'SimShaker - Wheels' support thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

=Andre=

Andre
Here you can get help with "SimShaker - Wheels" issues and questions.

SimShaker - Wheels is a mediation software between a supported car simulation game and Gametrix JetSeat or well known Buttckicker hardware to provide immersing event driven vibration FXs (special effects).
Currently supported PC titles: iRacing, Assetto Corsa, Automobilista, rFactor 2, DiRT Rally, Project CARS, Project CARS2, ETS2, ATS, F1 2016/2017 and RRRE.
Currently supported console titles: F1 2016.

Last edited:
I had a thought of testing without customized files. Let me try that first. If I'm good then I can figure out which one is causing the issue.

Let's hope that all it really is! I'll post back and let you know. If that doesn't work out, then I'll PM you with all the requested info.

Thanks much, Andre!

Upvote 0
Well, I'll be! That was it!!

I just did 6 laps at Monza with zero crashes... uh... SSW that is. :p

I'll take it from here, Andre, and figure out which one of my customized waveforms is causing the error. Thanks much!! I'm glad I'm back with SSW!!

Upvote 0
Andre-

I've attached screenshots of the actual error message I get and screenshots of the 3 errors Windows' Event logs provides.

I tried the new profile account but I'm getting the same error.

Hope you see something since for now, I simply can't run SSW. It starts up fine but when I'm ready to drive in the sim, I can feel SSW provide feedback but it then crashes within, say, 15 seconds or so. Please note, I was having zero issues up till about a week ago.

Thanks much!

The (1st) error message comes up for me when you have a .wav that does not match the SSW configuration being used. For example, SSW set to 6 channel mode and an effect created/saved but not using also the same config (6 channels) instantly crashes.

Upvote 0
Andre,

My own file creation and testing continues (over 20 hours in past week) some excellent progress made.
Something I wanted to ask. If I want to use a .wav created long enough that can have a fade in effect and is unlikely to repeat/loop do you see any issues/problems? Let's say a .wav file being 20-30 seconds long?

I presume if the effect (user input) has the actual effect active for long periods (many seconds) then it is unbroken and not looping?

The reason I ask is I am testing on Daytona Road track for Lateral G and have a looped waveform in operation but then also a slight bass sweep that is applied over the duration (eg if I create the file as 10 sec 20 sec long). The purpose here is to feel not just a repeated loop sensation but some degree of variation also. As Lat G works so well with L/R stereo imaging I have implemented within my latest trials a sensation of mild/slight abrasion to help combine the load effect with a tarmac feel. This seems to be working well so far and combines well with wheel slip and road surface own effects being used.

Still experimenting but some input appreciated...

Upvote 0
If the game gets paused or input data is changed abruptly only looped effects playback will be stopped, since I assume that normally samples are pretty short. G-effects, Tyre Sleep/Wear/Lock, Engine Beat are looped.

Upvote 0
If the game gets paused or input data is changed abruptly only looped effects playback will be stopped, since I assume that normally samples are pretty short. G-effects, Tyre Sleep/Wear/Lock, Engine Beat are looped.

Ahh excellent and yeah I was noticing some activity when I paused.

Forgot to mention that I now understand better the threshold for "Deceleration" and in ways we can use it to suit users preferences. In tests I noticed it was possible to have 100% gain applied with a suitable amplitude of .wav to feel more activity/sensitivity with just letting off the throttle. If a user does not want that. We can apply a .wav with a higher amplitude but use less gain on the slider control. This seems to then have the effect operate mainly via increased pedal depression % being applied.

Upvote 0
Forgot to mention that I now understand better the threshold for "Deceleration" and in ways we can use it to suit users preferences. In tests I noticed it was possible to have 100% gain applied with a suitable amplitude of .wav to feel more activity/sensitivity with just letting off the throttle. If a user does not want that we can apply a .wav with a higher amplitude but use less gain on the slider to have this effect operate mainly with a higher brake pedal depression % being applied.
Yes, currently that should work this way.
If calculated dynamic gain gets more than 100% (which corresponds to high gain slider values) internal logic limits it at 100% level and you can take advantage of that.

Upvote 0
Having the road effects separate from the bump effects and being able to adjust those makes a difference to be able to separate them in project cars 2. I can still feel the road without hitting a rubble strip and having to much effect.

Upvote 0
Indeed Andre, I too played around with more creation on waveforms and now have achieved superb files for bumps, got them being really enjoyable. For the most part, this does exactly what we wanted, Nice road surface detail but firm rebound feel with bigger bumps (not just a punch feel).

Also played about and found using the "mono" bump (for both wheels) and having this not use the same actual waveforms but to bring an added character with a nice weighty but smooth low-frequency hum type sensation. It seems to work well when the car is going over some curbs or road surface areas. I did this for both surface/road with their own Hz being used and it feels great on the big units using a waveform with as low as 5Hz detailing.

If at some point your able to improve the stereo left/right & front/back to bring the individual wheel operation it's going to be friggin awesome. If you crack this, finding/using the appropriate telemetry data, does that mean its possible to have it for road/surface, road bumps and wheelslip?

Thanks again...

Upvote 0
We'll see.
Currently I'm playing around with 4 wheels tire wear data which are exposed in appropriate manner in some games (PCars1/2, RRRE), next step may be 4 wheels slip data. Bumps/surface may be the hardest part.

Upvote 0
We'll see.
Currently I'm playing around with 4 wheels tire wear data which are exposed in an appropriate manner in some games (PCars1/2, RRRE), next step may be 4 wheels slip data. Bumps/surface may be the hardest part.

Look forward to this as find the wheel slip can give a great indication of the car's handling.
By paying attention whilst driving to minimise it. Not sure if others feel the same but I'm finding it helps me drive smoother and improve consistency in lap times.

To be able to detect more slip, per individual wheel/tyre should feel really good.

Upvote 0
agreed 4 wheel slip would be amazing, followed by bumps / surface. I would probably stick to just Front and Rear wheels in stereo given how hard it would be to isolate the front of my rig to get good differentiation from front right and front left wheels. But someone with a rig that offers better isolation would surely love 4 wheel feedback. keep at it!

Upvote 0
I consider playing wheel slip as a bit tricky. I think slip itself doesn't produces vibration, if the wheel is balanced.
Let's say we are driving an icy road, there will be a lot of slip but very little vibration and wearing tire yelling.
Let's say we are cornering at tarmac, there will be not too much slip, but pretty noticeable yelling and vibration.
I'd prefer to base effect on tire wear data wherever that's possible (Project Cars1/2, RRRE, rFactor2-wise).
I've found tire wear data available only on pit-stops in iRacing what makes them useless for me and weird (poor?) wear data in AC, what makes me to use wheel slip data to play the effect in case of AC.
Currently, if I use slip data, in most cases I flip left and right side of the effect, since while cornering the inner side is unloaded and experiences more slip, but less wear, the outer side is loaded and experiences less slip but more wear.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 383 16.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 258 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 250 10.6%
  • < 4 years