Simagic M10

Hi RD

Looking to upgrade my wheel at some point this year. Currently using a T300 with CSL LC pedals on a GT1 Evo.

My plan was to grab a CSL wheel or maybe a CS2.5 but this Simagic unit seems very affordable, especially compared to the cost of a fanatec clubsport base and any of their compatible wheels.

The wheel and quick release look really well built, good features on the buttonbox and plenty of mounting options on the wheelbase itself.

I know it's early days but what would be my main drawbacks considering a relatively new unit like this other than software support?

It looks like the torque figures are much lower than other DD bases, but would it be significantly more detailed than a belt driven unit?

My only experience with DD is a business meeting I had at Vesaro around 5 years ago when I worked at OcUK and it was mind-blowing but I think that opinion was swayed by the simulator as a whole and not just the wheel specifically. (I ran nords in their top of the range setup on the day).

I have only spotted a few videos on YouTube with brief overviews on the Simagic unit so I guess nobody has one in hand yet? I also know nothing about the development of this product or its background

Yep, fair point ;)

I just needed something totally reliable and rattle-free, especially at higher torque-levels. It is just terrible when you’re in the midst of a high-speed turn with the wheel fully loaded up, and something let’s go....ain’t fun, haha

Upvote 0
Watched Boosted Media's hw review. I still have yet to see anything that dissuades me. Yeah, the thing with the bolts that have no functional use and he could just pull them out is a bit janky but I'm not going to look at it as a big deal. Especially when everything else looks to be quality kit. His mention that Simagic is leaving customer support strictly to resellers is certainly good to know. Also that the site I thought was Simagic's - https://www.simagicdynamic.com - really isn't and there seems to be some questions around its affiliation with Simagic is food for thought and something to be wary of. Looking forward to his sw and driving experience review.

Upvote 0
I just watched the video as well. I liked the QR and how there is no flex. That was one of my concerns with what I had seen up until today. Also, it sounded like they will be re-doing that back plate with the useless screws. Hopefully they get this rectified before too long. I am looking forward to the 2nd part of this review.

What I like so far:
1. Price - if they can get the shipping costs down by having a US distributor.
2. On board USB ports for 3rd party wheel/pedals/shifter. I especially like the USB port directly on the shaft. The one thing that turns me off to other DDW systems is having to run long USB cables to my PC or having to have a separate USB hub to worry about.
3. Small Size - it's not bulky at all like the DD1/DD2.

I am also anticipating any reviews for the Simagic Alpha 15nm DDW.

I'm am currently deciding on a direct drive wheel and like the Fanatec DD1, but the 2 things that are holding me back are the size and the rear fan placement - I wont be able to place the monitor as close I would like.

Upvote 0
Well, it is to be expected, that seemingly new products (on a budget) might develop some gremlins along the way. It will be interesting to see how the manufacturer deals with it. From previous videos I understood, that they had a good response time and offered solutions.
Here they could shine and appeal to the "new" european market.

General note: That's why I am all for cable connections. I minimize wireless as much as possible (WiFi, Bluetooth,...). Gave me less trouble in the past. :geek:

Upvote 0
I'm confused. There are contacts inside the qr. I assumed that's how the wheel was ultimately communicating to the PC. Why is Bluetooth (which I can't stand) is being used?

Upvote 0
@Hiro Abe this is what I was thinking.

I remember hearing a couple of the guys who got these bases on their YT review mention 2.4 wireless, but I also thought the 5 contact points inside the wheelbase QR were the wireless connecters.

Also, when Boosted Media opened the back up, there was no sign or mention of any Bluetooth chip, unlike what's inside the Simucube 2 Pro on the Sim Racing Garage review by Barry.

But when the wheel stopped working he said the Bluetooth module seemed to have failed.

So does this base use Bluetooth?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Doesn't seem so. My understanding was the base is wired for motor control and the wheel used wireless for the buttons.
The digital motorsports link that gamer muscle refers to in his preview vide from autosport suggests that it is the site ran by the Irish bloke in the comprehensive review. Seen Broadbent racing irl at his facilities on another video too.

If there is a EU supplier providing this then it doesn't seem such a bad idea and gives some reassurance

Upvote 0
Well he seemed real excited about how this worked with iRacing, but anything else was on par with a CSW.

Sounds like they just focused on iRacing with the software. Hopefully with updates it will get better for the other sims.

Upvote 0
Yeah. Seeing issues on everything else and Raceroom not having force Feedback is a let down. I can only imagine how long it's going to take for compatibility to be implemented with all the sims still under support.

Upvote 0
I realize this is one reviewers experience but the problems he had with ACC and 3RE is disconcerting. My understanding is that this wheelbase has been out since 2018. Do people in China not have access to or drive those sims? That and the notchiness, though slight, has greatly tempered my enthusiasm for this ddw.

Upvote 0
As someone who is on the verge of making a DD purchase I have been keeping this one on the list of ones to consider but I think I'm going to have to just spend the extra money on the Podium series or the Simucube.

I love that things like this are being put out because this price point for a DD kit was sorely needed. I don't think we are that far away from DD bases that cost as much as the CSW 2.5 with much more power and fidelity. It's all about sofftware after that.

Upvote 0
At first I was very interested in the M10, because I'm planning to exchange the (ageing) TX wheelbase with a DD wheel. At the moment the M10 is on the candidates list as well as Simplicity's SW8C+.
I'd love to have the Accuforce V2 on the list aswell, but as there's no EU distributor, it's off.

The thing is: I need to mount it on my Playseat Challenge, so the weight is very important to me, followed by matching bolt patterns.
When asked via mail, Simplicity answered a day later with the exact dimensions and weight of the MiGe, plus the information that the mounting bracket covers both thrustmaster and fanatec patterns.

Simagic, however, was not able to answer the question straightforward. SimFai quotet a weight of 14 KGs, some other user said it's 8-10 KG, and Boosted Media on YT replied with some 10-12 KG.
At least they started to publish the User's manual and some data sheets in the Simagic Owners Facebook group, but still I did not get any reliant Information about the weight, let alone the hole patterns / options of the mounting brackets.

Yet the M10 seems to be too heavy for my plan, I am still kinda interested in it, because it has the controller included in the motor housing, while the SW8C+ is a typical OSW setup with an external controller I'll have to connect and disconnect every time I use the setup in our living room.
Plus the M10 base comes with a full blown quick release.
But still, I am quite disappointed from not getting my simple and basic questings answered.

So, at the moment I tend to go shopping at Simplicity's.

Upvote 0
This foldaway rig allows the wheel plinth to hinge up to allow you in and out ?

I can't imaging any DD motor being safe doing that. They all have much more weight that the entire seat - we had a challenge in the office for a while and I would never have considered mounting one. Absolutely I appreciate that you may have no other option - but these wheel bases (even without a wheel attached) are realistically a two-hand lift. (I've a DD1, and its' a 2 man lift without a wheel, and the cables wouldn't appreciate the twist and pull)

Doing, as I do, health and safety for a living, can I urge you to reconsider? I can't image the rig will be safe when empty, and as I recall the hinge mechanism, along with the single stabilisation foot on the side the wheel deck hinges out to, can't possibly stabilise that sort of weight.

Please take care with any small people, or pets anywhere nearby as you get in and out, should you press ahead ! :geek:

(In fact, I'd love to see a vid of entry and exit should you do it....)

I'm not trying to pish on yer chips, and I could be wrong here, but I don't think so.

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea