Simple Mistake or Feeling the Pressure?

And every other driver crashed on the same corner? Oh, wait... nope, just the finger :roflmao:

Seems like you are a Vettel hater and Hamilton fanboy, in the thread about Hamiltons quali you were protecting him altough it made no sense and now you try to make fun of Vettel because he did a mistake in a corner where no one else did...looks like you think you are better than Vettel only because you did a good mod for Assetto Corsa

I didn't get to see the race, but I watched the replay.
It's a weird incident. At first it looks like he just yanks the wheel to the right but after watching the clip a couple time it looks like the back end gives a little wiggle like it's going brake loose. Vettel tries to correct and he over corrects.

A simple mistake.

Last edited:
Bit of both like post #2, everyone is susceptible to these things happening.

If I remember correctly most cars including Vettel were taking a medium high line through the corner maybe to avoid pooling/standing water. Maybe he caught too much water, was off the racing line, rained a bit too much there, broke to late, aquaplaned etc. It's shitty but **** happens.

I hope Riciardo and Verstappen get a decent car soon, it's criminal these guys arent fighting for wins, same with some others in the paddock.

I don't think he was under pressure, because he was leading quite comfortably almost 10 sec ahead, I would rather rate this error like a simple lack of concentration.
In any case, as previous races have shown, he's definitely not the fastest guy on wet conditions.
Eventually, it's an heavy error from him, and not the first one this season.
Despite having often the best car this year, he's trowing away so much points because of his own mistakes that a WDC title to Hamilton would be well deserved for what we've seen so far.

Some people can be really funny in their innocence.

Minardi: "The thing that surprised me the most was the RB1 engine’s output sound. Besides speeding up 50 m before any other driver, the Renault engine of the German’s car grinded like no other French engines on track, neither like Mark’s. That sound was similar to the sound made by the engine when the traction control system got into action in the past seasons."

https://jalopnik.com/red-bull-may-have-invented-a-secret-new-hybrid-technolo-1442585020

http://www.racecar-engineering.com/news/red-bulls-traction-secret-revealed/

"KERS has a defined amount of power it can store and discharge but there is no obligation on when to charge it so, the theory goes that Red Bull has figured out a way to use the charging phase to modulate output torque on corner exit. If this were controlled in response to wheelspin, it would be traction control and illegal. What Racecar Engineering is speculating is that it is controlled by sensors in the shocks: shock is compressed means more grip then you have full power, shock is extended then you might get less torque (because it's charging KERS) and less potential wheelspin. In effect a form of traction control which seems to be legal by the letter of the rules. Remember Webber's tire marks in Montreal?"

http://blog.axisofoversteer.com/2013/10/so-how-is-red-bull-running-traction.html

https://alistairmilne.com/2013/06/19/does-red-bull-have-a-form-of-traction-control/

"Although Renault also supplies engines to Lotus, Williams and Caterham, the lion's share of the alternator problems have been suffered by Red Bull. A source is quoted as saying: "In other Renault cars, the alternator works perfectly. For the problems encountered by Red Bull, something is failing due to an external influence, which leads to overheating."

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/report-red-bull-to-blame-for-alternator-failures/

"While Red Bull clinched their third constructors’ title in a row, the celebrations were muted by Vettel being denied his third successive crown for at least another week and reliability problems affecting Australian team mate Mark Webber. “Reliability is a concern, it’s unfortunately our third alternator failure this year which is a ticking time bomb,” Red Bull’s technical head Adrian Newey told Britain’s Sky television."

https://uk.reuters.com/article/moto...-time-bomb-for-red-bull-idUKL4N08Z2TV20121119

If it sounds like TC, looks like TC, and smells like TC, it most probably is too. Oh, and thanks for pointing out that you care more for a driver than you do for the sport by clicking disagree. His idol was a cheater too. :whistling:

what does have to to with him as a driver ? or are you expecting drivers to inspect cars and if they find out , based on their immense mechanical/engineering knowledge, that the car is illegal, they should report it to FIA ?

what does have to to with him as a driver ? or are you expecting drivers to inspect cars and if they find out , based on their immense mechanical/engineering knowledge, that the car is illegal, they should report it to FIA ?

Are you implying that someone can win 4 world titles without knowing IF they were cheating in the process? :rolleyes:

If you do, I guess you're adamant that they're so dumb they can't tell when they're the only ones accelerating full throttle out of a corner compared to the cars next to them, that're doing only half throttle, lap after lap.

Last edited:
Vettel had no pressure to feel. He is leading the championship and the race, and seems to have the fastest car. He just bottled it, quite simply. The smallest of mistakes leading to one of the most innocuous retirements from a race ever.
Why should he feel pressure? The worst thing that could happen is that Hamilton passed him. Lewis was gaining fast on him. He could still manage Bottas and Kimi.

For me it was both, more human error than presion, because first he was driving on slicks on a semi-intermidiate track, you can see that he feels the back of the car sliding and then he counter steers, then the tyres grab traction again and that what left him on the sand, and them he cant do anything on the sand, for me has a Ferrari fan i was destroyed when i saw the comentator say "VETTEL ITS IN THE WALL", losing against your rival and in your home crowd it was sad.But hey he recovered once from this type of situation and Toto Wolff he say that he its scared from the half second difference on the straight between Ferrari and Mercedes, so yeah im hoping to Ferrari win this year.

As Vettel wiped out on Sunday, I immediately thought back to this video where he said something like, "Yeah you can take Sachs corner faster than you'd think. Good fun." Guess not.

I had F1 spoiled for me by this site, as I hadn't got home by the time UK Ch4 highlights showed it, and couldn't watch it for a few hours after that.

So I'll have to steer clear of RD (which should focus on games!) until I've watched F1. Bit annoying :-/
u should never ever go online when u dont wanna have a anny info of the race not even the car radio lol

Are you implying that someone can win 4 world titles without knowing IF they were cheating in the process? :rolleyes:

If you do, I guess you're adamant that they're so dumb they can't tell when they're the only ones accelerating full throttle out of a corner compared to the cars next to them, that're doing only half throttle, lap after lap.
well even if he knew, what do you expect ? that he will go against his team ? it's the team to blame, not the driver imo

Both team and driver are in the know when bending/breaking technical regulations and they agree to do that for wins, so shareholder profit, basically. The driver has a contract to do his best with the car at his disposal, so who would refuse winning and becoming a champion, right? F1 in its current state is a competition between budgets and the engineering brains and testing they can buy. That's why they don't want to impose a low budget cap, like in other forms of (much more entertaining) motorsport, so that all teams can challenge for the win. And when the regulating body fails to acknowledge obvious proofs of cheating, that for me just underlines the business model even more. It's an industry disguised as a sport.

True champions are only found on a level playing field. That's why most great drivers mention their karting years as their best racing experience.

u should never ever go online when u dont wanna have a anny info of the race not even the car radio lol

This is true, but I was in a long car journey and bored! Usually I'm leaping at the radio off switch when the news comes on, etc! I don't mind RD discussing the race, but pictures that give away the main talking point are a bit too far :-p

Vettel is not good under pressure. Like Hamilton.
If these two drivers are no good under pressure, both with 4 world championships, which drivers on the grid are good under pressure?/ having been to Silverstone and watched the cars in real life for the first time it amazes me how they drive the things at such speed with the precision they do

If these two drivers are no good under pressure, both with 4 world championships, which drivers on the grid are good under pressure?/ having been to Silverstone and watched the cars in real life for the first time it amazes me how they drive the things at such speed with the precision they do
Alonso or Ricciardo, for example.

When things are perfect, they go very well. But as they fail, they sink. Something that at least, in this race, it seems that Hamilton has solved. In addition, the number of championships, does not indicate that one is better than another. And remember that Vwttel won without shadow (except 2010, and maybe 2012), and Hamilton equal (except 2016).

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back