'SimShaker - Wheels' support thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

=Andre=

Andre
Here you can get help with "SimShaker - Wheels" issues and questions.

SimShaker - Wheels is a mediation software between a supported car simulation game and Gametrix JetSeat or well known Buttckicker hardware to provide immersing event driven vibration FXs (special effects).
Currently supported PC titles: iRacing, Assetto Corsa, Automobilista, rFactor 2, DiRT Rally, Project CARS, Project CARS2, ETS2, ATS, F1 2016/2017 and RRRE.
Currently supported console titles: F1 2016.

Last edited:

=Andre=

Andre
Hi ANDRE,
Just trying to buy the software but there is an issue with paypal "merchant wont allow" or similar message
Unfortunately merchant to merchant transactions are restricted according to local law.
If you have a mate who owns a private PayPal account I could sent a bill to him via PayPal/

Upvote 0
Unfortunately merchant to merchant transactions are restricted according to local law.
If you have a mate who owns a private PayPal account I could sent a bill to him via PayPal/
Gutted, I only have a business one, how much is it in £ and i will see if i have a friend who can do it.
If not is it possible to send you the money direct from my paypal and you possible email the file.
I have the Gametrix and looking forward to trying it :)

Upvote 0

=Andre=

Andre
Direct transfers are under the same restriction.
To see prices in £ select the currency in the list (top right corner). Bear in mind that PayPal takes a few % for currency conversion.

Upvote 0
Guys, I have that in plans for the nearest future,
but I'm just not able to work 24 hours a day.

Thanks Andre, I would love to see this added, I'm really impressed so far with SSW. I've been using it for a month with a pair of ADX Maximus and a Behringer DSP1000 and not even bothered buying Simvibe, I've not felt the need, but would love some engine based RPM added.

Upvote 0

=Andre=

Andre
Hi guys,
I've postponed some other tasks and re-factored Engine Beat effect as you had asked.
New FX is available in fresh published SimShaker - Wheels beta version 2.28
Please read more details here
Happy racing to everyone :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi guys,
I've postponed some other tasks and re-factored Engine Beat effect as you had asked.

Super Andre! Amazing how this software keeps developing! Looking forward to test it.

Upvote 0

Mr Latte

Premium
Hi guys,

Not expecting this so soon Andre, thanks.

Have a look at this, as it seems it is constant even when "Constant Gain" is not selected.
Clearly, the car is not at 90% RPM's in this example but the RPM effect IS active.

Upvote 0

Mr Latte

Premium
What's that car? I'd like to try it also.
I just tried all 3 Abarth cars

Issue is the same on all, for me being constant and gain slider does not seem to make any difference, apart from turning the effect off at 0%

Could this be a 6 Channel Mode issue?
I deleted effect 3 from custom so using default.

Car above was Ferrari 488 GT3

Upvote 0

=Andre=

Andre
Hhmm, sounds strange.
I don't have that Ferrari, tested at Ferrari 599XX EVO. Works fine both in 1 and 5.1 channels modes. Gain and "Start at % of Max RPM" sliders work well.

>> I deleted effect 3 from custom so using default.
The sample in use is 7, not 3.

Has anybody else tested new Engine Beat FX with JetSeat or bass-shakers?

Attachments

• 2017-11-24 08-54-41 SimShaker - Wheels   Version 2.28.png
    2017-11-24 08-54-41 SimShaker - Wheels Version 2.28.png
    740.5 KB · Views: 242
Upvote 0

=Andre=

Andre
Not expecting this so soon Andre, thanks.

Have a look at this, as it seems it is constant even when "Constant Gain" is not selected.
Clearly, the car is not at 90% RPM's in this example but the RPM effect IS active.

Mr Latte, judging by your description and SSW log record on the screenshot, I suggest that Physics.Rpms / StaticInfo.MaxRpm ratio, based on exposed by Assetto Corsa data, may be extremely high. I don't know why. If the problem will persist I would add some extended logging in SSW.

Upvote 0

Mr Latte

Premium
Mr Latte, judging by your description and SSW log record on the screenshot, I suggest that Physics.Rpms / StaticInfo.MaxRpm ratio, based on exposed by Assetto Corsa data, may be extremely high. I don't know why. If the problem will persist I would add some extended logging in SSW.

My look at this last night was very brief, so brief in fact that I didnt even notice it uses effect no 7.
I will test with the 599XX for now...

Have changed your default .wav for effect 7 to something that has greater sensation.
Early test file for myself but will look into more.

Somethings very odd, I have not spent more than an hour at this but even in the F599XX car I have experienced it working as intended (effect operating only at the % for the slider) but also other times it stays stuck on "constant" vibration mode with 100% gain. I cant get it to stop (even with effect check box ticked off) The only way is to turn it on but have it at 0% intensity.

When it is working properly, yes the slider % seems to alter when it kicks in and is rather good actually. Fills in what the "audio tactile" is not doing and what we have been after...

Do need more time to mess about with it and I do like how you have allowed people the ability to determine the % it can start. Getting it to work properly and with more cars would be super....

Edit
Cannot pinpoint the issue, I have found sometimes it works as normal (F599xx) and others it just runs in the constant mode...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

=Andre=

Andre
Mr Latte, I've published beta version 2.29 with some minor improvements and extended RPM/Max RPM data logging. Hopefully that will help us to catch the issue.

>> I cant get it to stop (even with effect check box ticked off)
Fixed.

Upvote 0

DesKane

dksRacing Kaney
Hey Andre just testing this latest Beta out, very good, I am liking this. Set this up so that 'less is more' type scenario, but I can really feel the engine definition in and around the other effects.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 80 19.2%
  • €151-500

Votes: 116 27.8%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 68 16.3%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 36 8.6%