Simple Mistake or Feeling the Pressure?

I actually waited for the youtube highlights to go live and it doesnt show the front wing endplate of Seb flying away. Only those who watched the race live or full replay will see that. Anyways that could also play part in his crash... Just saying.

IT all started when Kimi screwed his race Kimi forced Vettel to get close so the let him by and then Vettel needed to push to get away from Kimi and that caused the retirement. Kimi shoulded realise that SEB is the one fighting for the championship and plus they were no team orders

1 Lewis Hamilton GBR MERCEDES 188
2 Sebastian Vettel GER FERRARI 171
3 Kimi Räikkönen FIN FERRARI 131

He's only 40pts of seb and he has one of the best car's on the grid, he's had one retirement this year and he has no long running contract with Ferrari now. I have no clue what your point is. If seb can't pass kimi what is he doing he was whining like a child on the radio asking the team to make him move over.

Simple mistake, judging by his reaction after the crash. Probably a brief loss of concentration.
He seems tried to avoid spinning, but in the end, the result is the same. Trapped in gravel trap

For on board cam seems to me a simple mistake.

He felt the car loose rear grip, but sudenly and very fast the car recovery the rear grip and the counter steering made him go out the track.

If the that part of the track was large, and not banked, perhaps he could have return to track.

Also, if he run for a few cms only on some slip part of the track, explain the loss of the grip and the fast return of the grip.

I had F1 spoiled for me by this site, as I hadn't got home by the time UK Ch4 highlights showed it, and couldn't watch it for a few hours after that.

So I'll have to steer clear of RD (which should focus on games!) until I've watched F1. Bit annoying :-/

Forgive me if Senna and Schumacher didn't make mistakes once in a while... it happens. Unfortunately today it happened to Vettel, who is one of the best drivers. 4 championships sort of prove that....

Some people can be really funny in their innocence.

Minardi: "The thing that surprised me the most was the RB1 engine’s output sound. Besides speeding up 50 m before any other driver, the Renault engine of the German’s car grinded like no other French engines on track, neither like Mark’s. That sound was similar to the sound made by the engine when the traction control system got into action in the past seasons."

https://jalopnik.com/red-bull-may-have-invented-a-secret-new-hybrid-technolo-1442585020

http://www.racecar-engineering.com/news/red-bulls-traction-secret-revealed/

"KERS has a defined amount of power it can store and discharge but there is no obligation on when to charge it so, the theory goes that Red Bull has figured out a way to use the charging phase to modulate output torque on corner exit. If this were controlled in response to wheelspin, it would be traction control and illegal. What Racecar Engineering is speculating is that it is controlled by sensors in the shocks: shock is compressed means more grip then you have full power, shock is extended then you might get less torque (because it's charging KERS) and less potential wheelspin. In effect a form of traction control which seems to be legal by the letter of the rules. Remember Webber's tire marks in Montreal?"

http://blog.axisofoversteer.com/2013/10/so-how-is-red-bull-running-traction.html

https://alistairmilne.com/2013/06/19/does-red-bull-have-a-form-of-traction-control/

"Although Renault also supplies engines to Lotus, Williams and Caterham, the lion's share of the alternator problems have been suffered by Red Bull. A source is quoted as saying: "In other Renault cars, the alternator works perfectly. For the problems encountered by Red Bull, something is failing due to an external influence, which leads to overheating."

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/report-red-bull-to-blame-for-alternator-failures/

"While Red Bull clinched their third constructors’ title in a row, the celebrations were muted by Vettel being denied his third successive crown for at least another week and reliability problems affecting Australian team mate Mark Webber. “Reliability is a concern, it’s unfortunately our third alternator failure this year which is a ticking time bomb,” Red Bull’s technical head Adrian Newey told Britain’s Sky television."

https://uk.reuters.com/article/moto...-time-bomb-for-red-bull-idUKL4N08Z2TV20121119

If it sounds like TC, looks like TC, and smells like TC, it most probably is too. Oh, and thanks for pointing out that you care more for a driver than you do for the sport by clicking disagree. His idol was a cheater too. :whistling:

Last edited:
Vettel had no pressure to feel. He is leading the championship and the race, and seems to have the fastest car. He just bottled it, quite simply. The smallest of mistakes leading to one of the most innocuous retirements from a race ever.

If seb can't pass kimi what is he doing he was whining like a child on the radio asking the team to make him move over.

This ......Nail on the head.....

Confused by people crying about spoilers on this site.....Seriously ????? Be considerate in the future?? Very cheeky!!
At least now you know , do not come here if you don't want spoilers.

Nothing to do with pressure. There are three reason for Vettel's crash:

1/ being the first through every corner in tricky conditions always makes it hard to judge braking points.

2/ The margin of error driving an F1 car on slick tires on a damp/wet track is tiny and it only takes the slightest of errors to result in a trip to the kitty litter.

3/That particular corner at hockenheim is a tricky hairpin as it is on the old, narrow section of the track and there is no tarmac run off on the outside. On a modern Tilke circuit he could simply have used the runoff and rejoined (probably dropping a place down to second in the process) .

Conclusion: rotten bad luck (and I'm not even a Vettel fan).

Last edited:
I disagree with youyou here, SEB followed Kimi for a good few laps, that killed his tyres which put him under pressure when the metrics started closing. If anything kimi wrecked Sebs race by not rolling over like a good number 2. I mean surely he knows his position? Unless there was something in his new contract that he wanted out on air for the world to hear?

I'll never understand how you guys can blame everyone else except the guy who threw the car into to gravel and then the wall. Even Seb says it was his mistake.

And every other driver crashed on the same corner? Oh, wait... nope, just the finger :roflmao:

Oh yeah, it was definitely a mistake. Can't argue against that. Just a very small mistake at a very unfortunate place on the track from where he couldn't recover the car. Vettel wasn't the only driver to lose the car in the tricky conditions, just the unluckiest one.

And every other driver crashed on the same corner? Oh, wait... nope, just the finger :roflmao:

No but half the field spun infront of the Mercedes arena and the hairpin. If there was gravel traps all around the circuit the safety car would´ve been out 4 laps earlier. Just unfortunate he binned it at the Sachs Kurve, everywhere else he would´ve been fine to carry on.

• Deleted member 241736

You‘re all not wondering why Hamilton finshed first while starting from 14 slot? What makes the F1 hype? Spa is around the corner. I will be there to c the greatest GT3 Race world wide :cool:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back