SimCycling for Assetto Corsa

Apps SimCycling for Assetto Corsa v0.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi, could you be a little more specific?
Does the power stay stuck at 0?
The power is correct but the car doesn't move? In that case make sure the controls are configured correctly (a ini file is supplied with a standard configuration). Also make sure that automatic gears driving assist is active.

Hi, could you be a little more specific?
Does the power stay stuck at 0?
The power is correct but the car doesn't move? In that case make sure the controls are configured correctly (a ini file is supplied with a standard configuration). Also make sure that automatic gears driving assist is active.
Thanks for the quickly reply.
When I load up assetto corsa and go into the controls settings, I can see the virtual joystick in the bottom left of the screen but none of the control move when I pedal. This is also the case when I run the Vjoy monitor as well. Where do I find this .ini file?

Last edited:
You have to be in-game (and have the app started) for the controls to move. The only way to "test" the bindings beforehand is to load vjoy feeder when in the settings screen and see if throttle and steering are affected by vjoy feeder axis 1 and 3.
The ini controls settings file is in the zip archive of the mod, misc / controller presets / direction + gaz vjoy.ini

If you copy that file to "my documents/assetto corsa/cfg/controllers/presets" then you should be able to select it in AC's settings screen and it should have the correct bindings.

Last edited:
Hmm, that's odd. Have you tried disconnecting/reconnecting the ANT+ usb stick?
Is there any other app that could be "locking" the ANT+ usb stick? Maybe some background app?

edit: oh just saw your latest message. Sweet!

Last edited:
Well, I got the Watts showing in game when I pedal, but the car doesn't move. I've added the .ini like you said and loaded the preset and the gears are automatic. When I turn on the pedal display there's no sign of any throttle. Where do i tell SimRacing to use device #2?

Last edited:
If you use Vjoy feeder (with the app inactive), does moving the first slider activate anything in the pedals display?
It is probably a binding issue, I need to find a way to make it more user friendly...

Where do i tell SimRacing to use device #2?
There should be no need to do that.

Last edited:
Oh I wasn't aware that those devices also use ANT (why not make them as a simple joystick interface ? :rolleyes:)
If someone ships one to me I would gladly add some control logic to support it in the app.

I did a livestream of the climb on Twitch. My racing buddies from Trout Racing League (check it out on Discord, epic racing league!!) were supporting me all the way up the climb. It all works well (Tacx Neo here).

Only issue is that sometimes when you press start it doesn't show the Watts or the cadence. After starting again it then picks it up. Maybe something to check out, let me know if I can help.

Only feature which would really be great to have is to include a map (GPX track) so we do online segments/racing on Strava and have a cool looking map with it. Maybe add the option to select a GPX track before you press 'Start' and then combine it as you go?

I'm up for an online 'race'! Really epic stuff, thank you for all your efforts :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Great job on climbing the Monte Bondone and thank you for the shout out!

In the first version of the mod (unreleased here but you can probably dig it deep down into github) there was automatic mapping of in-game position to real-world GPS location, however I had a lot of issues to get accurate results. The recorded track would ultimately drift from the road.

Assetto corsa's tracks are simply not made to be transformed into 1:1 real-world locations.

Loading a GPX track and "mapping" to it could work but it is a lot of work and a lot of uncertainty on the results. A mod on another game, that is friendlier in regards to GPS positions, would be a better opportunity to make this work. I have a few ideas but nothing solid yet.

Wow, just wanted to say thank you for making this what an awesome idea! Now if I could only find a decent trainer in stock somewhere. Can't wait to pedal some laps around the Nurburgring, Stelvio and the L. A. Canyons. :)

Awesome idea and implementation, I wished for this for a long time as AC is full of interesting tracks...to pedal.
One important note after 2 hours banging my head on the wall.
I try it on a PC which I don't use with my trainer but for work and after a fast test all was working.
Then I try with the PC I use only for Zwift/Rouvy etc etc and it was not working. Fresh installs, reinstall and un-install of vJoy. Nothing worked.
The only, but not secondary (!), difference between the 2 Pcs was that I had no Python in the second one.
Then I guess it requires to install Python to work :) did I miss it somewhere?

Last edited:
Hey sorry about your head :(
No, python is absolutely not necessary, the script is executed within AC which has its own python.
Could you describe the issue? Does the the console app launch when you press start? If not there might be some syntactic error in the config file, try resetting it with the one supplied maybe.
One other thing that only came to my attention recently is that the supplied controller configuration might not work if you have other controllers plugged(ie wheel or Xbox controller).
Hope you can get it to work!

Last edited:
Tha app was working, my trainer recognized, autogear driving help selected, a .fit file generated but the car was not moving;
Moving "vJoy feeder" sliders moved sliders in "vJoy monitor" but NOT in AC control panel.
No other controllers plugged in.
The only solution (or difference) was indeed Python.
Here a screenshot when the car was not moving.

Attachments

• SimCycling_KVEOYehpZq.png
    SimCycling_KVEOYehpZq.png
    21.5 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
OK so it's definitely a controller binding issue... Again. I gotta find a way to make it more robust.
In the meantime what you have to do (if you don't want to test with the home trainer every time) is to make it so that vjoy feeder axis 1 makes the gas/brake (combined) input move and axis 3 makes the steering input move. If you manage to get that working it should do the trick.
Add me on discord (mini#4599) if you want more assistance.

Last edited:
Would it help if there was a car with the rough physics of a bicycle rider (weight, Aerodynamics) to make it more accurate? I guess you only map the speed of the trainer to the accelerator pedal? Or do you directly map the trainer speed to the car speed?

Hey all,

please do a full how to use this perfect app.
I´m unable to drive in realspeed my car is not steering, when I move axis z than my car is steering but I cant ride my bike and adjuste axis z with my mouse. Also how to setup speed correct. Please it would so helpfull.

Best thanks

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea