'SimShaker - Wheels' support thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

=Andre=

Andre
Here you can get help with "SimShaker - Wheels" issues and questions.

SimShaker - Wheels is a mediation software between a supported car simulation game and Gametrix JetSeat or well known Buttckicker hardware to provide immersing event driven vibration FXs (special effects).
Currently supported PC titles: iRacing, Assetto Corsa, Automobilista, rFactor 2, DiRT Rally, Project CARS, Project CARS2, ETS2, ATS, F1 2016/2017 and RRRE.
Currently supported console titles: F1 2016.

Last edited:
Andre can you please consider in the Beta version, even for a test, alter when engine beat operates. Rather than it operating from idle have it operate from 30% full RPM value. If it can also alter with an increase in amplitude as the RPM gets higher, that would perhaps be a good step forward...
OK, I will try to implement that. Thank you.

Upvote 0
What we need is the higher RPM values that are used constantly with gear changes to have felt sensation. To represent "engine load" and chassis vibration sensation.

I would welcome this too.

Upvote 0
Have to say I'm only a week into tactile and SSW.

Very impressed, I am spreading the word for SSW !
Having engine in the upper rpm range .. this is a must have.

Upvote 0
What we need is the higher RPM values that are used constantly with gear changes to have felt sensation. To represent "engine load" and chassis vibration sensation.

I would welcome this too.
To be honest, I do not quite understand what does that mean the higher RPM values that are used constantly with gear changes to have felt sensation

Last edited:
Upvote 0
To be honest, I do not quite understand what does that mean the higher RPM values that are used constantly with gear changes to have felt sensation
They mean the rev range where the car is usually used under load, just like the comment earlier for 30-100% and ignore idle. ;)

Upvote 0
Andre

Here is a bit more of a breakdown and perhaps using 35% RPM range.

• Detect cars max RPM
  • When RPM reaches 65% of max range "effect" activates and fades in
  • Have effect gain increase in amplitude over the next 30% range from the (65%-95%) values (+/- dB)
  • If possible have the last 5% of rpm range (95%-100%) use an increased gain level to simulate max engine vibration/strain at redline.

I think this would be a big improvement over the current engine beat.
Very much appreciate your time/efforts in doing this and trying to improve SSW.

Thanks

Upvote 0
  • Detect cars max RPM
  • When RPM reaches 65% of max range "effect" activates and fades in
  • Have effect gain increase in amplitude over the next 30% range from the (65%-95%) values (+/- dB)
  • If possible have the last 5% of rpm range (95%-100%) use an increased gain level to simulate max engine vibration/strain at redline.
If this happens :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
For Project Cars 2 SSW uses the shared memory of Project Cars 1. Would it be possible that SSW uses shared memory of PC2? That would be good, because the Crew Chief app uses shared memory of PC2 and I would like to run SSW and Crew Chief both at the same time.

Upvote 0
Spent a LOT of time on improving how bumps can feel and quite happy with my progress on this.
Here is another thing I'd wish for, it may or may not be possible?

The ability to have a different, individual bump effect for the highest bump values.
Basically not the common, general tarmac bumps that will have lower values but to enable an extreme, stronger felt sensation than used for the standard bumps.

Can Santa bring this for Christmas?
:D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think BIG bumps could be stronger, I smash a sausage kerb it should hit 'hard'..very hard and almost break
the suspension.

This does not happen at present.
Maybe this is Assetto issue I'm not sure ?

I get the correct sound..big crash but be nice if my tactile matched the noise I hear through my Rift.
when hitting such a big kerb.

Upvote 0
Is that to have the ability to emphasize small bumps Mr Latte?
Or is that about the big bumps are felt not strong enough?

Yes BIG bumps, the small/medium and general curbs are okay.
We seek more reaction/energy from the highest values, knowing various things could trigger them.

For the highest score values. I could create an individual, high energy low frequency .wav for the largest Buttkicker models. This would increase the realism as these units can deliver very strong output.

The principle is to have a subwoofer/crossover type idea but using the telemetry values.
So that ONLY a % of the largest values when called, work with this new individual effect .wav

I do not know what range you have for bump/buffet values for AC or what other sims may use.
I have seen under 20, 30 as regular values but also over 60 with just a brief look. If you needed assistance in monitoring this I would gladly help.

As an illustration, perhaps using the last 25% - 35% of the values in the range available.
I give an example with 25%

Up to 25% Small
Up to 50% Medium
Up to 75 % Large
= These all working with the current Bump Buffet .wav

New effect would operate in this example over 75%

Telemetry Crossover?
Rather than being a fixed % value. What may be better and should be possible....
Is a filter control for user to determine the % the new XLarge Bump .wav is triggered at.
This could be upwards of 65% or 75% of bump values?
Be adjustable so that it could work well with different Sims and match user preferences.

Some users have multiple large BK Models on their rigs, others may have multiple smaller units but then use 1x larger BK Advance or 1x BK-LFE. In both of these type of installations, the subwoofer, idea (but based on telemetry based crossover for bumps) could be advantageous for the immersion.

We would just place the new X-Large bump based .wav on the appropriate channels for the users configurations like any other effect.

Help us work with you to take SSW further as so much is possible.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Andre please can you enable an RPM based effect for SSW ?
Myself and other users I know are really missing this in the software.

Really enjoying my tactile experience though.

Thank you

Upvote 0
Guys, I have that in plans for the nearest future,
but I'm just not able to work 24 hours a day.

Confirmation that it is coming is good enough, its GREAT news that it's up at the top end of the "to do" stuff. This with the enhanced audio-tactile will help present much greater satisfaction in engine enjoyment.

I seek Mini LFE owner with iNuke amps for testing my own latest V3 files.
Want feedback from the owner for this model of shaker. Sooner I can ensure latest files are working well on main popular units. I will submit them for public and for you Andre if you want to remove my older ones as these are much better and improved.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering