifts and engine only to go to the seat and pedals, I need to open the shift and engine wav and copy any of wav file and paste them into the sub and center lanes of the multi wav file. Then I copy this file to the custom folder.
I just need someone to confirm that I am on the right track here before downloading Audacity and screwing the whole thing up.....
thanks

Upvote 0
Lol, I might have just found the answer. As I currently understand it by looking at the user guide, none of the files have any waveforms going to sub and center. So...if I want shifts and engine only to go to the seat and pedals, I need to open the shift and engine wav and copy any of wav file and paste them into the sub and center lanes of the multi wav file. Then I copy this file to the custom folder.
I just need someone to confirm that I am on the right track here before downloading Audacity and screwing the whole thing up.....
thanks
Yes, that's about like that.

Upvote 0
Hi, I know that the game "F1 2017" is supported for SimShaker Wheels software and the JetSeat-hardware. Therefore my question: is the new game "F1 2018" also already supported (it was released today! Will it work out of the box?) or will it be supported in the future (when? how? Update?)

Upvote 0
Guys, I think I need a few days to get acquaintance with the new game telemetry. The game is just released, I'm just back home from my vacation... I hope you understand me :)

Currently anyone can try to enable "forced" F1 2016 or 2017 mode at SSW Advanced Options tab, may be that will work out with F1 2018 as well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ahh, one more question: where do I find this "advanced options"-tab?
simshakerwheels.JPG

Upvote 0
Thank you for the info. But unfortunately it doesn't work. It does open a new window, but I can't see it, it seems to be outside of my monitors. I know this sounds strange. So I can even press Alt+Tab to cycle between the windows; and I see the little preview of the window in the taskbar, but as soon as I want to open it it disappears. Perhaps it has to do with my triple-surround-monitor setup and/or the fact that I have an Oculus Rift, which could also be detected as a viewing-device. Never experienced such a behaviour before. Normally I use the software and the jetseat-hardware with Assetto Corsa or Project Cars 2 for example. I use auto-start enabled and I never had problems with it. But it seems that I can't manually start the program (only the launcher). Strange! Any ideas?

Upvote 0
If it's really outside of your monitors borders Restore button on SSW Launcher window should help.

Regarding F1 2018 support
I'm currently testing SSW version 2.39 (beta) with F1 2018, using Legacy (not 2018) format in F1 2018 UDP telemetry settings. Seems to work well.
SimShaker - Wheels   Version 2.39   Game mode  F1_2017 .png

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thank you Andre. The "Restore"-button did the trick. Now I can see the window. But my "Advanced Options"-menu looks a bit different that yours. Maybe because I have Version 2.37 and you have 2.39 (beta). Instead of "Game Mode Selection" it reads "Forced Game Mode" in my case. And in this drop down menu I can only choose "F1_2016" (but not "F1_2017" like in your screenshot).
Any ideas?
Is it normal, that I only have 2.37 or how can I update to newer versions?

Upvote 0
That's quite normal, since I added all other supported games to the dropdown list only in 2.39
F1 2016 and 2107 telemetry are pretty similar, so you can use either 2.37 or 2.39.
To get beta version please read through SSW User Guide.

Upvote 0
Thank you for helping me so fast Andre. But I still have a problem to get it working (Sorry for being such a noob ;-)).
Unfortunately I get no rumble effects at all with my jetseat when playing F1 2018 (although I tried it with Project Cars 2 for example just to make sure that the jetseat is working and here it worked normally). In F1 2018 it's dead :-(

Here's ALL what I did:
In SSW (normal, official Version 2.37) I used "Manual Start" as you told me.
Then I switched to "advanced options".
There I loaded the "F1_2017"-preset (as there is of course no F1_2018-preset yet).
Then I enabled the "Forced Game Mode" and chose "F1_2016" (my only option as I wrote above).

In My Documents Folder under MyGames/F1 2018/hardwaresettings/hardware_settings_config.xml I changed "udp enabled = false" to TRUE. (like it's written in the SSW UserGuide for "F1 2017").

In game (F1 2018) in the game options I went to the "Telemetry data"-options and checked that UDP Telemetry was turned ON. (I tried it with Broadcast Mode on and off, but nothing helped; I tried the UDP format with "2018" and also with "older format" or something like that but nothing helped.).

Did I miss something? Would be nice if you could help me again. Thank you!

Upvote 0
Please check UDP port in the game settings, since its number is different for 2016 and 2017 inside SSW.
F1_2016 - port should be 29373 (your case)
F1_2017 - port should be 20777

Upvote 0
Anyone have a link to Mr. Latte's files?

After the fallout, it appears he has taken them all offline.

I'm not an audio engineer and would like the files to give me an idea of whats different between the supplied files and the customised files.

Perhaps PM me?

Thanks

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 79 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 58 9.2%
  • < 3 years