SimCycling for Assetto Corsa

Apps SimCycling for Assetto Corsa v0.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
Unfortunately Monect PC Remote doesn't work for me.
So i mounted my joystick (thrustmaster flight stick/is a little bigger) at the front wheel with an elastic band.
It is very simple, quick and works perfectly !!

(e.g. Abarth 595 SS, steering wheel 450 degree, "space" for handbrake and good legs)

The whole thing is awesome, really !

Does anyone here use a concept2 bike erg?

What hardware is needed to make it work with this app?

This looks absolutely awesome! What an amazing project!

This is awesome. As someone who has used Zwift far too much during the UK lockdown (I would rather be riding around London but trying to be a good citizen in my isolation), the biggest thing Zwift is missing is having the ability to race a ghost.

Now with this mod I can race myself around tracks.....................Tour De Nordschleife to win the Green Hell Jersey ?

Thanks so much this mod.

Jim
I cancelled Zwift this winter, gotten too boring and the racing's a joke. This could be epic though, just needs someone to drop a bike mod in here. Imagine a 30 rider pileup in T1 Monza!!

I need to try this out. My Neo has sat collecting dust all winter, I got bored of TrainerRoad and Zwift etc etc.
Also, this could be a game changer. I've spent a fair amount of time racing on Zwift and got frustrated at the lack of features (steering/braking/time splits and so on, not to add the repetitiveness of the limited courses). Do collisions etc still work with this?

I see my power output on the app but my "car" won't move. Automatic gears is turned on.

I saw this on the GitHub page:
Q: When I pedal, I can see the power and speed update in the app but the car doesn't move
A: Check your control bindings. Use Vjoy feeder in the settings menu to see if the axis are properly mapped. Also make sure the driving aid "automatic gears" is enabled, otherwise the car will stay in neutral

But I couldn't make sense of this. I don't understand how vJoy interprets trainer's output. Could somebody help me with troubleshooting?

Hi @portakal
Vjoy is the gas and steering "controller" as seen by Assetto Corsa and its value (how much gas is pressed) is controlled by the app.
Car not moving is a symptom of incorrectly configured gas axis. You have to make sure that Vjoy X axis is correctly bound to throttle in the settings.

When you install Vjoy , it comes with an utility called "vjoy feeder" that allows to manipulate the axis value so you can try and see if when you move the value in vjoy feeder, it actually controls the gas ingame (if it doesn't it means your settings are incorrect).

While out on my run yesterday, I was thinking it would be nice if I could run around tracks like Fonteny and thought about this mod again. How hard would it be to make it work for jogging in place? My watch can transmit my cadence and I can easily find my stride lenght in my data. Watch transmit to app on phone which then talks to this mod to get my speed into the game?

While out on my run yesterday, I was thinking it would be nice if I could run around tracks like Fonteny and thought about this mod again. How hard would it be to make it work for jogging in place? My watch can transmit my cadence and I can easily find my stride lenght in my data. Watch transmit to app on phone which then talks to this mod to get my speed into the game?
When I read "transmit," I immediately thought why would they want to use the Ford Transit mod?:)

When i use SimCycling, i see the car moves in a zig zag way. The same can be seen in the link
The vJoy axisZ is causing the zig zag movement.
Basically any movement of steering is causing the camera movement and i think even the zig zag movement is related to that?
But i do not see that happening in your videos.
Could anyone please help. Thanks.

I liked using SimCycling in AssettoCorsa.
Hope to cycle in AssettoCorsa soon! Thanks again.

When i use SimCycling, i see the car moves in a zig zag way. The same can be seen in the link
The vJoy axisZ is causing the zig zag movement.
Basically any movement of steering is causing the camera movement and i think even the zig zag movement is related to that?
But i do not see that happening in your videos.
Could anyone please help. Thanks.

I liked using SimCycling in AssettoCorsa.
Hope to cycle in AssettoCorsa soon! Thanks again.

Found out the actual issue and the solution.
The reason for the zig zag issue is
1. On my computer, by default the Vjoy configure tool is creating the Device 1 which is not accepting the range of values from the steering or throttle (They take every value >=50% as 1 otherwise 0).
2. As the SimCycling uses VJoy Device 1 as the input device, i notice the issue.

Solution:
1. As the default VJoy Device 1 is not usable, added a new VJoy Device 2. Observed that this Device 2 is accepting the range of values from the steering or throttle.
2. In the SimCycling, change the device number to 2.
3. Configure the controller input to Assetto Corsa with the device number 2.

Now everything is working fine. Thanks.

Last edited:
Damien Wintz updated SimCycling for Assetto Corsa with a new update entry:

Version 0.4 released. Multiplayer fun with your friends!

SimCycling becomes social! Ride multiplayer and see your friends' distance to you as well as their instantaneous Power.
Ride close behind them to benefit from drafting.
  • Add a new app : Other SimCyclists
  • Add drafting simulation when playing with other SimCyclists online
  • Add new settings in config file (preferred devices, preferred power sources, etc.)
  • Various bugfixes and stability improvements

Don't forget to review the config file (simcycling.exe.config) and...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 285 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years