SimCycling for Assetto Corsa

Apps SimCycling for Assetto Corsa v0.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hey guys.
I am yet to try this cycling mod but do plenty of indoor riding.
How does the data look when uploaded to strava? Does it produce an accurate GPX file?

App is great, best thing I saw made for AC but I have one small issue.. Sometimes after a while of riding my power readings jump to a couple of thousands watts and car starts accelerating like rocket.. It comes back to normal only after I unplug and plug my trainer.. It's direct drive newest Elite Justo which I bought brand new. Any ideas?

Axis binding is ok, autogear is selected, ANT+ data stream (power, HR, cadence) is going but the car doesn't move. Update below

Last edited:
WindowsTerminal_Mdy7Mm7hoa.png

tested on another PC again with no luck, Vanilla AC install from Steam.
The odd thing is that yesterday it was all working on the "trainer PC" I use just for Zwift/Rouvy etc etc...today Steam updated itself (and probably something in AC? Long time I did not use it on that PC) and no way now to make it work. A real pity yesterday I had a blast pedalling on Targa Florio...

Last edited:
Anyone with this app still working? Thanks
Recurring error is
"Failed to write record.Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index"

Last edited:
Anyone with this app still working? Thanks
Recurring error is
"Failed to write record.Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index"

TLDR;
If the car doesn't move although everything else is set up correctly, add the environment variable AC_ROOT with AC's root folder and reboot.

I've had a look into the code and noticed that the application relies on an environment variable called "AC_ROOT" to get AC's root folder location from.

To check if the variable is set, open the windows console (WIN + R, type cmd, hit enter) and execute:
echo %AC_ROOT%
This will most likely output an empty line, where it should output something like "D:\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa" instead.

If inside the SimCycling.exe console output there's this line without an actual path, then the application was not able to determine AC's root folder:
"Found AC: " <-- no path (should be "Found AC: D:\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa")

A system reboot might be required after adding the environment variable.

P.S. I'm also using vJoy v2.1.8.39 since that's the same version as the DLLs used in the application.

Last edited:
Found out the actual issue and the solution.
The reason for the zig zag issue is
1. On my computer, by default the Vjoy configure tool is creating the Device 1 which is not accepting the range of values from the steering or throttle (They take every value >=50% as 1 otherwise 0).
2. As the SimCycling uses VJoy Device 1 as the input device, i notice the issue.

Solution:
1. As the default VJoy Device 1 is not usable, added a new VJoy Device 2. Observed that this Device 2 is accepting the range of values from the steering or throttle.
2. In the SimCycling, change the device number to 2.
3. Configure the controller input to Assetto Corsa with the device number 2.

Now everything is working fine. Thanks.
The same thing happens to me, everything works fine except the turn, the car goes in a zig zag. I saw that you solved it, but I don't understand how you did it. Can you explain to me the steps to follow to create a new vjoy 2 and what data to modify. I attach a photo of the controls and video. Thank you for your response.

Attachments

• Assetto Corsa Launcher 04_09_2023 18_08_18.png
    Assetto Corsa Launcher 04_09_2023 18_08_18.png
    271.9 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements