SimCycling for Assetto Corsa

Apps SimCycling for Assetto Corsa v0.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
at the beginning of the video when you start pedalling, the 'bike' doesn't move at all until a few seconds later and it seems the speed you are pedalling is not related to the speed of the 'bike' on the track. Is it possible to get it to match? Is it possible to get the resistance to match the elevation on the track? Do wind settings in the game affect the resistance when pedalling? Is any of the settings in the apps and elsewhere dependent on what car you choose? I would assume a very low powered slow car would suit the app better and maybe make for more precise speed control?

Hi, thank you for your interest in this app.

The speed in game is representative of the pedalling strength.
The current pedalling power (in watts) is used to compute a speed that is then replicated ingame. So the ingame speed depends on how fast you are pedalling :) (maybe with a couple of seconds of delay)

If your home trainer has smart capabilities (ANT+ FE-C protocol), then the trainer resistance varies on the shape of the road (i.e. steep hills are simulated so it's harder to pedal) - that is, unless you are in "workout mode"... In that mode, the resistance is controlled to keep you at a steady power target.

What car you choose doesn't change the behavior. The app controls the throttle in order to replicate a certain target speed regardless of the power of the car.

Thanks for a quick reponse :D Additional question: If not using a smartphone to control steering, how does it then steer? Does it just follow the AI line around the track?

When I started rebuilding my rig, I told myself I needed to exercise an hour before doing any racing. I was exploring different virtual cycling apps not long ago. Any ideas on a good, absolutely enty level smart cycle trainer?

This is intriguing--we can do a "track (cycle) walk" to know the circuit AND get exercise!

Need to get a sim fan project going for added immersion . . .

Gives a whole new meaning to pedal inquiries.

Thanks for a quick reponse :D Additional question: If not using a smartphone to control steering, how does it then steer? Does it just follow the AI line around the track?
Yep ! and supposedly the steering algorithm supports overtaking the slowpokes in case of multiplayer, but that feature hasn't been extensively tested yet.

When I started rebuilding my rig, I told myself I needed to exercise an hour before doing any racing. I was exploring different virtual cycling apps not long ago. Any ideas on a good, absolutely enty level smart cycle trainer?
The trainer market (much like a lot of the cycling market) is flooded with rubbish hyped by marketing. Mine's a Bkool Smart Pro from a few years ago (450€+ new) and I wouldn't recommend it. It's very loud and poorly designed overall.

If I were to try a new one at this time I think I would consider the Fliiiight (seems like a very clever design) or maybe one of the (chinese) Thinkrider ones if you want to go the direct drive way.

The trainer market (much like a lot of the cycling market) is flooded with rubbish hyped by marketing. Mine's a Bkool Smart Pro from a few years ago (450€+ new) and I wouldn't recommend it. It's very loud and poorly designed overall.

If I were to try a new one at this time I think I would consider the Fliiiight (seems like a very clever design) or maybe one of the (chinese) Thinkrider ones if you want to go the direct drive way.
Thank you for posting; I think direct drive makes sense--more initial cost but no tires to wear out.

Hello Damien!

This is a fantastic project. I'm an avid cyclist (also indoor) and simracer, so this is great for me. I have a Tacx Neo and tried to set it. It all works, also shows my HR and power ingame, but the car doesn't move forward. I set the Throttle axis in the 'direction + gaz vjoy.ini' controller preset to the value below, but the car doesn't move.

[THROTTLE]
JOY=0
AXLE=1

Any idea how to fix it?

Last edited:
Have you installed Vjoy as per the software requirements state in the readme on GitHub ? ;)

Also check that [num] in JOY=[num] matches CON[num]="vJoy Device" in Assetto Corsa ini file, that would ensure the axis is bound to the correct controller (i.e. vjoy that is used to "programmatically" control the throttle)

[CONTROLLERS]
CON0=vJoy Device
CON1=Controller (XBOX 360 For Windows)

Last edited:
Sorry! I missed that instruction :) :poop:

I installed Vjoy and set up the ini file like this (and of course selected this preset in the AC control options in the menu):

[CONTROLLERS]
CON0=vJoy Device
CON1=Controller (XBOX 360 For Windows)

[STEER]
JOY=0
AXLE=3
SCALE=1
LOCK=900
FF_GAIN=1
FILTER_FF=0
STEER_GAMMA=1
STEER_FILTER=0
SPEED_SENSITIVITY=0
DEBOUNCING_MS=50

[THROTTLE]
JOY=0
AXLE=1
MIN=0.0001
MAX=1

However, still the same in-game. The power is recognized, but the car doesn't move forward.

I made a video which shows the issue:

Do you have a clue? Do I need to configure anything in the vJoy application?

PS: Huge respect for pulling this off

Hmm still seems like a Vjoy binding issue to me.

You can try going in the controller options, and use "Vjoy feeder" (demo app available after you install vjoy) to see if the steering and gas are properly mapped.

Also make sure you have automatic gears enabled otherwise the car might stay in Neutral no matter the throttle :D

Damien Wintz updated SimCycling for Assetto Corsa with a new update entry:

Version 0.3

Various fixes and improvements
  • fix behavior when link with ANT equipment is poor
  • fix workout cooldown segments in improper order
  • fix workout warmup segments staying constant
  • fix UI when workout finishes
  • fix repeated interval workout segments
  • improve python UI behavior when starting and loading a workout
  • improve FIT file output
  • improve app stop behavior
  • add configurable incline bounds to save your knees or your neighbours' ears
  • add dedicated workout timer...

Read the rest of this update entry...

This is awesome. As someone who has used Zwift far too much during the UK lockdown (I would rather be riding around London but trying to be a good citizen in my isolation), the biggest thing Zwift is missing is having the ability to race a ghost.

Now with this mod I can race myself around tracks.....................Tour De Nordschleife to win the Green Hell Jersey ?

Thanks so much this mod.

Jim

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back